Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Site purchase

Options
  • 28-06-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Can anyone tell me what % of the site cost AIB will give? I thought it was 80% of the price of the site. I cant seem to find a definitive answer on the site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

I wouldn't think that AIB would publish their Credit Policy on their website.

It isn't black and white anyway. Every loan assessment is a function of a few characteristics. Repayment capacity, security, purpose and character being the main ones. The percentage they will fund is only a guideline. Exceptions are made to credit policy all the time as long as they are justifiable.

Borrowing to buy a site has a couple of added complications like what happens if the planning on the site lapses or if you make a hash of the construction of the house (build risk).

In general banks tend to stick to funding around 70-75% of any purchase. They generally fund a higher proportion of your private dwelling house or residential investment property because 1) its a competitive section of the lending market 2) people have a higher level of committment to repaying their homeloan and 3) the security is easily realisable.

If your purchasing a site they will probably calculate how much you can afford to repay and give you this amount or 70-75% of the cost of the site (whichever is lower figure). If your income is strong I wouldn't imagine they would have an issue doing 80%.

Advertisement