Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭mickey2186

Looks like everyone got the '4 week letter'.

I received the vetting forms 3 weeks ago, followed by a letter from Consensia to say I had passed and they would be in touch shortly regarding the medical.

Then nothing until the '4 week' letter.

Mickey 2186.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Ethan321

Would i be assumiong that if you pass the medical then the result will be sent to consensia, then to ourselves, or will they wait til they have the result of both before contacting us?
    Alot of ifs, buts and whens eh lol
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Ethan321

Sorry, i can actually spell assuming lol, and by both i maen medical AND vetting result
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jim2001

I got the 4 week letter to, even thou they already sent me one about a month ago to tell me I passed.
    Ethan when I passed the medical I got a letter from consensia and the PSNI occupational health to say I had passed.

I think Consensia will tell you if you have passed the medical, however not too sure about the vetting part..last campaign I got a letter from Consensia saying that I had passed all sections of their testing and as soon as all the medicals were finished my name would be forwarded to recruitment PSNI.

I think vetting ran along side this, however I didn't get any official letter from PSNI regarding passing or failing vetting.

Next info I got was the letter in June saying I would hear either way before Feb 2008.

Mickey2186

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ismise69

Awesmome.. cheers for that Justaquestion, at least now i know i can go to NY next week without having to worry if im gonna get a letter in the post when im gone.. knowing my luck they'll organise something for when i am away.. bhahahah but i'll call them before i do go just to make sure.. haha..
    best of luck everyone!!! hope ye all do well..
    i called consentia today and asked them a few questions.
    first i asked them what the craic was with so many people receiving letters saying to wait for 4weeks. obvious answer here: delay in processing

secondly i asked them how many numbers would be offered training. they said that consentia do not know this info. the psni decide this. i also askde them if they had a timescale on medical dates for those with the letter about 4 weeks. he said unfortunately not. he said they sent the exact same letter out to a few hundred people in three or four days just so people knew they were going further in the campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi thanks for answer martin,

so in best case then i could be starting when, ?

IM ON MY WAY TO GARNERVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Got the call today start in January!!!!, im from campaign 13 and I think that was very quick only applied in june! Cannot believe it.

Thanks guys for all the help especially PSNI.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

jim2001 wrote: »
    IM ON MY WAY TO GARNERVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Got the call today start in January!!!!, im from campaign 13 and I think that was very quick only applied in june! Cannot believe it.

well done Jim!!
    Do you have to do an interview yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Just to let yas know, I was on phone to PSNI recruitment branch and was talking to the head of appointments. I had said i hadn't yet received my medical forms and she said you don not receive them untill you pass the vetting......so no vetting pass=no med forms. I also said if i pass vet and med when do you think the earliest would be for intake . She said it would prob be about march. The first intake is 10th febuary and every 5 weeks after that. In each intake 50 new recruits get brought in. This goes on throguhout the year. So I think it was martin was it i was talking to and PSNI, You were both saying that once ac gets passed this clicks the 2 forms to be posted to ya, Not sure why there is conflicting info but wanna know which one is correct??

O and well done to that guy that got phone call saying your in. Wish it was me! I will hardly be back on this site guys as its doing my head in thinking constantly about getting in. I just wanna try and get on with my job at present and maybe one day gtet good news(fingers crossed).
    So i wish you all the best of luck and maybe in a couple or few mths we could all be training together.

Best of luck guys ......Alan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MartinC2006

Alan,

PSNI would be the best man to ask that, I'm in the same boat myself!

Jim, Congratulations! Excellent stuff, I'd love to be in your position.
    Can I ask how long your vetting and such took? you must have been very early and your obviously right up in the merit pool.

I've my medical on Monday and the vetting forms came 3 weeks ago.

I'm a little anxious as I rang the Gp's reception and he's not done the form yet, I asked them could they chase it up and they said "Well he's been given it" I really hope I don't go over tomorrow and it's not ready. I'm also half expecting that the form won't have any medical notes attached :(

Congrats again.

Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

so no vetting pass=no med forms.

Hi Alan,
    That's very interesting to know. I would have presumed that cos I have the Gardai processing my vetting (being a Cork/Dublin resident) that I would be waiting months for it to go through, and while I can't remember the exact timeline, it was only weeks between getting the IT 'you've passed' letter (which came with the vetting forms I think) and the subsequent AC 'you've passed' letter (which accompanied the medical forms, if I'm correct in saying that...).

Lis
    PS - don't lose heart though - I've all my eggs in this basket, having been booted out of the Gardai recruitment round at the first hurdle - it's a test of character :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Fiacmar

Well done mate!!! Congrats!!!

Hi lisnsooz, the PSNI do not have an interview, its just the IST, Assessment, vetting and medical and then the merit pool where you get your number in relation to your assessment scores and other factors.
    Martin, I was on the first assessment in september, my vetting forms came through the start of october and my medical the start of November.

PSNI can you recommend items which I should buy before I start in January to make life a bit easier at garnerville such as irons, polish etc, thanks mate.

Jim

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Excellent! Well done mate. Now the real work begins. Stay in touch and let us all know how you are getting on when you start.

Go for it!

JIM will done dude fair,

have to say i bit jealous of you, do hope to follow you up there some

Well done Jim..you must be over the moon!! Do you start early or late Jan??

Regards.

Mickey2186

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

What you've been told doesn't surprise me in the least. However, take a look at MartinC2006's post and you'll see that they are wrong. Further proof that they are wrong has already been posted, but here it is again

You can clearly see that the medical is part of the application process. I also posted about my own personal experience waiting 12 months for vetting, but passing my medical 2 months after getting my assessment centre results.

Perhaps, and I'm just guessing here, that's what she thinks happens. Perhaps, that's the way they want it to happen. Perhaps that's the way it's supposed to happen and it doesn't.

This organisation is huge and people regularly get things wrong, and that's what's happened here. She's wrong, I'm right, and I don't care what department she's the head of. I can assure you that the information I provide you here is 100% accurate. If I'm not sure, then I say it beforehand.

Now - I only hope you come back on here to read my answer instead of posting a question and running for the hills tearing your hair out (I wouldn't blame you)!
    Just to let yas know, I was on phone to PSNI recruitment branch and was talking to the head of appointments. I had said i hadn't yet received my medical forms and she said you don not receive them untill you pass the vetting......so no vetting pass=no med forms. I also said if i pass vet and med when do you think the earliest would be for intake . She said it would prob be about march. The first intake is 10th febuary and every 5 weeks after that. In each intake 50 new recruits get brought in. This goes on throguhout the year. So I think it was martin was it i was talking to and PSNI, You were both saying that once ac gets passed this clicks the 2 forms to be posted to ya, Not sure why there is conflicting info but wanna know which one is correct??

O and well done to that guy that got phone call saying your in. Wish it was me! I will hardly be back on this site guys as its doing my head in thinking constantly about getting in. I just wanna try and get on with my job at present and maybe one day gtet good news(fingers crossed).
    So i wish you all the best of luck and maybe in a couple or few mths we could all be training together.

Best of luck guys ......Alan

I've got a list of things that's passed around Garnerville buried away somewhere. I'll dig it out and get it to you somehow. Watch out for a PM from me as soon as I find it.
    Hi lisnsooz, the PSNI do not have an interview, its just the IST, Assessment, vetting and medical and then the merit pool where you get your number in relation to your assessment scores and other factors.
    Martin, I was on the first assessment in september, my vetting forms came through the start of october and my medical the start of November.

PSNI can you recommend items which I should buy before I start in January to make life a bit easier at garnerville such as irons, polish etc, thanks mate.

Jim

psni quick question i just got 4 week letter, so how long do you think i should wait before panicing and calling the psni recurit dep.

• Advertisement

Jim

Thank you and well done again!

Going on that info my partner and I are around 1.5 months behind you. Assuming we did quite well and everything goes smoothly it would appear March could be the earliest for us.

Alan to further reiterate what PSNI (By the way we'll have to get a name or nick for you as it's becoming stranger and stranger calling you that) said the medical and vetting are totally separate. My partner and I filled the online forms in 1 minute apart. From that point we got all correspondence together, we done the IST and AC together, got the vetting forms together until….. The medical questionnaire. These where almost 2 weeks apart so from that alone it would appear there is no link between them. Not to mention it would be impossible to vet someone in less than week from what I’m told.
    Stop stressing, what will be will be!

Martin.

I wonder now that we have a confirmed person from this campaign starting can we find out our merit pool number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Rihanna

well done jim2001 thats mighty news. just wondering can anyone fill me in on what info you need for the vetting forms. thanks for your help lads and lassies

Rihanna wrote: »
    well done jim2001 thats mighty news. just wondering can anyone fill me in on what info you need for the vetting forms. thanks for your help lads and lassies

As I recall;

Your address for the past 20 years.
    Your Partners address for the past 20 years.
    Your immediate families address for the past 10 years.
    Your partner’s immediate families address for the past 10 years.

And criminal record you have including any fines, fixed penalties and cautions. (As well as the obvious stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Rihanna

As I recall;

Your address for the past 20 years.
    Your Partners address for the past 20 years.
    Your immediate families address for the past 10 years.
    Your partner’s immediate families address for the past 10 years.

And criminal record you have including any fines, fixed penalties and cautions. (As well as the obvious stuff)

cheers for that. obvious stuff? anything like references or anything that might have to send away for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Thanks for your reply mate. My head is totally turned with all this lol. Yes i checked out the link you provided and indeed what you say seems correct. Why have i not got the med forms yet? That was the reason i phoned head of appointments. Should i just phone Consensia directly and ask them? I just want them sent of and med over and start in blah blah ......if only if only.

Wanna have a nice clear head for xmas( well until i get the old vino in me hehe)
    Anyway i will keep checking on this im sure of that but im sooooooooo trying to keep the whole thing out of my head as iv been here mmmmmm about 4 times before with all this. Well twice the the final stages anyway.
    Cheers psni for all your help mate.

Rihanna wrote: »
    cheers for that. obvious stuff? anything like references or anything that might have to send away for?

Yeah references or rather referee's. You need only supply the names/address etc.

As you say obvious stuff it just takes a while lol.

Thanks for your reply mate. My head is totally turned with all this lol. Yes i checked out the link you provided and indeed what you say seems correct. Why have i not got the med forms yet? That was the reason i phoned head of appointments. Should i just phone Consensia directly and ask them? I just want them sent of and med over and start in blah blah ......if only if only.

Wanna have a nice clear head for xmas( well until i get the old vino in me hehe)
    Anyway i will keep checking on this im sure of that but im sooooooooo trying to keep the whole thing out of my head as iv been here mmmmmm about 4 times before with all this. Well twice the the final stages anyway.

There is no reason that they have not arrived apart from the fact there is a massive amount of people to get through. Just because Jim got his before me, me before you etc isn't a reflection on how well you done rather how quickly you applied etc.

Keep your chin up!

As The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says: "Don't Panic".

As you can see from people on this thread, there are a lot of people at various different stages in the process. You've got the letter, and according to this post they don't have a timescale yet, so just sit back, be happy you've got this far and wait it out.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but there are always many like you.
    redsurfer wrote: »
    psni quick question i just got 4 week letter, so how long do you think i should wait before panicing and calling the psni recurit dep.

• Advertisement

I can only echo what MartinC2006 has said - Keep the chin up and don't get stressed about it. You are one of many people who are at this stage, and just because X got his papers already means nothing. Everyone in the campaign will be treated the same in the end, and getting frustrated is just a waste of energy.

Expend the energy doing 10 x 1 minute sprints on a treadmill instead. It will help you greatly in PE, not if, but WHEN you get in.

Chin up mate alright?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement