Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NYC Marathon

• 28-06-2007 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am looking to run the NYC marathon. Anyone know of any Irish charities with places in it that I can run for. I have accomadation and flights organised myself. There are alot of Brittish charaties I can run for, but converting sterling to dollar stings, its nearly 2:1, so I cant raise that sort of money.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 numpty999

this isnt a charity tip just a general tip. A friend of mine ran it 4 years ago and he said that when running over the brooklyn bridge ( i think thats the one) the runners on the top level stop for a pee over the edge, those running on the lower level then had to run through a shower of the stuff as the wind just blew it all over them.
    According to him its a fantastic race with a great atmosphere. Good luck and have fun.

mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

numpty999 wrote:
    this isnt a charity tip just a general tip. A friend of mine ran it 4 years ago and he said that when running over the brooklyn bridge ( i think thats the one) the runners on the top level stop for a pee over the edge, those running on the lower level then had to run through a shower of the stuff as the wind just blew it all over them.
    According to him its a fantastic race with a great atmosphere. Good luck and have fun.

Verzanno Narrows Bridge - you don't get much choice as to whether you run over or under.

Eamonn Coughlan has a charity in it I think as do Co-Operation Ireland. Both would guarantee you race entry but you'd still need to raise 2,000 +. It easily achieved. I did it in 2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Thanks guys. Eammon I found a few charities in England that require 2K+. Is it really easily done, I thought it would be tough to raise over 2K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'll just move this over to the Athletics forum now.

Advertisement