Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

carlty888 wrote: »
    Given,

I'm up on the same day as yourself. Here's hoping it's a good day.

gd luck and all the best for it:) same here, really hoping its a good day! you all prepared?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

well lads im going to call it a day..tuesday! and i should be in slumberland. Hope the knee gets better soon given that you dont have much time left. Keep us updated on your progress...ZZZzzz...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

given1 wrote: »
    gd luck and all the best for it:) same here, really hoping its a good day! you all prepared?

As prepared as I'll ever be, I guess. Just goin over the feedback from campaign 13, same as yourself no doubt. Looking for were I can step up.

I'll be looking out for a bloke with a dodgy leg (if you're in the same venue).

manaka wrote: »
    well lads im going to call it a day..tuesday! and i should be in slumberland. Hope the knee gets better soon given that you dont have much time left. Keep us updated on your progress...ZZZzzz...

thanks and i will indeed:) lol well your hands deserve a long needed rest thats for sure,after all that typing with all those questions;)

nyt

As prepared as I'll ever be, I guess. Just goin over the feedback from campaign 13, same as yourself no doubt. Looking for were I can step up.

I'll be looking out for a bloke with a dodgy leg (if you're in the same venue).

lol just look for the 1 who takes about an hour to get up of his seat:D

do you think the feedback report is good? i scored roughly the same across all 5 areas, so finding it a bit diffcult to see where i need to up it!
    forum has some great pointers! thanks to everyone thats posted with tips, advice etc much appreciated!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

Did you read the last paragraph?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Legalswat

judgedredd wrote: »
    Did you read the last paragraph?

Sadly that doesnt cover it. There are are a million pieces of info on people on the internet but once you collate and specify as has been done here, then it can be illegal. Dont get me wrong, it would never stand up in court, I just wouldnt say it if you know where Im coming from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MerseysideManc

If you're an EU-resident, pass everything and are high enough up the merit list, you'll get in (subject to 50;50 etc). I think that's it in it's simplest terms. I don't think there's allowed to be any discrimination as to where exactly in the EU you come from.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though.

Thanks carlty. Sorry to ask another question, but you said the merit list. No comprendez? lol. Help please, never heard of them over here.

Cheers all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

Legalswat wrote: »
    Sadly that doesnt cover it. There are are a million pieces of info on people on the internet but once you collate and specify as has been done here, then it can be illegal. Dont get me wrong, it would never stand up in court, I just wouldnt say it if you know where Im coming from

Think you'll find it does, public domain and all that - I hope that last bits not a threat! It's not my intention to get anyone in trouble but bigotry will not be tolerated.

We'll agree to disagree, thats my final word on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Thanks carlty. Sorry to ask another question, but you said the merit list. No comprendez? lol. Help please, never heard of them over here.

Cheers all.

After all the ACS are completed the marks are collated and a list is drawn up, starting at 1 ( awesome ) all the way right down to the end of the candidates, from what I can gather as had been previously mentioned, in the region of the 800s or so.

From this list the trainees are then selected, 220 from each background. To clarify though, just because you do the AC does not guarantee you a place on the list, you can, after the AC, get a dear john letter because you have not met the required standards in the tests.

It also appears, though dont quote me on this, that in order to save money, vetting and medicals are only offered after the Ac to candidates more or less likely to be offered a place in Garnerville. Of course there are more Vettings and medicals offered to candidates than there are training places in order to cover wastage, ie people dropping out at this point.

Its a long process, I dont pretend to understand how it works or how they pick trainees as there have been previous board members with merit rankings in the 700s or so who HAVE got into Garnerville.

All you do is do your best and then......you wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope this helps.

This is my first time in a campaign and the info above is only what I have gleaned from reading previous postings from people who have been there / done this already.

I'm sure someone will step in if they have more/better info than I have given you here.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Good post, pretty much spot on. You were a late bird weren't you? This me typing away at 'work' now ;) Ha Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

So basically if you get a medical you have passed vetting?

Good luck for it anyway, with your scores you will get in for sure, just the medical and you're in!!
    dont hold your breath mate, i passed my medical in dec and have had my vetting forms away from nov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Well did anyone get any 'BIZZ' from Pyg??

Seems she did a runner late last night and kept ya all guessing hehe.
    Is she not usually on around this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Hey,

Can anyone from C13 tell me how long they waited from attending the AC until getting a pas/fail letter? Consensia are saying its a 6week wait, hopefully it wont be as long though:rolleyes:

Well did anyone get any 'BIZZ' from Pyg??

Seems she did a runner late last night and kept ya all guessing hehe.
    Is she not usually on around this time?

Im here!!!!

Those who wanted the 'BIZZ' PMd me, only got replying to them this morning tho cause i was too tired last night:D

Hey girl

How did ya get on? Was the old nerves away with it during testing yesterday? Tell all you lol

Alan
    (o from my experience Longest I waited for word was only 2 weeks)

Hey girl

How did ya get on? Was the old nerves away with it during testing yesterday? Tell all you lol

Alan
    (o from my experience Longest I waited for word was only 2 weeks)

Wasnt nervous at all!!! Just wanted it over and done with. I was finished by midday:). The role plays were ok and i found the situational interview the easiest part, though i may live to regret saying that. Just a little 6 week wait now for the old 'fail' letter. Dont think i did all that well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shouldapply

Can anybody tell me when the next recruitment is...

was thinking about applying, then didn't, now I’m thinking I should have...

great site by the way, I’ll take on board all the info on it...

is the security situation taking a turn for the worse up there, seems to be a lot of negative news on the utv web site...

thanks

Wasnt nervous at all!!! Just wanted it over and done with. I was finished by midday:). The role plays were ok and i found the situational interview the easiest part, though i may live to regret saying that. Just a little 6 week wait now for the old 'fail' letter. Dont think i did all that well.

Well looking confident and not being nervous well stand you very well.
    Yes I found the situational easiest also.
    Don't lose your confidence now girl, Judging from what you say I do think you stand a fair chance. I shook like a leaf during my ac, Stammered etc etc so I think you did very well. Good on ya girl.
    Let's hope for good news and SOON!

Well looking confident and not being nervous well stand you very well.
    Yes I found the situational easiest also.
    Don't lose your confidence now girl, Judging from what you say I do think you stand a fair chance. I shook like a leaf during my ac, Stammered etc etc so I think you did very well. Good on ya girl.
    Let's hope for good news and SOON!

In my situational interview i couldnt say a certain word, i tried saying it 3 or 4 times and then the assessors looked up and laughed and i laughed and said 'im sorry i cant seem to get that word out but i think you know what one i mean':o:D

• Advertisement

In my situational interview i couldnt say a certain word, i tried saying it 3 or 4 times and then the assessors looked up and laughed and i laughed and said 'im sorry i cant seem to get that word out but i think you know what one i mean':o:D

Lol,

Yes I liked the atmosphere type of thing in the situational. Felt no pressure in it compared to the role plays. You weren't watching the clock type of thing and the assessors seemed to smile which was comforting.
    Well I do hope you the very best and all being well you will get your vetting and med forms out soon.
    One bit of advice about vetting forms incidentally- Once you have completed the forms in full, Make sure you take a photocopy of them.
    There is a lot of information that is required on them and should you go threw the process again, it will save you a lot of time and running about. Trust me on that one. Had to do it many times before the penny dropped lol

Lol,

Yes I liked the atmosphere type of thing in the situational. Felt no pressure in it compared to the role plays. You weren't watching the clock type of thing and the assessors seemed to smile which was comforting.
    Well I do hope you the very best and all being well you will get your vetting and med forms out soon.
    One bit of advice about vetting forms incidentally- Once you have completed the forms in full, Make sure you take a photocopy of them.
    There is a lot of information that is required on them and should you go threw the process again, it will save you a lot of time and running about. Trust me on that one. Had to do it many times before the penny dropped lol

Thanks. Yeah in the interview they seemed very welcoming and wished me good luck when i was leaving too. They were so busy writting they didnt look at me. I watched the planes take off as i rambled(intelligently of course).

IF i get to vetting im hoping mine will be easy. 1 address, no siblings, one primary and secondary school etc etc, no criminal records, only 2 part time jobs

Walk in the park !

Chat laters x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 egwene

hey everyone...

if you've passed the medical and vetting from c13, if you phoned up would they tell you if your in or not?:rolleyes: must admit im getting terribly impatient :) or do you have to wait until they start making phone calls to let people know?

i hate waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MerseysideManc

After all the ACS are completed the marks are collated and a list is drawn up, starting at 1 ( awesome ) all the way right down to the end of the candidates, from what I can gather as had been previously mentioned, in the region of the 800s or so.

From this list the trainees are then selected, 220 from each background. To clarify though, just because you do the AC does not guarantee you a place on the list, you can, after the AC, get a dear john letter because you have not met the required standards in the tests.

It also appears, though dont quote me on this, that in order to save money, vetting and medicals are only offered after the Ac to candidates more or less likely to be offered a place in Garnerville. Of course there are more Vettings and medicals offered to candidates than there are training places in order to cover wastage, ie people dropping out at this point.

Its a long process, I dont pretend to understand how it works or how they pick trainees as there have been previous board members with merit rankings in the 700s or so who HAVE got into Garnerville.

All you do is do your best and then......you wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope this helps.

This is my first time in a campaign and the info above is only what I have gleaned from reading previous postings from people who have been there / done this already.

I'm sure someone will step in if they have more/better info than I have given you here.

Best of luck

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

JVB wrote: »
    Good post, pretty much spot on. You were a late bird weren't you? This me typing away at 'work' now ;) Ha Ha

Late bird or early worm??!!! :D

Couldnt sleep for some bizarro reason, and thats the problem with wireless you can clamber into bed with your laptop and before you know it you've spent £300 on shoes at 3 a.m.!!!!!:D

Was worried that sleep deprivation may have caused me to ramble on a bit in that post but I quite surprised myself, was quite coherent!!!!:p

Evening all,

Well has any more posters done their ac today?
    I am back at the old training tomorrow !:eek: Actually looking forward to it now. No pain no gain and all that melarky.
    Anyone doing any training yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hols82

i dont know if you would call it training as such more like deathly run!no matter how long i train im still as red as a beetroot. ive been running now since february doing long distance and speed on different wks trying to build it up. how long you running for?you inside or outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Evening all,

Well has any more posters done their ac today?
    I am back at the old training tomorrow !:eek: Actually looking forward to it now. No pain no gain and all that melarky.
    Anyone doing any training yet ?
    Dont talk to me about Training... Its one of those things that I know I should do because, lets face it, ive seen fitter Americans driving to their postbox (mailbox?) at the end of the driveway than I am at the minute!!
    However, the double sided sword is this;
    I passed my IST middle of last month, and have AC towards the back end of July. IF I get through that I fear I will fail on medical, if not there then in Vetting, if not there then in the Pool. So Im not expecting to get called up in the next 12 months anyway but who knows. I think that if I don my tiny shorts, t-shirt and silly headband and begin to run at god-forsaken hours of the day at this early stage I will surely jinx myself out of the campaign. If I do no training at all I will be so unfit I wont have a hope of keeping up in training.
    Ive decided now that I will try and trick myself into believing that I have to train for my own benefit and has no connection to recruitment.
    Perhaps if I can trick myseld into believing that I can 'trick' fate too?
    :confused:

Cheers,
    TV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

No such thing as a jinx. You should start training now, if not for the police then for the massive health benefits. By the time you get in, you will have to do alot in a short space of time, so why not start now and get a head start.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

just my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement