Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

joypads

• 28-06-2007 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

lookin to get a joypad for my macbook, im running windows on it
    im buying the joypad specifically to play GTA.
    i'd love a joypad just like the PS2 joypad, any ideas where id get one just like it?
    u canuse a joypad for gta rite?
    thanks
    ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mmm, yeah you can use a joypad, but I don't know if the auto-aim stuff works on the PC like it does with the consoles.
    Personally I'd take keyboard + mouse over a joypad... mouse-aiming rocks and driving with the keys isn't hard at all once you get used to it.

For joypads, I like using official console pads... I've got a PS2 pad connected through a USB converter and I did a frankenstien job on the cable of one of my xbox controllers.
    You're probably better off getting a decent PC gaming pad though, I find additional features like force-feedback are unusably buggy with these USB modded controllers... but they're damn fine controllers if rumble stuff doesn't bother you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I have no problem with the PS2 converter, and actually I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

neer heard of these ps2 converters, where could i get one?

Jakkass wrote:
    I have no problem with the PS2 converter, and actually I'd recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

neer heard of these ps2 converters, where could i get one?
    Yarr, now that be a good question... I got mine in Peats a few years ago... I'd say you could probably get a better one than that, I'm not sure since I stopped looking after I got mine.
    Haven't seen a lot of them around now that you mention it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

play.com is your best bet, or ebay.ie :)

You should be able to get one in Boston! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement