Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

Ok thats fair, so who are the other 50% - I mean who are the protestants up against? Is it Muslims Jews etc, Sorry if I'm on a touchy subject but it's my curious nature. (should be a detective lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

bobbin88 wrote: »
    How many pools are there then? Or is it just one big one? Because it seems like the a/c's are running from monday until late July. How will they let people know from Monday's if they are sucessful within 30 working days, if there is only one pool? This is all so confusing!

Hope this clears the confusion up.

You are in campaign 14, everyone who does the assessment centre, will get a letter to say if they have passed or not, probably within 6 weeks.

If you pass, then that means you are still in. Once everyone has taken the assessment centre then a merit order can be established.

The people from campaign 13 are in a merit pool as well, its completely seperate from the campaign 14 one though.

On the day you do the AC, they know if you passed or not, its simply a matter of getting the letters sent out. It takes a while after the tests are all completed before merit order can be established.

Obviously if you score 69/70 its pretty clear you will be at the top of the list and so might get an advance on the vetting etc

judgedredd wrote: »
    Ok thats fair, so who are the other 50% - I mean who are the protestants up against? Is it Muslims Jews etc, Sorry if I'm on a touchy subject but it's my curious nature. (should be a detective lol)

50 % catholic 50 % non catholic. That 50 % non catholic is anyone at all who is not catholic. Realistically, 99% are from protestant background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Do you know what the pass mark is then out of 70? And if you get above it do you just get a letter saying you have gone into the pool? And once merit order is established is this when they see who recieves vetting forms and medical forms?! Sorry for asking more questions but thanks for all the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 stote21

Do you know what the pass mark is then out of 70? And if you get above it do you just get a letter saying you have gone into the pool? And once merit order is established is this when they see who recieves vetting forms and medical forms?! Sorry for asking more questions but thanks for all the info :)

You can score in the high 30's and pass believe it or not but you won't have a hope of getting in. Don't know about your other queries I'm afraid

• Advertisement

Im flat out here with the replies the night.

I think the pass is 35, not 100% on that but think thats what it is. Each role skill is marked out of 10, and is spread through the various role plays and the written exercise.

From my experience at it, if you pass you just get a letter saying you have met the required standard to be considered further in this campaign.

From that point different people recieve different think things at various times. It seems that they send those with the highest scores the vetting forms first, and medical dates shortly after. Although depending on background you may recieve these sooner if you are lower in the merit placing and RC, than someone higher who is non RC, due to there being less RC on the list.

As a rough guide, I took my assessment centre last October, and it took 11 weeks to hear I passed. It then took another 3 months to get more word, and that was just a standard letter to say I had been included in a merit list.

You could be in for a long wait, or you could be through it all quickly, I think it comes down to your score, your vetting time, and your background.

Oh i see now! The long wait ahead..woohoo! Thanks again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

How many pools are there then? Or is it just one big one? Because it seems like the a/c's are running from monday until late July. How will they let people know from Monday's if they are sucessful within 30 working days, if there is only one pool? This is all so confusing!

Seems that ACs are actually running well into August!!! Mine is early August and there are people the week after me still to go!

wow really?! Mine is in two days! That is ALOT of a/c's!

wow really?! Mine is in two days! That is ALOT of a/c's!

Yeh since they included the 51's and then the 50's it takes a bit longer as the numbers are increased for the 'pool intakes'.

• Advertisement

well thats no good! are you up stote21 or are you waiting to hear from campaign13? I take it the first lot up to Garnerville won't be until the new year?

well thats no good! are you up stote21 or are you waiting to hear from campaign13? I take it the first lot up to Garnerville won't be until the new year?

No, Ive only tried in the recent one. I think they stagger the squads now more than they used too. Used to be intakes every 4, then 6, 9 now the tests are supposed to be once a year?? Its a cluster f***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

The ACs are running til end of August. and always were, bearing in mind consensia were always going to have to 'meet their quota'. No different than any other year i believe

Mrs Gene Hunt, Are you from the North or South, Just curious! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Maura2145 wrote: »
    Mrs Gene Hunt, Are you from the North or South, Just curious! :rolleyes:

Hi Maura2145

Norn Iron born and bred!!! ( not Brazil.....Norn Iron )

;)

Ah yea thats what i thought anyway!

Just wanna wish PYG well for her test this week, i hear shes not too well :( I hope you feel better soon!!

Does anyone know if like with the IST, you get a reply after your A/C quicker if you have failed it? If that makes sense?! :)

Does anyone know if like with the IST, you get a reply after your A/C quicker if you have failed it? If that makes sense?! :)

Good question. I would say the primary reason for the delays with the IST if you are sucessful is due to the arrangement of AC's to go out with the letter. So you would assume that the marking of AC's and letters of failure/sucess wouldnt take so long. But who knows what they might need to consider.

I guess all ive done here is clarify that i do not know the answer to that question. :D

haha! I guess as we are assessed on the day, we should be quick to hear either way?! Do you think i should remove my tongue piercing before i go, or doesn't it matter at this stage?! First impressions and all that eh?!

haha! I guess as we are assessed on the day, we should be quick to hear either way?! Do you think i should remove my tongue piercing before i go, or doesn't it matter at this stage?! First impressions and all that eh?!

Won't matter in the slightest, they aren't there to mark you on your appearance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

stote21 wrote: »
    Poles would go down as catholic, presuming the applicant is catholic. Does not matter about nationality, purely religion. Does not matter anyway as not one of them got in because they can't vet them

i read a couple of months ago that only catholics from ireland were in it, because sinn fein or something opposed to using polish who wouldn't know about the history just to fill the numbers required

Rob-117 wrote: »
    i read a couple of months ago that only catholics from ireland were in it, because sinn fein or something opposed to using polish who wouldn't know about the history just to fill the numbers required

Wouldn't surprise me

In any case I was under the impression it wasnt so much your personal religion but the secondary/grammar school you attended. My previous school was a RC grammar school but seeing it is pretty much 50;50 itself, any Non RC's that apply to the PSNI would be considered RC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Maura2145 wrote: »
    Ah yea thats what i thought anyway!

Just wanna wish PYG well for her test this week, i hear shes not too well :( I hope you feel better soon!!

Thanks a million:)

I guess not, or there would be a strict dress code! Thanks all. PapaYankeeGirl, what day are you up this week? Are you nervous?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I guess not, or there would be a strict dress code! Thanks all. PapaYankeeGirl, what day are you up this week? Are you nervous?!

Tomorrow 9am!!!! Im really nervous. I havent got chance to prepare these past few days cause iv been sooooooo sick (still am):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

For all those who have their AC in the near future and are still wondering what to expect, take a look at pages 2 & 3 of this Forum. PSNI gave a good description including a bit of an example !!

Good luck to all concerned. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Hi PYG

Just wanna wish you the best for tomorrow. Remember to keep a COOL head. Remember all the pointers you will have picked up threw the forum and I am sure you will be grand.

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Given your merit number is close to mine, yours is a bit better actually.

With the RC thing, I would be hopeful. Guy off here was taken in for March Intake and he was mid 700's, so clearly they have had to use people from RC background who are down near the bottom of the list.

thanks for the hope gcbc:D and just wanna say gd luck to PYG for her AC tomoro:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

tomorrow 9am!!!! Im Really Nervous. I Havent Got Chance To Prepare These Past Few Days Cause Iv Been Sooooooo Sick (still Am):(

Good Luck pyg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement