Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Excel Question

Options
  • 28-06-2007 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi guys sorry not sure if this is the right forum to ask a question on ms Excel but didnt see what other forum i could use.

What I am tyring to set up in excel is a column with 7 sentences which i would then be able to select a minimum of 3 sentences all under the same column. I believe I would use check boxes but not entirely sure how'd I'd set it up.

Can anyone advise me?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't follow your post.
    You have a column (say column A) which has a sentence in each cell of A1 to A7.
    Do you then want to take three of these (at random?) and use them elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ShaMaster

Since your question is somewhat ambiguous, what I can point out is - if you don't want to involve yourself in programming (like VBA) - you may want to check out filter or pivot table, where you can choose/filter values...:D
    darren85 wrote:
    Hi guys sorry not sure if this is the right forum to ask a question on ms Excel but didnt see what other forum i could use.

What I am tyring to set up in excel is a column with 7 sentences which i would then be able to select a minimum of 3 sentences all under the same column. I believe I would use check boxes but not entirely sure how'd I'd set it up.

Can anyone advise me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mmccarthy

You can also look at adding a listbox object to your worksheet

Advertisement