Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&A social night

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Bah... I forgot all about the atheist table... it was too late when I remembered I guess.

I had a monkey t-shirt on by the way, so you should have been able to spot me.

But yes... a very noisy place indeed.

Yes, you introduced yourself to myself and bluewolf. By that stage, though, the atheist hat was being worn by Narco.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm a bit bitter about not making it...

But kudos to you heathens that did!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hope ye had fun. My gf made me sick. :(
    Luckily I now have the ability to make others sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I wouldnt mind organizing another night out (some place quiet preferably). im disappointed I couldnt make it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I think I will go, I'm sure you would be happy to meet up.

*Runs away*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Better crack out the fake I.D. :)

Better crack out the fake I.D. :)

Now...I wonder whether you're referring to I.D. or ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Darn, I could have gone, but I was still recovering from the night before,

How about a Religion & Spirituality Social night, now that would be interesting, and might get a few more numbers.

Darn, I could have gone, but I was still recovering from the night before,

How about a Religion & Spirituality Social night, now that would be interesting, and might get a few more numbers.

Actually I really want to meet J C in real life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Actually I really want to meet J C in real life.

Did you think first before writing that down?

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    Did you think first before writing that down?

Brain's not really capable of thinking today anyhow.

But no, really. As sort of a social experiment. I'm not quite sure how he'd be able to express himself without the full stop and exclamation mark keys, but I really would like to see someone convey all those smilies in quick succession.

Particularly the banging-head-off-wall one.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

...but I really would like to see someone convey all those smilies in quick succession...

:D

I'd like to attend if there is another social orgranised. Had work drinks on the night of the last one. "Make it so", Galvasean ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Dr Pepper wrote:
    I'd like to attend if there is another social orgranised. Had work drinks on the night of the last one.
    Three was talk of getting together during the European Skeptics Conference which is on in Dublin in around three and a half week's time, on the 7th, 8th and 9th of September

http://www.irishskeptics.net/?page_id=141
    http://www.irishskeptics.net/?page_id=152

There's reception planned for the Friday evening, and a dinner for the Saturday. Is this a good time to aim for?

(btw, Vic Stenger, the author of God, The Failed Hypothesis :) will be giving one of the talks and should be at the reception and dinner too.

Those dates don't suit me (away from 3rd to 13th Sep) but of course we aren't going to find a night to suit everyone.. I'll come along the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

robindch wrote:
    Three was talk of getting together during the European Skeptics Conference which is on in Dublin in around three and a half week's time, on the 7th, 8th and 9th of September

There's reception planned for the Friday evening, and a dinner for the Saturday. Is this a good time to aim for?

The Davenport, isn't it? Should be quiet, at the very least - and personally I hope to make the conference anyway.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Dr Pepper wrote:
    :D

I'd like to attend if there is another social orgranised. Had work drinks on the night of the last one. "Make it so", Galvasean ;)

Why the hell (or lack there of, nearly forgot we were in A&A now) do you think I would be the guy to organize it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭lookinforpicnic

I hope to make it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

robindch wrote:

(btw, Vic Stenger, the author of God, The Failed Hypothesis :) will be giving one of the talks and should be at the reception and dinner too.
    Might be an idea alright. Actually out of all the speakers for the skeptics gig, who would you recommend reading before the gig?
    I am not sure if I can read another atheist book, I have too many this year and they are beginning to bore me.

Galvasean wrote:
    I wouldnt mind organizing another night out (some place quiet preferably). im disappointed I couldnt make it :(
    Galvasean wrote:
    Why the hell (or lack there of, nearly forgot we were in A&A now) do you think I would be the guy to organize it?

;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Galvasean the Goldfish :D

• Advertisement

I meant as a collective group.
    Fine... more details to follow.

*never posts drunk again*

Advertisement