Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Rented Apartment

Options
  • 28-06-2007 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Guys, moving into an apartment in 2 weeks,

The place has an Eircom line and its only 1 year old so I am assuming it will be fine for Eircom BB,

However, the owner has never signed up for a phone line,

So basically what I want to know is.....

Could I contact Eircom NOW and get their lazy asses working on getting BB in so that when i move in it will already be activated?

I dont want to move in and have to wait ages to get BB,

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They'll activate your phone line within 24 hours, WellyJ.

Had the same conundrum in my current place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Activating the phone line is one thing,

But getting BB is a whole other thing right?

I mean when i first got Eircom BB here in this house i had to wait like 3 weeks for a modem,

Then another week after for my password/username

Really cant go without internet for that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

WellyJ wrote:
    Activating the phone line is one thing,

But getting BB is a whole other thing right?

I mean when i first got Eircom BB here in this house i had to wait like 3 weeks for a modem,

Then another week after for my password/username

It was 4 weeks for me also last year. Reckon thats about the average.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd get moving on it now if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

If the owner has never signed up for a phone line, the physical line may be there but it may not have an associated number. If thats the case it will be treated as a new line with the relevant charges and time associated with getting it activated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

WellyJ wrote:
    You're probably going to have to. Get on to them straight away though about connecting the line, once that's done you'll need to wait for your customer account number, though with persistence and annoyance you might be able to get them to send this to you. Then you'll have to wait up to a month for them to test the line and for it to show as passing, that's if it does actually pass. Then you can order broadband, and again wait up to two or three weeks for it to be activated.

Keep at them though and they might just do some of those things faster. Say you want eircom broadband (whether it's true or not) and they might do a line check for you without making you wait the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ring them now. If then line has been precabled it will be €49.99 for connection, €121.93 if not.

If it's precabled theres a chance you can order the bb while ordering the line. If not you'll have to wait until the line is active to get broadband. The line will be active in 24hours and the bb in 14 days.

orla wrote:
    Ring them now. If then line has been precabled it will be €49.99 for connection, €121.93 if not.

If it's precabled theres a chance you can order the bb while ordering the line. If not you'll have to wait until the line is active to get broadband. The line will be active in 24hours and the bb in 14 days.

There is a little Eircom box for a telephone line in the apartment,

So does that mean its precabled?

I ordered a phone line online today with them and BB at the same time,

Suppose I will have to wait and see what happens, apparently they will contact me within 2 days

Oh and connection was free,

Some offer at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Where you giving an order number?

• Advertisement

Nope, and never got any email to confirm or anything :/

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

dont be surprised if the order for broadband mysteriously goes missing. Once your line is active and you receive your account details, ring them with your info and make sure they have an outstanding BB order on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Digiweb DSL was pretty quick for me, 5 or 6 days to receive the modem and get it up and running.

Advertisement