Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&A social night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I said maybe, but I'm not sure really...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Indeed, a valiant effort Tim. Its never easy to arrange these things, I have to do this for a living. Beruthiel's idea is a good one. You can make it grow from there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah it is much easier that way, since a lot of boards people go to these ones anyway.

I like the atheist table idea!
    Will go in august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Will the romans be there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

If you book them, they will come!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

3. Arrange a debate when J C can make it
    :D :cool: :):o :eek:

there's a boards beers next weekend, the 11th, will we all go to that? we can have an AA table :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Galvasean wrote:
    :D :cool: :):o :eek:

I would actually like to see someone make all these faces in real life, in as quick succession as J C always seems to.
    bluewolf wrote:
    there's a boards beers next weekend, the 11th, will we all go to that? we can have an AA table :D

I second this idea :)

Edit: gosh, this is a very colourful post...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

yeah, i'd be up for that too.

• Advertisement

I would actually like to see someone make all these faces in real life, in as quick succession as J C always seems to.
    I imagine this guy could come close to pulling it off.
    jim1-80.jpg

Where can i find out more about this gathering on the 11th?

Sounds fun. i think we should have an 'atheist' table, not to separate us via religious belief (or lack there of), but because well don't mean to get all teary eyed Ive grown quite fond of some of the regular posters here (you too PDN!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Should be around -- include me in. The weather's great in West Cork, btw. Hope it's raining in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

robindch wrote:
    Should be around -- include me in. The weather's great in West Cork, btw. Hope it's raining in Dublin

I hope to make it as well. Yes, robin, the weather's been god-awful.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Galvasean wrote:
    I imagine this guy could come close to pulling it off.
    jim1-80.jpg

Where can i find out more about this gathering on the 11th?

Heh, I suppose he probably could...He looks so young in that picture...
    Scofflaw wrote:
    I hope to make it as well. Yes, robin, the weather's been god-awful.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Or no-god-awful, given the forum that it's in...?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Bejasus. I've no excuse for Saturday 11th - I might just go.

How the heck does anyone recognise anyone though??!

Wander round and ask I suppose? Or maybe someone could bring an "atheist table" sign!

I could go dressed a s a dinosaur..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

bluewolf wrote:
    Or maybe someone could bring an "atheist table" sign!

That should pretty much guarantee that no strangers try to talk to us ;)

Maybe someone could make an effigy of RD we could stand in the middle of the table?

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote:
    I could go dressed a s a dinosaur..
    Heh, I did consider wearing a robe and white beard.
    Thought that might be looking for trouble on the nightlink later, though. :D
    rockbeer wrote:
    Maybe someone could make an effigy of RD we could stand in the middle of the table?
    Uh, no thanks! I'd say you'd be a while waiting for the real one to buy his round, too.

We could put up a sign saying, "Protect the rhinos!". A nice in joke.

bluewolf wrote:
    Wander round and ask I suppose? Or maybe someone could bring an "atheist table" sign!

Hmm. Would the table necessarily be atheist, though? Shouldn't we ask it first?

Fair point, though. Contrary to official sources, we don't have horns and tails.

Traditionally, we'd all wear some agreed signal like a white carnation. I suspect most of us would be too embarrassed to wear any such thing, of course, and would simply rely on other people doing so.

Perhaps someone could act as a nucleus. I nominate The Atheist to bring a sign saying "The Atheist"!

irresponsibly,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote:
    Hmm. Would the table necessarily be atheist, though? Shouldn't we ask it first?

Fair point, though. Contrary to official sources, we don't have horns and tails.

Traditionally, we'd all wear some agreed signal like a white carnation. I suspect most of us would be too embarrassed to wear any such thing, of course, and would simply rely on other people doing so.

Perhaps someone could act as a nucleus. I nominate The Atheist to bring a sign saying "The Atheist"!

irresponsibly,
    Scofflaw

Tell you what, once I'm there, I shall leave my hat on the table. Will try to arrive early (and, frankly, as I've got a week of thesising ahead, will probably succeed in arriving as early at the pub as possible on a Saturday evening...)

Tell you what, once I'm there, I shall leave my hat on the table. Will try to arrive early (and, frankly, as I've got a week of thesising ahead, will probably succeed in arriving as early at the pub as possible on a Saturday evening...)

Is this a particularly recognisable hat? A proper Mad Hatter hat?

interested,
    Scofflaw

It's a black hat
    bit like from this random pic:
    http://www.andrewhardin.com/images/AH_blackhat1.jpg
    that sounds like a good plan

bluewolf wrote:
    It's a black hat

Hmm. Black hat, eh? Well, that seems curiously appropriate. Good suggestion, but the hat will have to remain out for quite some time, I think.

It's definitely the best suggestion.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote:
    Hmm. Black hat, eh? Well, that seems curiously appropriate. Good suggestion, but the hat will have to remain out for quite some time, I think.

It's definitely the best suggestion.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Not like he'll be wearing it around indoors though ( I suppose), so I see no harm there!

bluewolf wrote:
    It's a black hat

Curiously accurate picture, bluewolf...

I also have a white one, and a brown, but I'll almost certainly be wearing the black one on the night.
    Scofflaw wrote:
    Good suggestion, but the hat will have to remain out for quite some time, I think.

Yeah, I'll just leave it in the centre of the table, and pray that no-one spills beer on it.

• Advertisement

Scofflaw wrote:
    How about a John 3:16 sign instead?!

Mad Hatter - if I attend I shall watch for The Hat!

Advertisement