Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fixed Wireless Access Broadband product

Options
  • 28-06-2007 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I am crying out for broadband and live in a non DSL area and there isn't even a glimmer of hope that my exchange will be upgraded any time soon ! I work from home and currently use ISDN and constantly exceed my flat rate limit which is very expensive.

I was on to Eircom and they advise me that they have dropped the price recently for Eircom Fixed Wireless Broadband product and that it is available in my area subject to survey. They say install cost is €631 [Yikes !] and monthly cost is €24.99 for upload speed of 64k and download speed of 512k !!
    Now I have 64k two-way on ISDN, but the flat always on price really appeals to me.

Anyone any experience of Eircom's Fixed Wireless Access Broadband ? All feedback welcome as I need to avoid making an expensive mistake here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

This is honestly the first instance I have ever heard of Eircom bringing up the fact that they actually provide wireless. I myself tried to get onto this a few years ago. Rang up about it about 10 times talked to different people and not a single person knew what I was talking about, every single one of them tried to sell me satellite. They are squatting on the spectrum not wanting another provider to have it, even though they are not doing anything with it.

If I were you I would look into broadband from 3/vodafone/02. The install fee of Eircom would pay for the hardware and the monthly fee of 3 brodband for over a year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its normally on masts in rural areas only but they refuse to sell it. expect some excuse as to why you cannot have it after you order it . What number did you ring by the way ???

its cheaper than ISDN which is €38 a month and then €30 for flat rate internet ...€68 a month . If you drop the isdn line altogether the payback period for the install is about 18 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 johnd

Thanks guys for reply. In answer ....

1) I called the Eircom 1800 number on the page that has the details of Other options when your line fails the DSL broadband test ... it has FWA listed as an option below Satellite.

2) Payback would be quicker in my case Sponge Bob, I regularly exceed my monthly allowance with IOL [180 hours for 26.99] and often switch to two channels with Eircom's ISDN pay as you go dialup service [cos IOL don't allow 2 channels] just to keep up with my work stuff .. costs a bomb ... 5c per min each line in peak ours ... so 10.4 cents a minute for 128k ... does not be long adding up !!

I wouldn't say Eircom were actively pushing it, when I spoke to the rep she was pushing ISDN and their useless flat rate package ... when I explained 2 channels with their flat rate equates to 75 hours [3 hours a day only] she had no other option but to say we do have Satellite ... incredibly expensive [150 pm] and FWA.

I'm sure they'll have some excuse why I can't get it, but would really love to hear from someone actually using it ... to see if it worth taking the chance because I NEED IT SO BAD !!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Eircom have told Comreg for years that they have this nationwide.

But if there is any way you can even smell a phone line, it's impossible to actually buy this product from them. Chorus lost a wireless licence for less.

... forgot to add about the Vodafone / 3 option ... I am a 3 customer and would love to get their new 3 broadband offer ... but guess what ... I don't have coverage for either the 3 broadband service or the Vodafone bb service !! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement

Read this thread on how Comreg leaked the secret eircom fwa map. the FWA locations are in there if you read along a bit

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054855438

The Leaked Secret Map

EircomFWAMap.jpg

Oh and o2 will have 3g next week .

Wow ! Great post Sponge Bob ! Very useful info.

The sales people tell me I can get it (sic !), and the map indicates I might have some chance of getting it ... anyone any idea how big a radius from one of the Eircom FWA stations they can reach to ?

Still waiting to hear from anyone who has ever used the darn thing and is it any good ?

O2 3g - trying not to get too excited (lol !) as in the wilds of west cork, you can usually add about 3 years to the live date before we get coverage !!

7km off an omni , more off a sector aerial with narrower beam .

BTW If you are in the wilds of west cork there are about 3 wireless isps down there, permanet and digitalforge and at least one other , unlike our mostly incomplete and sometimes risible government bb site there is a maintained list on the SWRA website if you live in the south west . Have a look at the most recent one from Jan

Broadband Services in Cork City and County

Adrigole Digitalforge
    Aglish
    Aherla Eircom + and Provider list Airwave Internet, Cork Community BB
    Allehies Digitalforge
    Ardfield Rapid Broadband
    Ardgroom Digitalforge
    Airport City Wireless list
    Ardmore Ardmore Technologies
    Ballinaclasha ADSL planned 07 AHC networks
    Ballincollig Eircom + and Provider list Airwave Internet, Amocom, Cork Community BB,
    Ballineen ADSL planned 07 AHC Networks, Digitalforge, Rapid Broadband
    Ballingeary Eircom + and Provider list
    Ballinhassig Eircom + and Provider list Airwave,Amocom, Irish BB, Nova, Rapid BB,
    Ballinspittle Eircom + and Provider list AHC Networks, Rapid Broadband,
    Ballyclough ADSL planned 07 Amocom,
    Ballydehob Eircom + and Provider list Digitalforge, Permanet
    Ballydesmond
    Ballygarvan ADSL planned 07 Amocom Ballygarvan,Community, FastTrack
    Ballymacoda Ardmore Technologies
    Ballymakeera Eircom + and Provider list
    Ballywhooly
    Baltimore Digitalforge, Permanet, Rapid BB
    Ballycondon
    Bandon Eircom + and Provider list Rapid Broadband, AHC Networks, VOIP
    Banteer
    Bantry Eircom + and Provider list Digitalforge
    Barneys X
    Belgooly Fasttrack BB
    Berrings Eircom + and Provider list
    Blarney Eircom + and Provider list
    Boherbue Permanet
    Burnfort Amocom
    Buttevant Eircom + and Provider list
    Bweeing Amocom
    Caheragh Digitalforge, Rapid Broadband
    Cape Clear Cape Clear CommunityBB, Digitalforge
    Carrigaline Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Carraigdrohid Airwave Internet
    Carriginma
    Carrignavar Eircom + and Provider list
    Carrigtwohill Eircom + and Provider list Airwave Internet, East Cork BB, and City List
    Castlelyons Eircom + and Provider list
    Castlemartyr ADSL planned 07 Ardmore , Airwave Internet, East Cork BB
    Castletownbere Eircom + and Provider list Digitalforge
    Castletownshend Dgitalforge, Rapid Broadband ,
    Church Cross Digitalforge, Permanet, Rapid BB,
    Churchfield Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Churchtown Amocom
    Clonakilty Eircom + and Provider list AHC Networks, Rapid Broadband,
    Cloughduv Eircom + and Provider list Airwave Internet, Cork Community BB
    Clonbanin X Permanet
    Cloyne ADSL planned 07 Ardmore, Airwave Int, East Cork BB
    Coachford Eircom + and Provider list Airwave, Cork Community BB
    Cobh Eircom + and Provider list Ardmore, and City Wireless list
    Conna Ardmore Technologies
    Coolagown Ardmore Technologies
    Cork Airport Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Cork Central Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Crookstown Eircom + and Provider list Airwave Internet, Cork Community BB
    Crossbarry Eircom + and Provider list AHC Network, Rapid BB
    Crosshaven Eircom + and Provider list Amocom, AHC Network
    Cullen Permanet
    Curaheen Rd City Wireless list
    Dennehy's Cross Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Donaghmore Amocom, Cork Community BB,
    Doneraile ADSL planned 07
    Douglas Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Drimoleague Eircom + and Provider list AHC Networks, Digitalforg, Rapid BB,
    Drinagh Digitalforge, Rapid Broadband
    Dripsey Airwave Internet , Cork Community BB,
    Dungourney
    Dunmanway Eircom + and Provider list AHC.Networks, Rapid BB
    Durrus Eircom + and Provider list Digitalforge, Permanet,
    Eyeries Digitalforge
    Farmers X City Wireless list
    Fermoy Eircom + and Provider list
    Freemount Amocom
    Glanmire Eircom + and Provider list Irish Broadband, Amocom
    Glanworth
    Glenbrook Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Glengarriffe Digitalforge
    Glenville
    Goleen Digitalforge, Permanet,
    Grenagh Eircom + and Provider list Amocom, Cork Community BB
    Hettyfield Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Inchigeelagh Digitalforge
    Inchadoney
    Innishannon Eircom + and Provider list AHC Networks, Rapid Broadband,
    Kanturk Eircom + and Provider list Amocom
    Kealkil Digitalforge (part)
    Kilbritian Eircom + and Provider list AHC Networks,Rapid Br,
    Kilcrohane Digitalforge, Permanet,
    Kildorrey ADSL planned 07
    Killanamartra
    Killardrish Airwave Internet
    Killavullen Eircom + and Provider list
    Killeagh Eircom + and Provider list Ardmore , Airwave Internet, East Cork BB.
    Kilworth ADSL planned 07
    Kinsale Eircom + and Provider list AHC Networks, Rapid Broadband,
    Knockrea Airwave Internet
    Leap ADSL planned 07 Rapid Broadband
    Liscarroll Amocom
    Lislevane Rapid Broadband
    Little Island Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Lombarstown ADSL planned 07 Amocom
    Lyre
    Macroom Eircom + and Provider list
    Mahon Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Mallow Eircom + and Provider list Amocom
    Meelin
    Midleton Eircom + and Provider list Ardmore, Airwave , East Cork BB.
    Milford BB-Net
    Millstreet Eircom + and Provider list Permanet
    Minane Bridge AHC Networks
    Mitchelstown Eircom + and Provider list
    Modle Farm Rd City Wireless list
    Newcestown AHC network,Rapid BB
    Newmarket Eircom + and Provider list Amocom
    Newtown Shandrum BB-Net
    Pedlars Cross Eircom + and Provider list AHC Network, Rapid Broadband
    Quaker Road Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Rafeen Amocom, Nova
    Rathcormac
    Rerrin Digitalforge.
    Ringaskiddy Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Riverstick Eircom + and Provider list Amocom, AHC Network , Fasttrack BB
    Rockchapel
    Rosscarbery Eircom + and Provider list Rapid Broadband
    Rossmore AHC Networks, Rapid Broadband,
    Rushbrook City Wireless list
    Rylane Cork Commnity BB
    Schull Digitalforge, Permanet
    Skibereen Eircom + and Provider list Rapid broadband , Digitalforge
    Tarelton Rapid Broadband (part),
    Templemartin AHC Network (part), Rapid Broadband (part)
    Timoleague ADSL planned 07 Rapid Broadband
    Togher City Wireless list
    Watergrasshill Eircom + and Provider list Amocom, Airwave, Cork Community
    Wellington Road Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Whitegate ADSL planned 07 Ardmore Technologies,,Amocom
    Youghal Eircom + and Provider list Ardmore Technologies
    Crosbarry Rapid Broadband, AHC Networks
    Rafeen City Wireles
    Sallybrook Irish Broadband, Amocom
    Waterfall Airwave Internet, Cork Community BB.
    Watergrasshill Eircom + and Provider list Amocom, ,Airwave, Cork Community,
    Wellington Road Eircom + and Provider list City Wireless list
    Youghal Eircom + and Provider list Ardmore Technologies

Sponge Bob - pardon the delay in responding, I just noticed your reply now.

Wow - thank you for going to the trouble of posting the SWRA list. I watch this list constantly and the only wireless provider in my area cannot provide me with service as I do not have Line of Sight to their mast !!

Again though, thanks for the very helpful reply and great info.

The O2 mobile broadband people claim they have EDGE in my area ... so I am hoping that there might be a very slight glimmer of hope !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Eircom's FWA product is quite good. The initial expense is a bit much, but I used to support it for them. Very rarely got any calls. Don't go near a satellite product though.

The speed could be better, but then again, I have a "2meg" Clearwire connection that rarely exceeds 512k.

• Advertisement

Chopper thanks for reply. At last someone who has some experience of the product and feedback on actually using the thing !!

Would love to hear your comments about the upload and download speeds achievable with Eircom's FWA and what factors affect those speeds ? Also do you know if I order it and the site survey shows it is unavailable or less fast than my current 64K ISDN I assume I can cancel my order and get a refund ?

johnd wrote:
    The O2 mobile broadband people claim they have EDGE in my area ... so I am hoping that there might be a very slight glimmer of hope !!

Fascinating. I did not know that O2 were offering EDGE (2g spectrum). Now if their HSDPA ( fast 3g) 'fell back' to EDGE which is fast 2g we may have an interesting proposition .

Have you a link or anything in writing ????

I know the Huawei E220 modem the 3g operators all use will support EDGE at up to 230k .... its just that Voda and 3 do not .... So does the E800 data card which is not deployed here ....yet .

http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/products/view.do?id=282

But maybe O2 will ?????

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Fascinating. I did not know that O2 were offering EDGE (2g spectrum). Now if their HSDPA ( fast 3g) 'fell back' to EDGE which is fast 2g we may have an interesting proposition .

Have you a link or anything in writing ????

I know the Huawei E220 modem the 3g operators all use will support EDGE at up to 230k .... its just that Voda and 3 do not .... So does the E800 data card which is not deployed here ....yet .

http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/products/view.do?id=282

But maybe O2 will ?????

Sponge Bob - Nothing in writing, I was speaking with a lady called Ciara on the O2 Broadband line, I gave her the name of my nearest village [1.2 km from me] and she said that there was not 3G broadband coverage but there was EDGE and that the same modem would work on EDGE. Also it would ramp up to full 3G automatically as I moved around the country. Of course, though I am always hopefuly ... the promises of broadband sales people are to be taken with very large pinches of SALT !!!

Also, you can't order O2 Broadband online ... it must be done in an official O2 store [not an agent !] .. which means I have to travel an hour or more to Cork City to buy the darn thing ! Also it is slightly concerning that O2 do not have 14 day trial period [as 3 does] ... but more a verbal "we'll give you your money back if it doesn't work" ... pull the other one ... it has bells on !!

I would get confirmation from O2 in WRITING that there was a live EDGE capability in your usual cell in West Cork before I would commit to anything.

I would furthermore get confirmation in writing that their HSDPA package would fall back to EDGE and not GPRS if you had it , the HDSPA card can do it

a) if allowed
    b) if available instead of 3g

a and b are mutually exclusive .

Then it would be nearly as good as Eircom FWA speed wise with no crippling install charge and with the further advantage that

a) its portable (if you normally use a laptop :p)
    b) the cap is higher

And yes, sales people talk crap all the time and AFAIK there is no 14 day trial offer with O2 3g , unlike the other pair of 3g operators. Then again the other 2 do not offer EDGE either.

Edge is nearly as fast as 3G, but works on GSM masts, so to be welcomed. Also the indoor coverage is better 900Mhz rather than 2100MHz. (Metor GSM is the less good 1800MHz)

johnd wrote:
    Chopper thanks for reply. At last someone who has some experience of the product and feedback on actually using the thing !!

Would love to hear your comments about the upload and download speeds achievable with Eircom's FWA and what factors affect those speeds ? Also do you know if I order it and the site survey shows it is unavailable or less fast than my current 64K ISDN I assume I can cancel my order and get a refund ?

They will not sell it to you if the site survey is not good. It does work well. Ping times are obviously not great, unless you're very close to a mast.

The equipment is quite good. Used to be a bit bulky, they may have since streamlined it, but I don't work there any more and couldn't tell you.

If the site survey is good, I'd go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

They will not sell it to you if the site survey is not good. It does work well. Ping times are obviously not great, unless you're very close to a mast.

The equipment is quite good. Used to be a bit bulky, they may have since streamlined it, but I don't work there any more and couldn't tell you.

If the site survey is good, I'd go for it.

I tried to order this a few weeks back and was put on hold 3 times and each time the phone went dead after 10mins? The fourth call was answered and after 5mins or so explaning what i was on about was eventually told i had to have my line rental with eircom before they would even tell me if i would get a signal or not.

I assume that has something to do with the fact that all their billing info is tied to a landline number?

Take it you didn't get it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Eircom rang my Brother-In-law a few weeks ago offering FWA. He jumped at the chance as he runs a business from home and only can only connect over dialup. The installer put in the system and was surprised that he hadn’t received a package with his username & password details so gave him a temporary account with 30 hours connection. After a few days nothing had arrived from Eircom so he rang. After numerous calls on the phone they told him they have no record of his install and keep pushing him from Dept to Dept. They even told him that the Equipment he has installed could not be supplied by Eircom as they don’t sell that type of equipment. At this stage he had used up the 30 Hours. He is driven mad and ready to explode but eventually gets some guy who says he has his details on the system and gives him a reference no then tells him to send an email and ring the next day. He sends the email and then rang only to be told by the person that the reference number does not exist and they cannot help him. Only today after a week of chasing Eircom have they agreed to send somebody out to investigate and he reckons he has spent over 6 hours on the phone.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I would get confirmation from O2 in WRITING that there was a live EDGE capability in your usual cell in West Cork before I would commit to anything.

I would furthermore get confirmation in writing that their HSDPA package would fall back to EDGE and not GPRS if you had it , the HDSPA card can do it

a) if allowed
    b) if available instead of 3g

a and b are mutually exclusive .

Then it would be nearly as good as Eircom FWA speed wise with no crippling install charge and with the further advantage that

a) its portable (if you normally use a laptop :p)
    b) the cap is higher

And yes, sales people talk crap all the time and AFAIK there is no 14 day trial offer with O2 3g , unlike the other pair of 3g operators. Then again the other 2 do not offer EDGE either.

Thanks for great advice Sponge Bob. I will call O2 again and see if they can send me an EDGE coverage map for my area to see if I am within their range and also ask them the excellent questions you raised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

I assume that has something to do with the fact that all their billing info is tied to a landline number?

Take it you didn't get it so?

I did and my hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AndyJ

Hi,

I was reading these posts with interest as I'm out in West Cork and hidden from anything even resembling a wireless mast. So I was wondering if you (Johnd) signed up for the eircom fwa or a mobile service? Eircom won't talk to me since I switched to perlico although my dad knows the engineer based in Durrus so I might have a chat with him about fwa anyway.

Also as for 3g/edge I thought I'd get a head start by trying my UK company laptop with a 3G vodafone (UK) card but despite being able to see a mobile mast (I dunno what spec it is) I only get GPRS coverage.

I am currently using ISDN through perlico and it's not terrible - well it's better than dial up - but I'm dying to get a broadband connection of some kind instead.

Only really good thing about Perlico is that they have a fixed call charge for dial up internet which they have given me for the ISDN line and they don't bill extra if I use both lines (128kps) as they seem to view it as part of my prepaid voice calls package. The downside is my missus goes mad if I tie up both lines for any amount of time.

Anyway enough waffling any further updates on your efforts or anyone elses would be interesting.

Andy

Eircom tend to pretend the FWa doesn't exist. It varies from ISDN speed (very old Wireless loop gear) to ADSL speed (Newer fixed Wimax like or actual Wimax, but typically only in 5 cities).

Have fun :)

AndyJ wrote:
    Hi,

I was reading these posts with interest as I'm out in West Cork and hidden from anything even resembling a wireless mast. So I was wondering if you (Johnd) signed up for the eircom fwa or a mobile service? Eircom won't talk to me since I switched to perlico although my dad knows the engineer based in Durrus so I might have a chat with him about fwa anyway.

Also as for 3g/edge I thought I'd get a head start by trying my UK company laptop with a 3G vodafone (UK) card but despite being able to see a mobile mast (I dunno what spec it is) I only get GPRS coverage.

I am currently using ISDN through perlico and it's not terrible - well it's better than dial up - but I'm dying to get a broadband connection of some kind instead.

Only really good thing about Perlico is that they have a fixed call charge for dial up internet which they have given me for the ISDN line and they don't bill extra if I use both lines (128kps) as they seem to view it as part of my prepaid voice calls package. The downside is my missus goes mad if I tie up both lines for any amount of time.

Anyway enough waffling any further updates on your efforts or anyone elses would be interesting.

Andy

Hi Andy,

As other posters have said Eircom FWA seems to be an illusion, even though I was told by Eircom I could access it from my premises, finding someone who knows about it in Eircom is a complete nightmare !! You are pushed from pillar to post and back again. Also the setup costs are prohibitive, but it would have been worth it if I could have gotten it !

Happily for me in the meantime O2 have upgraded my local mast to full 3g broadband and after a week of a flaky service it has settled down and works beautifully, so I am a happy camper finally !! Feel free to PM me for location details etc;

Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

revival of an old topic here but i live (NEW HOUSE) in an isolated area with no broadband coverage of any shape or form. I ordered phone and broadband from eircom and after weeks of head scratchin they said they wouldn't put in a landline but sent out a wireless unit for my landline and told me i can't have broadband.

is the a big fat lie seeing is i'm getting wireless phone should they be able to provide me with FWA broadband too?

Tried a buddies O2 mobile BB and its only edge coverage and was absolutely dreadful and not worth buying.

Anyone anymore info on how to get eircom to talk about it?

Sounds like Rurtel. Some of those only do 19kbps on dialup. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cowboy1981

Skillie wrote: »
    revival of an old topic here but i live (NEW HOUSE) in an isolated area with no broadband coverage of any shape or form. I ordered phone and broadband from eircom and after weeks of head scratchin they said they wouldn't put in a landline but sent out a wireless unit for my landline and told me i can't have broadband.
    eircom are only obliged to provide a phone service - not Broadband. They were completely within their rights to offer you a wireless service without Broadband. You are probably so far from the exchange, that even if they provided a copper line, it would not work for Broadband. The Govt did not award the contract to eircom for National Broadband Scheme (NBS) covering remote areas - they awarded it to 3. It is understandable that eircom will now focus on Broadband in towns and villages where it is economic. If 3 get planning permission for a mast in your area, build the network, and if your house is within line-of-sight with a window facing the 3 mast and without energy efficient double glazing, you might get a mobile midband service at quasi-dialup speeds in a few years. Alternatively, you will end up on satellite with higher speeds, but also horrible contention levels and latency.

There is no easy answer for your problem. Your best option currently is probably to take satellite....or you could try suing your architect/surveyor for designing a house in this area without warning you that services such as Broadband might be difficult to get. I'm sorry to say it in these troubled times, but the failure of your architect to warn you about this probably seriously impacts on the value of your property.

Do you have mains water and mains sewerage?

Or a Well and Septic Tank.

In othercountries they have schemes to retro-fit fibre via water mains and sewers. I can see a snag with that idea in Ireland.

I have to admire the ESB though.

cowboy1981 wrote: »
    if your house is within line-of-sight with a window facing the 3 mast and without energy efficient double glazing, you might get a mobile midband service at quasi-dialup speeds in a few years..

won't happen any mast that goes up will not be LOS to my house
    cowboy1981 wrote: »
    you could try suing your architect/surveyor for designing a house in this area without warning you that services such as Broadband might be difficult to get. I'm sorry to say it in these troubled times, but the failure of your architect to warn you about this probably seriously impacts on the value of your property.

sue my architect?? are you joking? i bought the site and built on it the geographical location of the house and whether or not broadband is freely available on it is no concern to an architect or builder. this wasn't a housing estate development. If i had no BB no phone and no mobile coverage there i'd still have built there. I knew in advance it would be a struggle and if i have to do without i will. In these times the house is worth a lot less than it was BB wouldn't sell it any easier and i couldn't give a monkies what its worth i didn't build it to sell it i built it to live in it.

• Advertisement

watty wrote: »
    Do you have mains water and mains sewerage?

Or a Well and Septic Tank.

In othercountries they have schemes to retro-fit fibre via water mains and sewers. I can see a snag with that idea in Ireland.

I have to admire the ESB though.

no mains have a well and bio unit. ya hats off to esb they dropped in half a mile of poles for what really wasn't a lot of money. Its funny cos the house isn't really that far away from life, theres 2 decent sized towns within 2 to 3 miles each way but its just the road i'm on has had no development and forestry makes it a nightmare to get line of sight to the nearest masts

Advertisement