Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Looks like it's campaign 14 for me. :( I've got to rely on too many people failing medicals/vetting or dropping out (why would someone do that? :eek:).

Congratulations to those of you who had better news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭mic

I take it the merit list has not been 50/50d yet. So i'm X position out of how many people passed everything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MartinC2006

Lisnsooz

Exactly its impossible to tell as there's so many factors.

Take me, I could have been in an early intake but;

Applied closer to the closing date and had late IST/AC etc.
    Got reffered in my medical which I may still fail.

Carlty how did you do if you don't mind me asking? My Fiancee finished in the wrong end of the 500's but we still hold out hope.

Its entirely possible that someone could finish last on the merit pool list and still be recruited. It may not be fair but it has happened.

Martin.

Apparently letters notifying people of their un-successful application have been sent out and should be with people shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

Hey everyone, new on here so apologies if i ask anything which has already been asked!

I completed the assesment centre in Sept, and never heard from consensia until 29/11/07. The letter said that i had passed the A/C and they would be in contact within 4 weeks! I haven't heard anything as yet!I am starting to get a bit worried, especially after reading the last few pages.

Is there anyone else in the same position as me or should i just expect one the dear John letters mentioned above??? :)

• Advertisement

Welcome Gaz

90 650222 - Ask for recruitment.

They'll have the anwsers.

At this stage nothing is certain, everything is up in the air.

Good luck.

Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Ethan321

Its all gone a bit if why where when how again in here lol. It seems that its like people say, you just dont know until you are either given a dear john letter or get a call to start.
    But the best of luck to all who visit here, as i said before, if its oyur year then it will come in good time.
    For those who dont get through, which may include myself, life continues and there is still alot to life people.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

phoned consensia today,all they said was there was hold up from psni and would recieve letter in couple of weeks with info about medical etc. must phone that recruitment no see if they give me a merit pool number although im starting to panic now that mic says they are sending out un-successful letters to people,has anyone got back info from medicals done in december?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dvc1976

Hello chaps, just found this forum, glad there are so many others currently pooping thier respective undergarments!!!

I had my medical on Nov 13 and got word of my success about a week after that - I am still waiting on any further correspondence!! guess that either means I'm really low down in the merit pool (how very dare they!!) or everyone's theories are shot to hell...........??

Neil D

oops sorry, forgot to say sent my vetting forms off in October!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

dvc1976 wrote: »

I had my medical on Nov 13 and got word of my success about a week after that - I am still waiting on any further correspondence!! guess that either means I'm really low down in the merit pool (how very dare they!!) or everyone's theories are shot to hell...........??

Neil D

Not nec Neil - you may/may not have gotten the 'info in 4 weeks' letter from Consensia - and if you didn't get that, I don't recall receiving anything else since.

Ring the recruitment num and they'll tell you the score with the merit list.

yeah got that "we`ll be in touch in four weeks"since then have done medical but my four weeks fell over the christmas period. do you know if anyone has got their four week letter yet? think i will phone recuitment tom hopefully they will give me pool number(if i have one)should give me indication one way or other

So any more word guys?

I hope you all get the placing your hoping for! :)

Martin.

Lisnsooz

Carlty how did you do if you don't mind me asking? My Fiancee finished in the wrong end of the 500's but we still hold out hope.

Martin.

Martin,

I'm in a similar position to your fiancee. I'm new to this particular stage of the competition, but I just fear that I'd be relying on too many people falling by the wayside. I'm gutted :(, but I've got plently of experience out of this which should stand me in good stead for the next competition.

Carlty have you had the medical forms and been vetted?

Looking through the figures from campaign's 1-9 its still very possible that you could be recruited depending on what side of the 50:50 you are.

Keep your chin up and what will be will be!

Martin.

Martin,

I had my medical on 17 December and the vetting forms about a month before that. Still no feedback on either.

I'm taking it that I haven't got through though, but if somewhere down the line I'm proven wrong - great.

lisnsooz wrote: »
    Not nec Neil - you may/may not have gotten the 'info in 4 weeks' letter from Consensia - and if you didn't get that, I don't recall receiving anything else since.

Ring the recruitment num and they'll tell you the score with the merit list.

What info does the "4 weeks letter" contain? - I haven't had one of those .
    When I rang recruitment they basically fobbed me off saying that if I haven't heard anything then my application is being considered- however they didnt even ask who I was or ask for my UID number. Really doesn't look good for me.... HARRUMPH!!:confused:

Have any of you got a 'dear John' letter yet? I was talking to a girl yesterday who phoned up recruitment and she was told they'd been sent out the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭justaquestion

hi guys,
    i asked for confirmation on how many places there were to confirm rumours etc. i was told by 2 seperate people it was 440

i also called psni and was given merit 357. i asked the question
    "if im from a rc background and have merit number 357, would i be guaranteed a place if i pass medical and vetting"

answer====yes.

feeling confident now

Good man. It seems to me that an RC who passes the role plays, vetting and medicals is probably more than likely guaranteed a place.

• Advertisement

Carlty, that was the same day as my partner. She hasn't had word on either but when she rang recruitment they said she passed her medical.

In regard the 50:50 split it does seem to be less RC people get to the merit pool so maybe with a recruitment of 440 they are finding it hard to get 220 Catholics?

That being the case I think those suggesting that the vast majority of RC applicants in the merit pool stand a good chance of being recruited are corrrect.

This coupled with the possibility of the new system being in place would seem to back this up as my partner is in the high 500's yet is going through vetting/medical.

I rang Occ health to try and find out about my medical. The additional information is still with the Doctor and she's off until tomorrow. She also said hopefully the Doctor will sign it off tomorrow so I have a sneaky feeling she knew the result already.

Keep the info coming!

Martin.

Looking at the stats yes, there are less RC than nonRC who make it to the merit pool, in previous years there has been less RC applicants therefore a greater chance of a larger difference in the merit pool breakdown.

To say they might be finding it hard to get 220 RC from the merit pool im not sure would be correct, could be im not in a position to say but it would conflict with recruitment/appointments saying they are vetting/medical top 440 plus wastage.

Think all is still to play for yet, and i wish all here the best of luck:D

I'm bouncing off the walls itching to start now. So relieved. I'd advise anyone who hasn't got a merit pool number/medical result to pester recruitment, occ health and Consensia as much as possible for answers. It's their job to keep you informed.

And judging by our good standing in the merit pools Martin, I really don't believe Jim is starting in January.

Interesting statement Mic, though i do think jim is getting a start in the first couple months of the year, the exact date would be Jim's knowledge:)

There’s no way I would have ever got through the medical/vetting in time though.

I can't be 100% sure Jim's starting in Jan but I know there is an intake in Jan.
    It may well be Jim finished that high that they where 100% certain he would be in the top 220. He was then probably recruited due to his good score and progress through the system. "PSNI" is a serving officer and I believe has had contact with Jim, both indicate that Jim is starting in Jan so that’s good enough for me.
    Jim applied on the first day, I applied 2 weeks later, now I know how that has affected me.

If there’s a next time I'll know to apply on the first day :)

I like yourself am bouncing off the walls, more so because I may still fail the medical!

Ethan, I did consider that but I know off someone who is well toward the bottom of the merit pool but is at a similar stage to us. They may however be 'Wastage' but at the bottom end of the pool to be even considered shows a lack of RC in the pool in my opinion. I would like to see it reach the stage where the merit pool is a good reflection off the community so people can be recruited on their ability first and foremost.

Martin.

Well ok, he may be starting in January. His dates just seemed too quick for my liking and it wouldn't be the first time someone lied on the internet haha.

What is it that you have to get checked out? Was it your BP?

I too am looking forward to the day when there are sufficent numbers of Catholic recruits and so do away with 50-50. One thing that annoys me about it is people saying to me 'you're only in because you're a Catholic'. I can now say that with my score i'd be in if I was a Catholic, a Protestant, a Scientologist or a hindu.

Lol Mic, if you were a scientologist i think you would be wanting to join starship troopers not psni lol, just kidding, just trying to bring a little light air to things:D

I did initially want to join but they don't have a dental plan.

Aye BP, was fairly good when the GP did a 24 hour tape and he wrote a sterling report.

Yeah I know what you mean Jim, I'll hopefully be able to say that 2 :D

Then again if I couldn't I'd still take the place, my moral high ground doesn't go far enough to turn a place down.

Martin.

• Advertisement

Better than that. Just got offered a place. Chuffed as.

happy days,was it you who was 50 in merit pool

Below 50, it starts now :D

when u start, feb?

I don't want to say too much on a public forum but i'll be starting soon.

well done:)

• Advertisement

Thanks lad. Good luck to everyone else here. It's been a long time coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭mickey2186

Everyone should not worry yet.

I haven't got a medical date yet..have been told it should be towards the end of the month.

Have been told I am okay subject to medical/vetting.

Hope there are no problems with either, as I passed both for Campaign 12 < 1 year ago, so I am quietly confident.

It's not over till its over!!

Mickey2186.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Well done mic... well done... You're gonna love it mate. See you on the inside! ;)
    mic wrote: »
    Thanks lad. Good luck to everyone else here. It's been a long time coming.

Cheers man.

Been itching to get on but had to go to training
    Intake starts early Feb, I’m over the moon!

I hope you all get the news your wanting.

Big thanks to you all, especially PSNI.

Cya shortly Mic!

Martin.

• Advertisement

Got a month or so to get fit now. Hitting the weights tomorrow :)

I'm not to bad that way, just back from training actually.Have to shed some Christmas pounds though.

If your worried about your fitness I'd be forgetting the weights and hitting the thread mill etc :D

Are you 100% going for this intake? I'm considering asking to Defer. Need to check my contact about notice periods and I've a holiday booked for the last week in Feb! Not so much a holiday as Its actually supervising a school Ski trip.

I said I'd call the lady tomorrow morning to confirm.

Martin.

High intensity training prob best for what you lads will be doing, biggest pe session you will have is the 5k run, which aint that hard, best to do HIT or hill sprinting to get fitness up for pca.
    Find yourself a hill somewhere that aint too busy, pick2 points about 100m apart, start at the bottom point and sprint fast as you can to the top one, turn at top and jog back down to the lower point taking no longer than about 45 seconds to jog back then turn and sprint to top point again. If you can do 8 continual hill sprints in a row your doin well!
    I would reccomend doing this once a week along with normal distance running you do;)

Are you 100% going for this intake? I'm considering asking to Defer. Need to check my contact about notice periods and I've a holiday booked for the last week in Feb! Not so much a holiday as Its actually supervising a school Ski trip.

Absolutely 100% with bells on. The way I see it, the sooner I get in, the sooner I get out.

Yeah, going to do a bit of running aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

Martin/Mic!

Well done! Couldn't get on yesterday avo in work (swamped busy here...) and just looking through the posts now, and I was like 'What the..?!'. Obv medical all fine in the end Martin.

Hope it all goes well for ye!!

Lis

Cheers,

I'm over the moon.

As strange as it sounds I feel like I've won the lottery \o/

I'm looking into the possiblity of defering one intake, so maybe I'll see some of you there!

Martin.

hi all done medical on 17th dec but still no word back.does anyone know if you can phone for results(would you phone recruitment or seapark)or do you need to wait it out?

Recruitment where able to tell my partner she'd passed her medical when she rang for her merit pool placing.

She also done her medical on the 17th.

Good luck!

Martin.

cheers martin ill try them

cheers again martin,phoned recruitment today and they put me through to occ,apparently letters going out today or monday and the girl told me the doctor has put that im fit for duty, just keeping fingers crossed about vetting now,any idea how long that is meant 2 take?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement