Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some specifics on nipple piercing...

Options
  • 28-06-2007 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭

probably gonna get this done, but just want to check a few details with regard long term effects and healing...

being female, and preferring to wear a bra at pretty much all times bar being in bed... is that likely to irritate/infect the piercing? i can think of having had my belly done, and finding loose tshirts a godsend, and even getting some surgery on my neck, i had been intending hiding the scar behind a poloneck/scarf, but finding it healed so much quicker and was safer from infection the less stuff that was rubbing off it... so im concerned from that aspect considering im hardly gonna be walking around letting this piercing have a lil air....

also, i was mentioning to a friend that i was contemplating this, and she said she wouldnt, as she'd be worried about complications with breastfeeding in the future. now, god forbid i should ever actually have a kid... but if i did, i would most certainly like to breastfeed, and wouldnt like to compromise that due to a piercing i got a zillion years ago....

hmmm... i think thats all the problems i can see with getting it done, im pretty good with aftercare, very careful and thorough, id just be worried about those little things....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I don't know about the female perspective as my genetalia are on the outside, but I've a ring through one of mine, and really didn't have any clothing issues, it was tender for a for a few days, but that was about it, chaffing didn't come into the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yeah, i reckon with a bra, you've probably got less rubbing against, as its more likely to be in the one place the whole time...

annoyingly, i hardly know any chicks iwth it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Narco I have both done and haven't had any serious problems with clothing, apart from the occasional time it gets stuck or snags on something (this will happen, you just have to be extra careful). For the first few weeks you will find your bra will irritate it a little bit, but you can get round this by placing a surgical cotton pad over the piercing and taping it on for short periods at a time just to stop it from rubbing against your bra until it starts to heal. You need to be careful not to do this for too long though because the wound needs to breathe.

As long as it's done by a professional and fully competent piercer there will be no risk of it affecting your ability to breastfeed in future, so you don't need to worry about that.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! haha, thanks, thats exactly what i wanted to know...

now, i assume i wont have to book this or anything, right? just stroll in?

like with most piercings, i appreciate you gotta book tats though....

Yep, you can just head on it. If you're in the Dublin area I would highly recommend Aine in Celestial Ring, she's absolutely fab.
    Edit: St. Stephen's Green branch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Also, with regards to breastfeeding... The guy who did my nipple piercing says it only cuts 4 out of 24 ducts so there is no prob there... Or so I was told! Hope that's the case anyway! Good luck!

thanks a mil guys, yeah, i was heading for the place in stephens green, got my tattoo done there and nothing but a good experience :)

hmmm... wonder will áine be there on saturday...

but really thanks.

hehe, gotta love those decisions you him and haw over for years, and suddenly decide and act on in a couple of days... ive yet to regret any of them yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

metalmorphisis are really good too,its 90 euro for the two in there

im just gettin the one done... but jebus, haha, ive never been so twitchy about a piercing before! ive never wanted to get it over and done with so much with any other piercing, im really apprehensive about it... i keep wincing and hugging my boob every time i think about it :D *winces and hugs boob*

haha, IS it that much worse cos its in such a sensitive place?

ive my ears done a good few times, and my lip and belly, and didnt find any painful - a lil nik alright - but not painful so to speak... im really nervy about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

My freind got his nipple pierced said it was pretty dammed sore at first but the pain will fade away fast.

Also i would advise staying away from metal morphisis personally, although i got my lip done in there and it turned out grand ive heard too many horror stories about the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dsignr25

I was pleasantly surprised when I got mine done. After the initial pain of the needle I never felt a thing. Its not as sore as you would think for such a sensitive place. It did bleed a little that night but that was all. Just put a pad in your bra to soak up any blood just incase and get a bottle of nipple antiseptic from any chemist to help it heal.

nipple antiseptic

lol! haha, that has got to be one of the greatest products ever invented :P im so highly amused right now you can totally tell that ive hardly slept in days :D

yeah, ill probably go to celestial ring in stevens green... ive heard one or two stories of metalmorphosis too, but then again, EVERYONE's heard the horror stories of the place on george's arcade, but ive gotten 8 or 9 of my ear and lip ones done there without the slightest bit of hassle.

heh, its really weird, ive actually never felt so squirmy about something like this before... surgery yes... but voluntary piercing, no. hehe, ill let you know how it goes tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dsignr25

Best of luck so - this time tomorrow you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about:D

dsignr25 wrote:
    Best of luck so - this time tomorrow you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about:D
    (while watching shrek the third, hopefully:D)

but i think the funny bit's in a weeks time and you wonder what your nipple ever looked like unpierced ;D

I would actually advise against "nipple antiseptic". The best possible thing you can use on it is a homemade saline solution, ask about this when you go to get pierced and somebody will be able to explain to you exactly how to make it. (Too lazy to type instuctions :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Shot glasses are the way to go. Put your salt water in them shortly followed by your nipples and leave them there for 10 minutes or so. Happy nipples!

what was the big deal again?! :D

i love it!

also, i was advised to use basically qtips and salt water, or the antiseptic stuff they give you. should be grand, im generally a fast healer.

twas sweet as though, lil more painful gettin done than previous ones, but grand, nonetheless.

Advertisement