Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL bb help

Options
  • 28-06-2007 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

hello all my boss has ntl bband and the was we had it set up was the ntl modem we had a patch lead going to a switch to feed 3 more pc's but today ntl was out in the office to do a phone change over they put a new modem in with 2 rj11 ports and 1 rj45 the rj11 ports are to feed the phone and bb from the 45.
    the thing is that when we put the patch lead back to the switch the main pc works but the rest don't get any internet it was working fine up to today i am at a dead end.
    thanks for any or all help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Are you still in trouble with this....
    Assuming that the new router is connected into the existing switch, I would assume that the one that is working either has a static IP address (and other settings) or else has hardcoded DNS servers settings, one of which is causing it to work and the others not to. go to one of the PCs that is not working.. open up a command prompt and type IPCONFIG /ALL. Then go to the PC that is working run the same command and post both of the settings here, obviously labelling which one is the working one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need a router between the modem and the switch.

Advertisement