Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What can they do now!?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Double C wrote:
    Jesus, does sarcasm have to be invoked by the :rolleyes: everytime?
    Nope it doesn't, but i just invoked the ;) just so that there was no confusion :)

VR!

I think if they are going to start pushing people , they should look towards the Hardys , they get bigger pops then anybody at the moment. The only problem is i dont think they know what do do with them .
    with regards free agents, there are lots out there but squeeky clean is another thing. I honestly dont know were they can go. I think they will be kicking themselve's for loosing Christian the way they did and the same with Angle. Who know's they might actually call a truce with TNA and start exchanging some talent talent .

with regards free agents, there are lots out there but squeeky clean is another thing. I honestly dont know were they can go. I think they will be kicking themselve's for loosing Christian the way they did and the same with Angle. Who know's they might actually call a truce with TNA and start exchanging some talent talent .

Be serious please! Comparing Christian to Angle is insane! Angle was well established multi time champion who had credibility and star power to beat the band. Christian was a glorified midcarder still living in his former partner's shadow. Is Christian a good worker, yeah he is, is he good on the stick? Yes is he, is he great? In recent months yes, but he didn't QUITE have that at the time his contract expired. Is he comparible to Kurt Freakin' Angle?

Not a chance! He pales in comparison, and miserably! By comparison Angle was far a bigger loss.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

But Kurt had achieved pretty much all he could in his time at WWE, whereas Christian still had a lot to offer. I think WWE were right to let Angle go when they did, he doesn't seem the same as he was 2 or 3 years ago. I agree with Dre about WWE kicking themselves over losing Christian, although I understand Christian wanted to go to benefit from the lighter schedule.
    From reading interviews with Angle it seems he is off his rocker anyway. I doubt very much that WWE miss Angle.

On a side note, there had been a rumour doing the rounds that WWE were after Matt Sydal but he was at the Impact tapings this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Double C wrote:
    But Kurt had achieved pretty much all he could in his time at WWE, whereas Christian still had a lot to offer. I think WWE were right to let Angle go when they did, he doesn't seem the same as he was 2 or 3 years ago. I agree with Dre about WWE kicking themselves over losing Christian, although I understand Christian wanted to go to benefit from the lighter schedule.
    From reading interviews with Angle it seems he is off his rocker anyway. I doubt very much that WWE miss Angle.

watch the latest tna impact. Angle is still class. Granted he's past his peak but even so he's still better than most.

I saw it. Angle is still very good, but he hasn't hit the highs in TNA that he hit in WWE. WWE definitely got the best out of him, whereas TNA are getting the best out of Christian right now.

I never meant to take anything away from Kurt, he's one of my favourites, but he can't have too long left at the highest level (**** I just called TNA the highest level :o ). He would want to be careful, he's a ticking time bomb. I definitely don't think WWE miss him.

Angle won't be missed by WWE given the circumstances, They released him for his own well being and he jumped to the competition. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE give him the Jarrett treatment.

Say what you want about TNA's writing, but they made Christian who he is now. There's no way he'd ever gotten main event level like that in WWE, mainly because he didn't have the WWE main eventer look, whereas anyone can qualify for it in TNA, which is why i'm actually enjoying TNA more than WWE these days. I guess thats the point i was trying to make originally.

VR!

I agree. Christian has been used excellently in TNA. His transition from face to heel was handled very well, he was always going to be a good guy when he started there because he was so popular, but he is at his best as he is right now. They also give him freedom on the mic which WWE never really did, apart from the E&C days and the short lived Peep Show.

Back to WWE though. Anyone think Khali would get over as a face? He was getting a few cheers the last time I saw him, his promos are hilarious (his translator needs to be shot) and apart from Hardy, there is literally no one else for Edge to feud with atm.

Be serious please! Comparing Christian to Angle is insane! Angle was well established multi time champion who had credibility and star power to beat the band. Christian was a glorified midcarder still living in his former partner's shadow. Is Christian a good worker, yeah he is, is he good on the stick? Yes is he, is he great? In recent months yes, but he didn't QUITE have that at the time his contract expired. Is he comparible to Kurt Freakin' Angle?

Not a chance! He pales in comparison, and miserably! By comparison Angle was far a bigger loss.

VR!

Well Try reading it agian , im not comparing Christian to Angle !

What i am saying is that they have lost 2 wrestlers with great talent that i am sure they would love to have back and would take them back if they had the chance !
    Agian Christian fall's into one of these catagories were the WWE doesnt know what to do with him . I was camparing the talent WWE have let go. When Christian was getting bigger pops then Batista , who was being pushed who was the champion.
    as for Angle, he speaks for himself , probably the best wrestler in the world today .
    Take RVD , i dont know whats going on there behind the scenes but if WWE gives him a lighter schedual he could well return. He is still on the WWE website.

• Advertisement

Well Try reading it agian , im not comparing Christian to Angle !

What i am saying is that they have lost 2 wrestlers with great talent that i am sure they would love to have back and would take them back if they had the chance !

Exclamation mark! Exclamation mark!
    If WWE would agree to Christians lighter schedule, i'd agree. Although from what i also remember, when his contract expired they low-balled him and he told them to f*ck off. But he still wouldn't get over as a main eventer due to his size. Sadly this isn't the 90s anymore.
    Agian Christian fall's into one of these catagories were the WWE doesnt know what to do with him .

I'd say for the want of a better term, they ran out of **** for him to do. Realistically his character in TNA is no different to that of WWE. Problem is WWE were asking too much from him, especially for an audience that was used to The Rock. Sorry, as good as Christian is on the mic, he's no Rock.
    I was camparing the talent WWE have let go. When Christian was getting bigger pops then Batista , who was being pushed who was the champion.

Because at the time he was way more over after turning on HHH to go face. People forget how crazy over he actually was and how people WANTED him to get the belt just to get it off HHH. It was only when he came back from injury and became a shadow of his former self that people got bored of him, and rightfully so.
    as for Angle, he speaks for himself , probably the best wrestler in the world today .

I don't know about that as far as today is concerned. He gets a fraction of the TV time he used to, as well as ring time so i'm not convinced of that. I respect what he's done in the past, but given the less time he has and how beaten up he is, i'd be wary of throwing that accolade on him.
    Take RVD , i dont know whats going on there behind the scenes but if WWE gives him a lighter schedual he could well return. He is still on the WWE website.

Cos his 60 days isn't up yet i don't think, although i could be wrong there. If he has a no compete clause, it means he's still technically speaking, WWE property.

VR!

What are you throwing facts for ? Stat boy !! None of us actually know what goes on backstage. This thread is were do we go from here. Its our opinions on what they could do or were could they go. Think outside the box !

I thought van Dam didn't have that clause where he couldn't turn up anywhere else because his contract expired? Thats how Christian turned up on Impact the week after his WWE contract expired.

What are you throwing facts for ?
    Uh, because it explains stuff?
    Stat boy !!
    Real mature... you must be proud :rolleyes:
    None of us actually know what goes on backstage. This thread is were do we go from here. Its our opinions on what they could do or were could they go. Think outside the box !

None of us CLAIM to know what goes on backstage, unless roving reporter Meltz tells all, and 9 times out of 10 he's right and the other time he's misquoted.

And you're right... it's our opinion on where they could go... and i gave mine! :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If RVD's contract is expired, then WWE can't stop him from doing whatever he wants

Khali could be a great face if they gave him a karaoke gimmick. I have to thank the Bryan and Vinny Show from Figure 4 for the inspiration for this idea. They're always playing remixes of songs sent in by listeners, with some words and phrases replaced by recordings of Khali. Have Khali carry a radio around with him backstage and have him shout new lyrics for songs and he's guaranteed to get over. GUARANTEED~!

Double C wrote:
    I thought van Dam didn't have that clause where he couldn't turn up anywhere else because his contract expired? Thats how Christian turned up on Impact the week after his WWE contract expired.

Just an attempted explanation as to why he's still on the roster page. Although it was also reported around the time Orton buried him that he may still have worked out a contract with WWE. Time will tell.

VR!

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    Khali could be a great face if they gave him a karaoke gimmick. I have to thank the Bryan and Vinny Show from Figure 4 for the inspiration for this idea. They're always playing remixes of songs sent in by listeners, with some words and phrases replaced by recordings of Khali. Have Khali carry a radio around with him backstage and have him shout new lyrics for songs and he's guaranteed to get over. GUARANTEED~!

Oh jesus Foz, don't give em ideas. Next thing we'll see a Khali v Jillian sing-off.
    Just what we never wanted! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sure wasn't it being reported RVD's contract didn't expire until July anyway? So he probably still is under contract until Sunday

Hey, there will be NO USE of tildas here!

I don't know about that as far as today is concerned. He gets a fraction of the TV time he used to, as well as ring time so i'm not convinced of that. I respect what he's done in the past, but given the less time he has and how beaten up he is, i'd be wary of throwing that accolade on him.

VR!

He went well over 40 minutes on impact. He's not at the level he was three - four year ago but he is still arguably one of the best wrestlers around today.
    I just hope he isn't burnt out for his match With Lesnar. If not, and Lesnar is into it, they could have a good match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:

haha.............................
    Sure they have nothing else to do with Jillian except have her coming out every week on smackdown and screaming into the mic.They may actually get a storyline out of your idea though and get khali over at the same time

• Advertisement

Jillian is doing all her screaming on Raw now.

They need to rejuvinate Khali somehow, Fozzy's idea is the best so far! SD is too full of heels, and **** ones at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Double C wrote:
    Jillian is doing all her screaming on Raw now.

They need to rejuvinate Khali somehow, Fozzy's idea is the best so far! SD is too full of heels, and **** ones at that.

well edge and mvp aren't doing too bad a job as heels

Ah yeah, I was referring to the **** ones apart from the good ones, if that makes any sense. The likes of Henry, Khali and Masters. Finlay is the only other good heel apart from Edge and MVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Try get some of the old guys back for a few weeks/months till the injuries are healed and the current shadow is gone...By old guys i mean Rock Austin Jericho

ec18 wrote:
    Try get some of the old guys back for a few weeks/months till the injuries are healed and the current shadow is gone...By old guys i mean Rock Austin Jericho

Forget about the first two, Rock has complained several times of back injuries and Austin's neck, back and knees are f*cked. Jericho would be a welcome return tho.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Id love to see an absolute bad-ass, monster come in (someone who could do a job similiar to Big Van Vader in the early 90's), and give them a lengthy title reign off of Cena.

Also, im probably the only one here who'd like this but, Sid to come back (hey, he says he's fit!!) and become the 'Master and ruler of the world' again, we'd get to watch him fumble his way to the top again!!
    He would have been deadly in the role of Vinny Mac's killer!!
    Anyone ever see the youtube vid of him totally overselling stone cold's chop block in '97, makes me piss myself every time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Fozzy wrote:
    If RVD's contract is expired, then WWE can't stop him from doing whatever he wants

BEST.GIMMICK.EVER :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Forget about the first two, Rock has complained several times of back injuries and Austin's neck, back and knees are f*cked. Jericho would be a welcome return tho.

VR!

Even if they were brought in for backstage and the mic with little to no actual wrestling they would give the wwe some time to recover and sort stuff out

ec18 wrote:
    Even if they were brought in for backstage and the mic with little to no actual wrestling they would give the wwe some time to recover and sort stuff out

Good point, Austin and Angle came up with some seriously funny stuff during the InVasion angle in 2001, and they were both benched at the time.

VR!

Good point, Austin and Angle came up with some seriously funny stuff during the InVasion angle in 2001, and they were both benched at the time.

VR!

ah yes in once incident they were singing a song for Vince. I recall Angle saying they had a difficult time keeping a straight face while the cameras were rolling

• Advertisement

ah yes in once incident they were singing a song for Vince. I recall Angle saying they had a difficult time keeping a straight face while the cameras were rolling

Yeah it was on Smackdown, According to Austin on the "What?" DVD it had to be shot twice because they actually did fall around the place laughing as it was done.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

that austin/kurt "angle" was pure gold. the two of them fighting over who vince loved the most; kurt with the baby cowboy hat, ah those were the days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The whole Vince thing will be treated like it never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'd say Vince will be taking some time off now, to let the angle die down and for the 3 month rule to kick in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

If i was in power, as the new wwe chairman, this would be my plan--

1)--the WWE belt & WC belts---- well i would not have a long running champion unless it was good for the business. I would like to see the belt change hands more. But only the wrestlers that are good at talking on camera. Lets face it john cena seems dry on camera.

2)-- the intercontinental belt & C/weight belt -- should be used more and change hands more between the young talent.

3) -- the tage team belts-- I cannot understand why wwe have made this boring. I loved the tag team matches years ago.

4)-- the face of the business--- should make himself. I hate when wwe shove someone onto our faces and tell us to like him. I would put a stop to wwe controlling talent and try to encourage people to step up. Stone Cold was a nobody for years and one day he was it, just out of the blue.

5)-- the 3 brands--- i would keep this going.

6)-- Smack down -- should be live and have it on a thursday.

7)-- chairman on tv-- I would give it a go and if i was good i would continue. But the chairman should always be a heel. Trying to fill vince's shoes in this role would be tough.

Thats it for now.

Advertisement