Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best punk band ever !

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I just want to point out that Dregin is referring to Anarcho Munk, who used to mod this forum. I am not from, nor have I ever lived in Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

didn't get into Phantom's top 50 Irish so it must be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Suas11 wrote: »
    Lol, I live in Wexford

There's a ton of gigs in New Ross! Oi Polloi only played there the other week!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

New Ross hosted a fairly big punk festival last year.... or the year before. Didn't realise Anarcho wasn't mod anymore. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

You didn't bite as hard as I thought you would! :D
    Although in all seriousness, I do think their first two albums with Al Barr were better than Do Or Die, and I say that as a huge Mike McColgan fan. But that's for a different thread.

I think they got ****e after Al Barr got onboard. Grates my tits.

By the way, anyone at their first Irish gig in Slattery's? '98 or '99? That was a ****in quality gig. US Bombs, Bombshell Rocks and Runnin Riot too. Still have it on video somewhere.

As for the best punk band ever..., this week it's Snuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Punk was from 1976 to 1980 anything after that is irrelevant its purpose was to kill prog rock and all the other turgid **** around in the mid 70 s

Punk was from 1976 to 1980 anything after that is irrelevant its purpose was to kill prog rock and all the other turgid **** around in the mid 70 s

**** off.

macco66 wrote: »
    I think they got ****e after Al Barr got onboard. Grates my tits.

By the way, anyone at their first Irish gig in Slattery's? '98 or '99? That was a ****in quality gig. US Bombs, Bombshell Rocks and Runnin Riot too. Still have it on video somewhere.

As for the best punk band ever..., this week it's Snuff.

Get that **** onto youtube! If you can't, I'll gladly do it for ya. Got any of runnin riot's set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the Clash

dregin wrote: »
    Get that **** onto youtube! If you can't, I'll gladly do it for ya. Got any of runnin riot's set?

Pretty sure most the gig is on it. I'd imagine R.R. is on it too. Bought it off that lad from Rosscomon who used to record gigs. I know where the tape is. Lent it to a mate probably 10 years ago and he deffo still has it.

• Advertisement

Would love to get my hands on it, if you could get a copy or something.

Would love to get my hands on it, if you could get a copy or something.

Nah, I'll just ask him for the tape back. Would've ages ago except I borrowed all Rocket From The Crypt's back catalogue off him, but me nephew shredded all the inlays so feel like a cúnt asking him for it.

Nah, I'll just ask him for the tape back. Would've ages ago except I borrowed all Rocket From The Crypt's back catalogue off him, but me nephew shredded all the inlays so feel like a cúnt asking him for it.

No craic!

Ya see this was posted a couple of weeks back?

No craic!

Ya see this was posted a couple of weeks back?

Holy fúckin sh!t! Gonna hook that up to the telly and buzz off that later. Was at that gig. Can't remember who was suppoting but was chattin to speedo during them and then chattin to Petey X after. Sound lads. RTFC, RIP! Proper Rock n roll.

They played somewhere else in Dublin round the same year as well, no?

Great band, cheers for the youtube link.

EDIT; Oh, it was Pet Lamb supporting them.

I've no idea where/when they played at all. Thread about it is here:

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?87000-rocket-from-the-crypt-dublin-98

Speakin of rock n' roll.... that band The Strypes are pretty decent! Kids from Cavan. The brother's mate did this video for em:

I've no idea where/when they played at all. Thread about it is here:

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?87000-rocket-from-the-crypt-dublin-98

Speakin of rock n' roll.... that band The Strypes are pretty decent! Kids from Cavan. The brother's mate did this video for em:

Yeah, only young lads as well. Me mates are tryin to book them for a scooter rally in Aug. Seen em in The Sweeney. Good band.

Not punk rock though... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

....someone covers your song.....fckin excellent....:D
    .."i got the light i got the light i got the ticket and the buck stops here"........:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wvsgr3CeBY&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Not sure if they have being mentioned without regarding the thread but
    Compulsion where an awesome punk band back in early/Mid nineties
    Also Leatherface where brilliant from the same time period.
    Overall of the more 'mainstream' punk bands Bad Religion would take the crown based on longeivity and having a decent discography to discover.
    I dont rate tracks like American Jesus as the OP used to check them out..Infected,Sorrow and Aneasthia are much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Holy fúckin sh!t! Gonna hook that up to the telly and buzz off that later. Was at that gig. Can't remember who was suppoting but was chattin to speedo during them and then chattin to Petey X after. Sound lads. RTFC, RIP! Proper Rock n roll.

They played somewhere else in Dublin round the same year as well, no?

Great band, cheers for the youtube link.

EDIT; Oh, it was Pet Lamb supporting them.

not pet lamb. you am i and bis were the supports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

didn't get into Phantom's top 50 Irish so it must be good.
    R.I.P. Philip Chevron 8/10/2013.

• Advertisement
Advertisement