Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kitchen

Options
  • 28-06-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

At the stage now that we are looking around for a Kitchen for new build.Is there anything to look out for before deciding on what supplier to go with?Got a few different quotes from suppliers,all seem to come in around the same price.for the type of kitchen we are going for.Can anyone recommend a supplier in Galway/Mayo Area?What gagets would you include in the kitchen?

Regards Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

Hi barry, sorry I am not much help when it comes to a reccomendation, but one thing I will say is that if you are not putting in a dishwasher/big fridge straight away make sure that you leave room for it & have plumbing & that sorted out so if you ever decide to add these you can do so with little fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

A nice feature we have is little 'rams' installed in the gables of the units. These stop the doors banging. Dunno what they are called but they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

prospect wrote:
    A nice feature we have is little 'rams' installed in the gables of the units. These stop the doors banging. Dunno what they are called but they are great.

Soft closers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

squire1 wrote:
    Soft closers?

Probably. I suppose its as good a name as any!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Slow move pistons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

hi barry, senior management tells me that magnet
    www.magnet.co.uk give very good ideas on their website....

take it from me don't get involved in the kitchen decisions:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

We put in 2 * 400mm larders on either side of the fridge.
    But instead of shelves we installed pull out wire baskets

have a look here - http://www.viboitaly.com/eng/chisiamo.htm

they are great and give full access. don't forget to leave a big space for cereal boxes. we also used these for a 900mm cutlery drawer in the island with two pan/saucepan wire trays underneath.

If you are putting in an island - try and get power to it so you can have a socket on it -for carving etc.

K

Advertisement