Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont know what i'm doing

Options
  • 28-06-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Hi all I hope ye can give advice & comments about our house plants.

Plant #1 - the mutant aloe
    the mutant aloe.JPG

this is the Mutant, we have it about 18 months or so & it came in a 10 cm pot, now it is taking over the flat :eek:
    it is a little off coloured at the minute because it was left outside over the good weekend that we had a few weeks ago & it went all brown.

the main question about this plant is how do I take a cutting?

Plant #2 - the easy grow aloe
    easy grow aloe.JPG

this is another type of Aloe Vera, that my better half rescued from work, we brought it home put it on the window & now they are also taking over the house (we have about 11 of them scattered around & have given away about 5)

what type of aloe is this?

Plant #3 - cup of tea?
    cup of tea.JPG

This is a plant that was given to me recently (although in about 2 weeks it has almost doubled in size & has started flowering)

what type of plant is this? (I was told the leaves make a "nice" cup of tea ;) )

Plant #4 - ugly thing
    ugly thing.JPG

this thing we have a while & it hasn't done much, it had the wrong sticker on the pot (we think)
    it needs to be repotted but plant 2 means we are running short of pots.

what plant is this?

Plant #5 - money plant
    money plant.JPG

this is our last plant, another one we inherited recently, I dont really have any questions about this (yet) but I thought I would post a pic of it anyway so it wouldnt feel left out.

although as with any of the above any advice is more than welcome as we really dont know what we are doing, the plants just get a bit os water every now and again & that is about it, we are kind of picking it up as we go along.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Plant #2 - the easy grow aloe

this is another type of Aloe Vera, that my better half rescued from work, we brought it home put it on the window & now they are also taking over the house (we have about 11 of them scattered around & have given away about 5)
    aloe aristata, i think. i have a couple given to me by a friend - their original plants have spawned literally dozens of daughter plants.

mine flowered recently. it was amazing how fast the stalk appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

?

Plant #3 - cup of tea?
    cup of tea.JPG

This is a plant that was given to me recently (although in about 2 weeks it has almost doubled in size & has started flowering)

what type of plant is this? (I was told the leaves make a "nice" cup of tea ;) )

This is a coleus.
    Coleus%202.JPG

"nice" cup of tea....... very naughty, you live up to your username 3greenrizla's

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

jeeees Irish Gardener

I wish I had your space for me chillis , toms, and peppers . My 6 x 8 greenhouse is full and so is me utility window....:)

I need more space !

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

:D Thats not my place garyh3.
    Hope the chillis , toms, and peppers are growing away well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Too well

the toms are taking over the place but the chiili's are fighting back :D

Gary3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Aloes are pretty hardy. Cut off any leaves you want and put them in a plastic bag in the fridge. Great if you have a little burn, cut or sunburn. (Latter an unlikey event.)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

Thanks for the reply lads & sorry for the late reply,
    aloe aristata, i think. i have a couple given to me by a friend - their original plants have spawned literally dozens of daughter plants.

mine flowered recently. it was amazing how fast the stalk appeared.

I read this comment on friday & thought it must be a different plant, but I came home from work today & noticed a stalk growing out of the middle or the mother plant (if that is the right term)
    This is a coleus.
    Coleus%202.JPG

Thats the one, thanks Irish Gardener, mine has a flower growing from the top though, now you have given me something to look up.
    .........very naughty, you live up to your username

I'm not sure if that is a compliment or not:o

Advertisement