Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

please could you help i am up for my ac in july and am bricking it passed the ist after 3 gos any advice on ac and has anyone tried or heard of the notomatoes masterclass in portstewart fot the ac

thanks

Hey yea i know one of the men that run it. Im considering the next masterclass but the price is a bit steep. the classes over here in england are a third of the price. But then again the NT masterclass is appealing cos its right at home for me.

Are you in the next masterclass??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

And no wise cracks saying Jackie stallone lol.(sly's mother)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

And no wise cracks saying Jackie stallone lol.(sly's mother)

As if we would!! Tho, she is a lardy lush, same as you....;)

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Maura2145 wrote: »
    Hey yea i know one of the men that run it. Im considering the next masterclass but the price is a bit steep. the classes over here in england are a third of the price. But then again the NT masterclass is appealing cos its right at home for me.

Are you in the next masterclass??

Out of curiousity.... how much are the NT masterclasses?

carlty888 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity.... how much are the NT masterclasses?

About £300 or thereabouts.
    :eek:

• Advertisement

If you dont reach the merit pool you are guarenteed £150 back...

About £300 or thereabouts.
    :eek:

I just tried to reply with 300 :eek:'s - one for each pound. Apparenty we can't put that many in a single message.

carlty888 wrote: »
    I just tried to reply with 300 :eek:'s - one for each pound. Apparenty we can't put that many in a single message.

well then...enough said!:rolleyes: haha

Bit steep isnt it

Right when I get my handcuffs..........your def getting nicked lol.

Trust me this derrier is not fat.........well lets just say its well rounded hehe.

Alan

No harm people

But £300 is blooming good, and you get a money back warranty (£150) if you don't pass. I would sell my soul to pay for it !
    I had never heard of such classes but think it's a great idea and would certainly consider it if you are really worried about facing the role plays etc.

Seriously though I spent around 2 grand on getting me threw my ist and ac. I'll be honest I am not very academic and the last time i had picked up a pen was when I was 18 at college. So I had a lot of work to do.
    I now see it as money well spent as I am at the final hurdle........please please please Mr Postman bring me good news .

• Advertisement

well then...enough said!:rolleyes: haha

Bit steep isnt it

They know full well that people desparately want into the PSNI and will pay up. They're really sticking the arm in though.

All the same, I guess it's a bargain if you do get in.

No harm people

But £300 is blooming good, and you get a money back warranty (£150) if you don't pass. I would sell my soul to pay for it !
    I had never heard of such classes but think it's a great idea and would certainly consider it if you are really worried about facing the role plays etc.

Seriously though I spent around 2 grand on getting me threw my ist and ac. I'll be honest I am not very academic and the last time i had picked up a pen was when I was 18 at college. So I had a lot of work to do.
    I now see it as money well spent as I am at the final hurdle........please please please Mr Postman bring me good news .

I know youve probably answered this question millions of times so sorry for askin repetitive questions but are you in both Campaign 13 and 14 Alan?

Hi

No not going for any more campaigns I'm afraid. Spent too much time over the years worrying and worrying about it to be honest. Such a long process and yes worth it at the end but enough is enough.
    If I don't get in this time then I will be just concentrating on my own wee business and hopefully branch out further!

Hope things go well for you Maura and everyone else for that matter.

Alan

Hi

No not going for any more campaigns I'm afraid. Spent too much time over the years worrying and worrying about it to be honest. Such a long process and yes worth it at the end but enough is enough.
    If I don't get in this time then I will be just concentrating on my own wee business and hopefully branch out further!

Hope things go well for you Maura and everyone else for that matter.

Alan

Thank you Alan!
    Well I wish you the best of luck and hope you hear the news you have been waiting on soon! Im sure your perseverance will reward you. Are you hopeful this time?

Thank you Alan!
    Well I wish you the best of luck and hope you hear the news you have been waiting on soon! Im sure your perseverance will reward you. Are you hopeful this time?

Yes very hopeful.

So long as I pass my medical on Monday 16th then I have more or less a guaranteed spot for training in August.
    Have a very very good merit number and I'm from Rc background.
    Just up to high doh now worried about the medical. Have passed it many times before but now that I know I'm in with a shot, I am sure my blood pressure will be sky high lol. Just don't want something to put me back again. Refer to doctor for blah blah blah.

ahhh hence the fitness training! i see. Well fingers crossed your medical goes well but im sure it will as you are so close now! :)

I have the heating on for the hot water to try and soothe my sore muscles. Have to say though, the hard work done in training does make you feel good. It has certainly lifted my mood and I am much more confident feeling. As my father in law says ' fit in the body = fit in the mind'. I do believe this very much. You feel very much more alert and sharp afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

quick question mate,did you not have to go for medical whan you sent off vetting forms back in nov? you maybe told me before but i've read that much on this i cant remember anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

hey alan belfast really hope you make the august intake,heard the news comes next week, really seem to deserve it:)

if you dont mind me asking, see the medical your gona take on monday was that the initial date you got?

Hi

No. My vetting forms went in on end of November and I didn't receive my med forms. I rang head of appointments and she told me not to worry and that its a cost cutting thing they are introducing. It means that people don't get meds if they fail vetting thus saving £££.
    My vetting took 6 worrying months. Only got the call from head of appointments on Friday past week ago. Then received my med questionnaire etc in post on Tuesday. Filled it in immediately and ready to go .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

PYG, T minus 4 hours and counting !!! :):):)

given1 wrote: »
    hey alan belfast really hope you make the august intake,heard the news comes next week, really seem to deserve it:)

if you dont mind me asking, see the medical your gona take on monday was that the initial date you got?

Yes

It was the perfect day for me too. Mondays are my bill paying and ordering days so worked out well thankfully

Lol Par

Enjoy the rest of this lovely evening guys and gals.
    I will speak to ya all tomorrow at some point

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Yes

It was the perfect day for me too. Mondays are my bill paying and ordering days so worked out well thankfully

lol im sure there was 1 long sigh of relief that day:D
    i was just curious as i still havent received my medical for c13, i rung occ health up a few weeks ago and was informed that i medical was on the 2nd april which i had been given no notice off:confused: so really dont were i stand atm, all i can say is trust the PSNI:D lol

Par827 wrote: »
    PYG, T minus 4 hours and counting !!! :):):)

LOL

The vino is chilling nicely, cant wait. :p

She certainly was upbeat, fingers crossed, it sounds like it went well for her!:D

Right when I get my handcuffs..........your def getting nicked lol.

Trust me this derrier is not fat.........well lets just say its well rounded hehe.

Alan

Hmmmmmm, handcuffs.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hpa

Well i survived the AC tough enough at times i thought. Really not sure what to think of my performance dont think i was too bad but time will tell!

hpa wrote: »
    Well i survived the AC tough enough at times i thought. Really not sure what to think of my performance dont think i was too bad but time will tell!

Well done, at least you can ( sort of ) relax now, just the waiting to do!

How long approx did it last? And how many were there?
    Sorry for all the questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hpa

No bother i was there for around 4 hours and there was 11 people. Yeah JUST the wait now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

oops !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement