Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full License - Letter From Employer.

Options
  • 28-06-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi, i would like some more information about what happens if you get a letter from your employer, saying you urgently need a driving test...how do you go about this?? and the people that have done it, what happened???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

abcxyz123 wrote:
    Hi, i would like some more information about what happens if you get a letter from your employer, saying you urgently need a driving test...how do you go about this?? and the people that have done it, what happened???

You will get a test within 6 weeks of sending it in. I did it and got my test.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

jjbrien what exactly did you put in the letter would like to do this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

I wrote this, printed it on company paper and had the director sign it. I then included it with my driving license application. If you've already applied and have a reference number, include that instead.
    Subject: <your name>’s Driving Test Application

To whom it concerns

<your name>’s position as <job title> at <company> requires him <do something that needs a car> and as such a full driving license would be an advantage. We would appreciate it if you could put him on the list for a cancellation slot so that he may be able to take his driving test at the earliest possible opportunity.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It is also useful to write "I am willing to be tested at very short notice" in large lettering at the top of the application form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

Thanks, im gonna do this, i really want to get my license by the end of the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

I got it in 5 weeks when i sent it. Dont forget to include the employer's VAT number, thats the important part

Advertisement