Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Par827 wrote: »
    oops !
    Yeh but I saw it ... and it's been noted Par. He He ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Got to go folks, chores to do. Yawn!
    I shall look forward to this evenings posts when I'm pretending to be busy at work in the morning ;)

Par: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Hi

No. My vetting forms went in on end of November and I didn't receive my med forms. I rang head of appointments and she told me not to worry and that its a cost cutting thing they are introducing. It means that people don't get meds if they fail vetting thus saving £££.
    My vetting took 6 worrying months. Only got the call from head of appointments on Friday past week ago. Then received my med questionnaire etc in post on Tuesday. Filled it in immediately and ready to go .

So basically if you get a medical you have passed vetting?

Good luck for it anyway, with your scores you will get in for sure, just the medical and you're in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

Hey this PYG is becoming a bit of an urban legend now! where is she!? Everybody sing 'why are we waiting...' Hope the legend did well anyways!!
    Just a question for those who did their AC's. What did you (gulp!) wear at it? If you wore a suit, were you comfortable, was it too stuffy warm on a day like this? If you wore casual, how casual did you go!? Please dont say trackies and a hoodie!?

So the big medical next week Alan, best of luck man. Was it the weight? Apologoes if not as I may be confusing you with someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hpa

manaka wrote: »
    Hey this PYG is becoming a bit of an urban legend now! where is she!? Everybody sing 'why are we waiting...' Hope the legend did well anyways!!
    Just a question for those who did their AC's. What did you (gulp!) wear at it? If you wore a suit, were you comfortable, was it too stuffy warm on a day like this? If you wore casual, how casual did you go!? Please dont say trackies and a hoodie!?

I wore a shirt and tie as did all the men there was a couple of girls wearing jeans. I was comfortable glad i didnt wear a jacket because i was sweating quite a bit! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

lol you took the words out of my mouth;) lol oj! i wore a pair of jeans and t shirt to c13 AC, with the weather being quite similar i thought it was quite comfortable! many of the older ones in my group (im only 19:D) dressed quite casual aswell, think one person had a suit! best going as JVB put it something that you feel comfortable and confident with, but they arnt marking you on appearence at the end of the day!

as for PYG shel be on about 10 30, so get yourself settled in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

hpa wrote: »
    I wore a shirt and tie as did all the men there was a couple of girls wearing jeans. I was comfortable glad i didnt wear a jacket because i was sweating quite a bit! :)

Girls in jeans....really????????? So not cool. I'm going smart smarty smart smart to my AC.

And I know PYG went smartly dressed to hers. I know theres nothing mentioned on the sheet about dress code but IMHO its essentially a job interview for a job where the uniform is paramount. It defines the job in a way. So on a personal level I wouldnt think jeans suitable attire. Dress for success and all that.

Anyway, I dont think we should open this debate again as it raged on a few pages back. It could get messy again :p

I dont see why people keep on bringing up such a pointless topic, wear what you want, obviously nothing outrageous, but everyone is making a big deal out of it. it wont affect your score, so stop worrying about what clothes to wear and start giving tips for what to say to pass the test.

cheers! interesting to see what people wore and how they felt on the day. Are there many people there doing the ac on your day. what were the facilities like at it? Comfy enough? Did you have to stay confined to a certain area once you check in, if you do checkin!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

So the big medical next week Alan, best of luck man. Was it the weight? Apologoes if not as I may be confusing you with someone else.

Hi

No my weight was never an issue. I once failed on eyesight and had to obtain a consultants report as they would not accept my 2 opticians reports. £120 for the report incidently.

Thanks for wishing me luck, I have myself booked in for reflexology on sunday and also a facial lol. And don't be giving me grief lol, The other half is a beauty therapist so it's her wee treat to me to keep me calm hehe.

Alan

yeah I think it best to let sleeping dogs lie, (even though I pulled his tail!) LOL! As i grew up with the 'Dressed for Success' song from Roxette, I think I'll stick to that!! ha :p

yeah I think it best to let sleeping dogs lie, (even though I pulled his tail!) LOL! As i grew up with the 'Dressed for Success' song from Roxette, I think I'll stick to that!! ha :p
    Jaysus - you're nearly as old as ME!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ah yeah the ol eye laser stuff and all that craic. Reflexology n stuff! Make sure she doesnt use anything that would give you a chemical reaction on your skin that could give you a rashand get you turned down for the medical! Not trying to worry you, im sure you in safe hands anyways!!

Are we all just cooling our heels here waiting for our very own superstar PYG?!!:D

Are we all just cooling our heels here waiting for our very own superstar PYG?!!:D

lol its like waiting for the new year to come in:D

not quite THAT old mrs genehunt! ha, maybe i just have a better memory when I was younger! Im watching CSI, coooolll.....(and looking for a sat nav online!)

not quite THAT old mrs genehunt! ha, maybe i just have a better memory when I was younger! Im watching CSI, coooolll.....(and looking for a sat nav online!)

Thanks for that vote of confidence I already feel like a geriatric compared to you young things!!!!!!!!!!:D

CSI Miami...hmmmmm. Horatio, too cool for skool. Am shoe shopping inbetween popping in and out here but think will have to hit the hay soon, was at the gym earlier today and feeling it now!!!!!!!!! Cream Crackered!

Though I do want to stay up for the PYG carnival!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

no...:rolleyes:

... i feel kinda sad...

so how many of us are on here at the minute??!

• Advertisement

CIMG2651.JPG

Hurry up PYG we are waiting!

hahaha that made me laugh out loud. imagine if shes just gone straight to bed

Maura2145 wrote: »
    ... i feel kinda sad...

so how many of us are on here at the minute??!

I take it you mean sad as in l-o-s-e-r sad and not as the opposite of happy?!!!
    :D

JVB bailed out earlier, he's going to catch up tomorrow when he should be working :p

I'm yawning like mad, think I will have to call it a night and catch up at lunchtime tomorrow.....its cos I'm sooooo old you see........:p

Brilliant!!!!!!!!

Forgive the txtspk PSNI but seriously ROTFLMAO

CIMG2651.JPG

Hurry up PYG we are waiting!

lol luved it:)

Brilliant!!!!!!!!

lol i didnt no oldies:p knew what rotflmao meant:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

Brilliant!!!!!!!!

maybe I'm too old for all this but...WTF ???

so whos got the AC next? Anyone on 7 July?

Par827 wrote: »
    maybe I'm too old for all this but...WTF ???

TXTSPK = Textspeak - PSNI - he no likey!!!

ROTLMAO = Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

Capiche?:D

• Advertisement

so whos got the AC next? Anyone on 7 July?

Nope not til August.....cue tumbleweed.......*sighs*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement