Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E6600 Build, which P35 Motherboard?

Options
  • 28-06-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Am looking at the P35 Chipset mobo's on Komplett and wondering which to pick. Would appreciate and input. Looking at the MSI, Gigabyte and Abit.

tnx,

inqui

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

www.hardwareversand.de > komplett

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8V6Blb-p1J5lpq/2/articledetail.jsp?aid=10123&agid=659

i just ordered this , or there are more expensive abits and gigs to be had , the msi p35 isnt great ment to have buggy bios's , how Much you willing to part with and do you want ddr3 support?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

For me, personally Gigabyte P35

After reading this.

looks like a tutti frutti pop tho :( , anyways ddr3 wont be mainstream for a good while yet...just moar things to go wrong with it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

gigabyte boards have always been ugly. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hey, I think their multicoloured layout has zing. Anyway, you can never see most of the board under todays coolers and GFX cards. Also, it accepts DDR2. I agree that there is no point buying DDR3 memory, unless someone starts some inane thread about "Whats the best memory, money no object".....*shudder*.

• Advertisement

agreed , just get a ddr2 one for now less things to worry about . if you ahve muchos dineros then an asus p5k for 190? maybe best board there is atm anyways XD

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Abit IP35 Pro best of the bunch at the moment, the P5K has heat issues for some reason although I think Asus might have rev'd it already to sort it out. If you're not into much 'clocking just get the cheapest, they're all basically identical when running stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I have the MSI P35 Platinum and it works great no major complaints, it has been rock solid and offers decent overclocking options.

The only minor quibble is that it has only 4 native SATA ports instead of 6, two are paired off for external eSATA ports in the I/O section so you have no choice in the matter. Another single internal SATA port is provided by a third party controller.

Advertisement