Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Ali08 wrote: »
    Hi! Got my letter of failure sayin i got 21 in my ist a few weeks ago, thought there was somethin up with such a low score! Phoned Consensia up n asked about it and was told that its checked twice etc and that i pretty much couldn't have been given the wrong score. I still wasn't happy so then i wrote a letter asking for a recount.... Just got a phonecall today telling me it was a mistake on their part and I had actually passed in the first place!!!!!

I'm glad I didnt just sit back and wait for them to lower it to 21:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!! just kiddin just kiddin!!! stil glad i checked though! and as always well done to all the psni hopefulls.

Just remember you may have identified yourself to them by posting this rather unique piece of information. They do read this board you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

The important thing anyway is that theres a good result from it all! Just lucky it was picked up on and thats the reality. Now i wonder if you were in the 52+ band on he 50 - 52 band...hmmm! jokin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

psni wrote: »
    Just remember you may have identified yourself to them by posting this rather unique piece of information. They do read this board you know!

I haven't said anything that wasn't true, it'd be prejudiced of them if they held this against me. Who is to say this is an unique case anyway? Cneers for the heads up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 stote21

Ali08 wrote: »
    Hi! Got my letter of failure sayin i got 21 in my ist a few weeks ago, thought there was somethin up with such a low score! Phoned Consensia up n asked about it and was told that its checked twice etc and that i pretty much couldn't have been given the wrong score. I still wasn't happy so then i wrote a letter asking for a recount.... Just got a phonecall today telling me it was a mistake on their part and I had actually passed in the first place!!!!!

I'm glad I didnt just sit back and wait for them to lower it to 21:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!! just kiddin just kiddin!!! stil glad i checked though! and as always well done to all the psni hopefulls.

Glad to hear that you passed, but just shows more incompetence. I wonder what qualifications are needed to work for consensia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I would imagine the tests are marked electronically? Could easily be a fault with the computer being used, still it looks bad on them making mistakes like this, especially when the outcome may be so important to the person doing the test.

• Advertisement

I would imagine the tests are marked electronically? Could easily be a fault with the computer being used, still it looks bad on them making mistakes like this, especially when the outcome may be so important to the person doing the test.

I thought it might be electronic as they are so keen to press home that you must fill in 'the whole circle'. How could it be so wrong though? Its not as though it was one or two marks, was over 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Well people,

Started my long journey to getting fit!
    Went to a personal fitness trainer yesterday and got the butt worked off me. Can hardly stand today and he only made me run 3 miles and do some resistance training.
    Definitely glad I have started as I have now realised that I am not as young as I used to be.
    (3 miles in 21 mins) people is this good or bad? ..........well 21mins 15 seconds to be precise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

papayankeegirl is doing her ac on monday (i think) i just wanted to wish her good luck and am keeping my fingers crossed for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

I'm pleased to hear you have fought for your result and had faith that you were better than 21. I have openly defended Consensia on this forum previously, but this is an awful mistake. I hope they learn from it (and that you are the only one they have made a mistake with!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Well people,

Started my long journey to getting fit!
    Went to a personal fitness trainer yesterday and got the butt worked off me. Can hardly stand today and he only made me run 3 miles and do some resistance training.
    Definitely glad I have started as I have now realised that I am not as young as I used to be.
    (3 miles in 21 mins) people is this good or bad? ..........well 21mins 15 seconds to be precise
    Alan, 3 miles in 21 minutes is a good time. The army have to run a basic fitness test (1 1/2 miles) in 12 minutes. So you are 1 minute a mile faster and over a longer distance. For a starting point you should be well happy. Keep it up mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

hey rung earlier and got my merit score for c13 which is 834, was wondering does anyone know if i have a realistic chance of getting in?(im of a RC background) or is somone of a similar score? bit dissapointed to be so far down as i was told the intake was only 240!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Just wondering, for those that have a/c's earlier, like on Monday for example, do they still find out if they have been succesful and are in a pool within 30 days? Or how do they measure who can go into the pool if there are still lots of a/c's to go?! Hope this makes sense!
    And also! If you pass your a/c, do you get the medical and vetting forms out in the same envelope? If i get a fat envelope should I be excited?!
    Lots of questions! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

given, im prob in the same boat as yourself. just happy to still be here but not hugely confident to be honest. also you should take down your merit number as it means they can ID you quite easily, as the boards are monitored

Bobbin, no. Vetting will come seperatly as not everyone who passes will be vetted or given medical

Oh! how come?! Is it to do with merit number?
    What is merit number by the way?! I have asked before but didn't totally get it?!

Maybe i should bow out now..haha.

You have gotten so far already, i'd be over the moon! And if you don't get it, least you have the experience eh?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

bobbin88 wrote: »
    Oh! how come?! Is it to do with merit number?
    What is merit number by the way?! I have asked before but didn't totally get it?!

Maybe i should bow out now..haha.

You have gotten so far already, i'd be over the moon! And if you don't get it, least you have the experience eh?!

yeh its to do with your merit number and what community background you come from! lol im not to sure what the merit score is or how they obtain it, maybe some else can shed a little light on it?:D

thats the only postive ive taken from c13 i have all the expierence which i can use in c14!

Given your merit number is close to mine, yours is a bit better actually.

With the RC thing, I would be hopeful. Guy off here was taken in for March Intake and he was mid 700's, so clearly they have had to use people from RC background who are down near the bottom of the list.

Also for anyone who doesnt understand what merit order means, its simply the list of names of people with their score from the assessment centre beside it, the higher you score in the AC the lower your merit number, i.e no1 = perfect, no 700 means 659 people bettered your efforts.

What if two people end up with the same a/c score, as there's not a huge range of scores? Do they revert back to the written, or is that totally disregarded now?

Most people have said on here that in that case people with the same score at the AC are seperated by their score at the Initial test, seems the only way to really seperate them. In the case of two people being the exact same on both they might have some other way of splitting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tom360

hi all, new to this board. i am still in the running for campaign 13, and having passed the medical i'm hopeful that i will get called up. however curious as to what the total intake is- 220 or 440 recruits?

There is 440 people being recruited, 220 of which must be catholic and 220 non catholic.

• Advertisement

bobbin88 wrote: »
    What if two people end up with the same a/c score, as there's not a huge range of scores? Do they revert back to the written, or is that totally disregarded now?

Spoke to a former superintendent and he told me they dont revert back to ist even if two people have the same score so it is totally disregarded. The ist now counts for nothing, no matter what your score, unfortunately.

Interesting. How do they seperate people with the same score at the AC then?

Interesting. How do they seperate people with the same score at the AC then?

Apparently its not that clear cut because even though there are 440 places, they normally take on a 100 or so more, because they need to take into account all those people who may drop out or have lost interest and dont want to join anymore. There are quite a lot apparently who lose interest. Its not a case of if you are outside the 220 for your pool you are out, if you see what I mean. Its hard to explain, but the only thing that counts is the a/c score. Then of course there will be people who pass but fail vetting, medical, so those in reserve will be called on. Hope this helps, bit confusing but 100% correct

Yeah I know you dont have to be inside 440 to get in, look at ethan off here with merit placing 750 and he got in.

They still must have some way of establishing a list of people in rank order who have got the same score, otherwise how could they give everyone an individual number.

Yeah I know you dont have to be inside 440 to get in, look at ethan off here with merit placing 750 and he got in.

They still must have some way of establishing a list of people in rank order who have got the same score, otherwise how could they give everyone an individual number.

Yeh good point. Also the more times you have done helps your merit too. They must have a list of criteria they adhere to, god knows how it works. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

About this 50/50 thing, I'm just wondering what happens if someone applies from say, Poland (a predominately RC country). Does that person fall into the RC bracket or are they put into 'others'?

I think I read somewhere 700 polish people applied for a campaign and none made it to the assessment centre, so it might not be a problem.

Seriously though, I dont know, If they are catholic then they might just go down as catholic i would have thought, but maybe its only N.I catholics they want.

I think I read somewhere 700 polish people applied for a campaign and none made it to the assessment centre, so it might not be a problem.

Seriously though, I dont know, If they are catholic then they might just go down as catholic i would have thought, but maybe its only N.I catholics they want.

Poles would go down as catholic, presuming the applicant is catholic. Does not matter about nationality, purely religion. Does not matter anyway as not one of them got in because they can't vet them

judgedredd wrote: »
    About this 50/50 thing, I'm just wondering what happens if someone applies from say, Poland (a predominately RC country). Does that person fall into the RC bracket or are they put into 'others'?

Would go down as RC, does not matter about nationality.

• Advertisement

How many pools are there then? Or is it just one big one? Because it seems like the a/c's are running from monday until late July. How will they let people know from Monday's if they are sucessful within 30 working days, if there is only one pool? This is all so confusing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement