Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best punk band ever !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I notice that you have omitted to mention, in your discussion, one of the best punk bands (imo) and certainly the best punk band to come out of this country (again imo) Stiff Little Fingers

I already mentioned SLF & I think someone mentioned them before me...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 maninamousesuit

My vote would be the "Stiff little fingers" Maybe not the best but boy they were my favorites. Alternative Ulster really rocked my socks . Ah God be with the days!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Serbian_Wookie

my favorites are The clash and Sex pistols from Uk and form Serbia
    Pekinska patka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0P6rlarals
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91nfRdFZLeY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

The Ramones
    The Clash
    The Damned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rotti Express

The Clash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

The Ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

This is my first time posting here in the punk thread but I definately think Bad Religion are the greatest punk band ever, they've got it all. Maybe this should be a poll??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Maybe you should start listening to punk?

Gee ya know maybe I should I just thought I'd come here and post cause I've never ever listened the genre before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭rowlandbrowner

As far as attitude goes, The Saints had the right idea, they where shipped to England in hope of being marketed as “punks”, but they refused to rip their jeans, and wore plain shirts.
    Swell Maps probably embodied the idea of independence more than anyone (bar perhaps The Fall). The Sonics arguably started the whole thing, not to discount the importance of MC5 who arrived later.

Australia had the best punk bands, anyone who disagrees should buy this
    http://www.amazon.com/Do-Pop-Australian-Garage-Rock-1976-87/dp/B0000668KM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1204039407&sr=8-2

Out of the big British bands, The Damned had the best songs and although they didn’t take the whole thing as serious as the rest ended up having the most longevity. I seen The Damned play 2 months ago for 20 quid, and they are the real deal, not Lydon for triple that amount, a man who dismissed the Pistols and the idea of conventional music for the first 4 pil albums, now look at him, a bloody parody of himself as a young man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

dregin wrote: »
    Maybe you should start listening to punk?

Don't be knockin' Bad Religion....they've been on a comeback for me lately.
    And stop trying to scare away people.

:>

Bad Religion are a great band. New Maps of Hell was one of last years best albums and there's a great chance they may play over here during the summer.

I was in town earlier and I picked up Stiff Little Fingers - Now The. A great album which should be in any punk fans collection.

Don't be knockin' Bad Religion....they've been on a comeback for me lately.
    And stop trying to scare away people.

:>

I really really <3Blink 182
    and Travis Barker hehe lol....
    x

Always%20blink%20182.jpg

GO IN **** YOURSELF YA LITTLE ****E.

I don't care what slf album ya bouht, the clash can FÚCK OFF AND DIE

Okay... I think someone needs to go listen to the sounds of the sea, as all this punk is making you somewhat anti social. You sound like one of those 40 year old leather jacket toting, ripped jeans wearing wanna be punk **** found in every pub across the land.

Okay... I think someone needs to go listen to the sounds of the sea, as all this punk is making you somewhat anti social. You sound like one of those 40 year old leather jacket toting, ripped jeans wearing wanna be punk **** found in every pub across the land.

lol. Poor Anarcho. I would have replied witht the exact same post if he'd mentioned ANY band, tbh :p I just love abusing him and his kerry sheep fetish.......... /me gets THAT pic out ;)

lol. Poor Anarcho. I would have replied witht the exact same post if he'd mentioned ANY band, tbh :p I just love abusing him and his kerry sheep fetish.......... /me gets THAT pic out ;)

Ah, all in jest then. Thanks for that mental image, really looking forward to bashing my head against concrete to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Now Then is excellent. Good choice.

Must listen to that again actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

by style i mean in touch with the next generation along with its own, so when i say there out of style i mean, there not in touch with the generation of punks that exists in this new day and age

So the clash should have been thinking about getting in touch with punks in 2008, they are much more relevant and in touch than a lot of the garbage floating around at the moment

Bad Religion are a great band. New Maps of Hell was one of last years best albums and there's a great chance they may play over here during the summer..

Speculation or is there a chance? I saw 3 or 4 years ago and it was brilliant I met Greg Hetson afterwards too, he was a really nice guy.

• Advertisement

Louise~ wrote: »
    Speculation or is there a chance? I saw 3 or 4 years ago and it was brilliant I met Greg Hetson afterwards too, he was a really nice guy.

They're playing a number of European festivals and said that they would play Ireland again so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Danny_Mc

Always Liked The Ruts ...punk N Reggae Mix ****ing Brill

Speaking of which.......

Symarip_Poster_Sml.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Crass?... Exploited?.....Fugazi?....Stiff little fingers?..Dayglo abortions?

thats my tuppence worth anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Danny_Mc wrote: »
    Symarip_Poster_Sml.jpg

:eek:

That looks amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Madou

eh nobody for The Ramones so??! Rocket to Russia?? No......nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

slf by a mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

Exploited,G.B.H,Chaotic discord.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rrcpromotions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

SLF, Minor Threat, The Clash, Bad Religion, NoFX

would be my top 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

The Clash are the best, but Anarchy in the U.K is the best punk song.

Advertisement