Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is Ul a good laugh?

• 28-06-2007 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

All academic stuff aside, is it a fun college?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 meanturtle

Speaking from 2 years of drinking in many different places, walking around college and in lectures and being to other colleges ul is definatly one of the best laffs you will get. everyone is up for mischief its great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

best college ever

think about it ... in most other irish colleges, you have a university spread out over a few sites, in the middle of a city - e.g. NUIG - where people could live miles away from each other, and everyone goes out to different spots etc

but in UL, it's all on one campus, and all the housing estates around are full of students. the lodge is a guaranteed laugh (maybe not for all ... you'll know if you're ever going to like it after about three nights, i loved it) and the stables always has something going on because it's in the middle of college.

good laugh? great laugh

wish i wasn't finished - hence the sad face!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

hoody wrote:
    best college ever
    think about it ... in most other irish colleges, you have a university spread out over a few sites, in the middle of a city - e.g. NUIG - where people could live miles away from each other, and everyone goes out to different spots etc

Agreed, it's great knowing that almost everyone living around the place is a student. It makes for lots of uninterrupted parties :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

cum on september and the 3 year younger than me first years.........cant wait:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

hoody wrote:
    best college ever

but in UL, it's all on one campus, and all the housing estates around are full of students. the lodge is a guaranteed laugh (maybe not for all ... you'll know if you're ever going to like it after about three nights, i loved it) and the stables always has something going on because it's in the middle of college.

Bang on - UL made me the person I am today...which may not be a good thing depending where you're coming from

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Whats been said :)

Excellent college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

After 2 years I can say it's a fantastic laugh...

Like those before have said, the number of students nearby and the Stables, Hurlers and Groody Bars in the locality leads to loads of opportunities for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Brilliant....I wanted to go to Cork but now the only thing I regret is not taking a year out before college. I've been to Cork and there's very little buzz about UCC anyway!

It's great craic and there'll always be something to keep u entertained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Buttons007

Absolutely best time of my life without a shadow of a doubt!

So sad to be finished :(

Would definitely recommend to anyone and everyone to get involved in clubs and societies - such a brilliant way to meet people, get involved in different activities, events and trips.

I've visited other Uni's in Ireland and none of them have the same atmosphere or activity. Its such a beautiful campus as well with all the grassy areas, trees and the river running through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jimbo007

i agree with them above.. it's always been great craic for the time i've been here!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

If I had a time machine I would set it to bring me back in a period looping from Sept 98 to Sept 03. Those 5 years at UL were excellent :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Yup.. College was better in those times... Rag weeks in the plaze .. the frames playing for 50p (97). twas fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

/me jumps on the old-farts-reminiscing-about-UL bandwagon.

Yup, its a great time :) wish I could do it all again

Cormac you were there when I was finishing I am fairly sure..

Yup, you gave me and some mates grinds in ASP when I was in 2nd year (2001-ish). Went back to do mustech after Comp Sys. Which is how I know BossArky and 440Hz too.

Gets stalker hat out :D

You passed didnt you :P

I sure did. I actually got to use ASP too, on co-op.

But if you put a page of ASP code in front of me now... :o

Well thats the same with me at this stage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

ASP scares me...

cant wait to hit UL for Year 4 my liver wont know what hit it after this whole co-op thing.. proper mid week drinkin.. and whats better only going back just as the rugby world cup starts there goes the first 6 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Nutty wrote:
    ASP scares me...

cant wait to hit UL for Year 4 my liver wont know what hit it after this whole co-op thing.. proper mid week drinkin.. and whats better only going back just as the rugby world cup starts there goes the first 6 weeks
    I dont think I could have summed up my next year in college better even if I tried:D

• Advertisement

From what you have all said.. I really cant wait now.

Lets hope I pass my leaving cert now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Galway1987

BEst choice ive ever made was attending UL, 3 years left!!!! cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

it's the most amazing place i've ever been!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

going into frist yr in september...cant wait lol!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I was there from '90 through to '95 & will never forget the place.
    The whole thing is one big fun campus & as all the nearby housing estates are 95% students nobody ever complains.

You hear about Dublin students complaining about rents & affordability.
    That will teach them for ****ing up their CAO form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

BigL90 wrote:
    All academic stuff aside, is it a fun college?

Its as fun as you make it...

Advertisement