Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

KEPETI wrote: »
    I was looking for a contact number for seapark but i cannot find one, do you know if they have a public line which we can contact to find out such information??

The general number is 02890 650222. They will put you through to Seapark no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Ethan321

Didnt actualy know you could contact them. Though doesnt that mean they would have loads of people ringing to say "have i passed, have i passed"!
    Though thanks for the info mate

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

mickey2186 wrote: »
    Thanks Lisnsooz,

How many weeks did it take between you doing the AC and getting the vetting forms??

Did you do your AC in September??

I would imagine it's only the vetting holding you up at this point!!!

Mickey2186.

Hi Mickey,

Did the IT on 14th Sept or something, did the AC on Oct 3rd, and got vetting forms after about 3 weeks I guess!

Yep - only the vetting left. And it's probably being done by the Gardai I guess, as I've been living in Cork/Dub the last 20 years. However, they'll have to get some info on sisters living in London and Seattle and me in NZ for a year, so it'll prbably be a while. Am waiting for the merit listing thing so that at least I might have some idea of when I'd be heading north if I pass the vetting ;)

Lis

My GP was just about to sign me off as normal but then decided it would be a good idea to put me on a 24 hour tape to provide "evidence" to occ health that my BP is normal. he said its 100% sure I have white coat hypertension and the tape will show that.

Martin.

Hi Martin,

good news with the BP then! I love the term 'white coat hypertension' which is an interesting phenomenum. Would that be similar to 'drunk guy coming at me with a broken bottle hypertension' ? :D
    Handy to have the documented evidence tho - at least you can show it's been investigated and nada.

Lis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MartinC2006

That’s if its nada! I get the tape fitted Monday :o

Nothing can ever be simple! My fiancée is having terrible trouble with her MHQ. It was delivered to her Gp’s on Tuesday with a covering letter explaining she needed it for today, what to do etc. As she was busy in work I called today around 1 and asked was it ready. After 5 minutes of being on hold I was told it had been misplaced. I explained the importance and asked could someone have good look to which the reply was “There’s nowhere else to look”
    So… I called Occ health and after some sweet talking I managed to convince the nice admin lady to email me the forms in the hope the Doctor could fill his part in before Nicholas medical on Monday.
    But then…… Nichola calls me and they have found the forms! Excellent and all is well. Nicholas Father goes down to pick them up, but they have been misplaced again and the Doctor isn’t available! The Doctor is just leaving the Surgery and Nicholas Father manages to grab 5 seconds to which he was told the form was never misplaced, it’s on his desk and can be collected at 4. 4 arrives, the form is picked up but on further inspection all that has been done is the tick boxes, signature and stamp. No explanation or comments to any condition, no additional information attached and no dates of vaccinations etc.
    Of course the surgery was then closed! It looks like Monday morning on my way to have this flipping BP monitor fitted I’m going to have to drop it in to Nicholas Doctor’s and try to get the form complete before her medical at lunch time! To top it off my BP is now through the roof again!
    Wonder if Nichola will have any comeback as her Doctor’s surgery can’t/won’t complete the MHQ on time?

The joy lol, I’m off to get drunk!

Martin.

• Advertisement

Lol, why not martin, am avin a beer myself after a long 12hr shift. By the way, take your blood pressure tomorrow when your a little dehydrated to see if its a bit lower. my blood pressure is good tho i rem a nurse once takin it and saying it was a bit low, she said "ah its ok your prob just a little dehydrated", so could that bring yours down a little? dont go without water too long tho! lol

By the way, merry christmas to all who use this thread, let the job prospects go for the festive season and have some fun, after all, its the centre of life.
    :D:D

Hi Martin,

Maybe it's cos I'm down in Dublin - but I had no such problems with my form. I filled out the whole thing, went to the doc and said 'please sign here etc', she skimmed over it to quickly check also, and that was it. Saying that tho - she's only been my doc for about 3 years so has no clue about my history.

Seems like it was a bit of a nightmare alright, for ye!

By theway - read something interesting about blood pressure and apparerently garlic is good for getting it down. Not sure how well that would go at home though!!

Lis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Fiacmar

Hi all,

Having gotten the "four weeks letter" on the 30/11, I got my vetting forms today. Still no sign of medical date or forms, but thought those of ye in the same "four week letter" boat as me might like to know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi all :)

i just was on too consensia today asking questions as i begaining to get a litte bit nervous :confused::confused::confused::confused: again. i was told we get meirt results in januray do my 4 week letter tell me february :confused: again confused:confused:. i could not get a straight answer off guy on the other end of phone:mad::mad::mad::mad:. dumass. anyway can some one help me out please my thinking is i should hear off consensia before the new year but if i dont does anyone know if they closed over 27/28/29/30 ? also as i not hear anything about vetting or meds so i guess i can forget about 12 but what about 13 as i seen to be a bit behind everyone else on this, when could i be starting up north

can someone pleae help me out

hi all :)

i just was on too consensia today asking questions as i begaining to get a litte bit nervous :confused::confused::confused::confused: again. i was told we get meirt results in januray do my 4 week letter tell me february :confused: again confused:confused:. i could not get a straight answer off guy on the other end of phone:mad::mad::mad::mad:. dumass. anyway can some one help me out please my thinking is i should hear off consensia before the new year but if i dont does anyone know if they closed over 27/28/29/30 ? also as i not hear anything about vetting or meds so i guess i can forget about 12 but what about 13 as i seen to be a bit behind everyone else on this, when could i be starting up north

can someone pleae help me out

• Advertisement

Well i would happen to agree that campaign 12 is starting to look unlikely for you mate, but your still in with a shout on 13, it looks at the minute like alot of people are at different stages of the process, not sure what holidays they will be taking but i reckon feb looks likely for results(marks) from assessment centre, as for vetting, and med, i would assume sometime over the next 5 weeks you will hear for them mate.
    They have alot of people going through the process so we just have to give them time. Best thing to do is just say to yourself "right, i should hear something in a few weeks" an just try an put it out of your mind for a while:)

I'd also agree campaign 12 is a goner. If they are starting people from 13 in Jan it doesnt look good. Did you get a pool number for 12?

Keep your chin up though, as Ethan said its taking a bit longer but there are double the places.

I have this BP monitor on today but once I get the results to Occ health I'll be putting it out of my mind until I hear something.

Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Hi all,

I stumbled across this message board yesterday. Wish I did so earlier. There's a lot of useful information here. I had to learn a lot of it the hard way in competition 12. Maybe 13 will prove to be my lucky number? Hmmmmmm.

I'm still hanging in anyway. I had my medical yesterday, hopefully not too many problems, but what would I know? I'm no doctor.

I have a question. Does anybody know if the Northern Ireland Transitional Allowance (was PSNI Allowance) is available to new starts, or is it only for established officers?

I know I still have a long way to go before there's any chance that this would affect me, but I guess I'm just curious.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Yes - Student Officers also receive the NITA from day 1.
    carlty888 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I stumbled across this message board yesterday. Wish I did so earlier. There's a lot of useful information here. I had to learn a lot of it the hard way in competition 12. Maybe 13 will prove to be my lucky number? Hmmmmmm.

I'm still hanging in anyway. I had my medical yesterday, hopefully not too many problems, but what would I know? I'm no doctor.

I have a question. Does anybody know if the Northern Ireland Transitional Allowance (was PSNI Allowance) is available to new starts, or is it only for established officers?

I know I still have a long way to go before there's any chance that this would affect me, but I guess I'm just curious.

Excellent,

I thought that would only kick in after you where out of your tutorship.

I make that £1370 ish after deductions while in the inital training period.

That's not half bad for training.

Martin.

thanks ethan amd martin

thanks for your answer. dont think i got any more left just when am i starting :D ?

merry x mas everyone

Fantastic:D:D:D. I'd have more than happy to settle for the basic salary, but as the Tesco ads rightly say "Every little helps."

I was speaking with someone recently who had been offered a place after competitions 10 and 11....... and turned them both down to work in an office job. It's not even that they're earning more money. A good deal less in fact.

I really can't underestand that. I'd give my right arm for a shot at it.

Just got a call from the Doctor.

The results show I'm clearly not Hypertensive and he'll write a covering letter stating this along with the results.

Over the moon, not just about being not being eliminated from the process (Yet :D) but with my health in general. Big weight off my mind before Christmas!

Cheers all.

Martin.

glad to hear you get on well martin

glad to hear you got on will matrin.

question if you not mind wise grass hopperson,

is the med really that hard and intents, i train about 3-4 nights and week surf weendends, do i was twice out for a few months a year ago and the year before that due to two total different oparations which have no effect on me now

• Advertisement

No the medical isn't that hard.

I'm the same as yourself training lots so It shoudn't be a problem. I was flagged on my blood pressure as it was quite high, thats nothing to do with my fitness. All be it my blood pressure is on the high side of normal it may mean it'll be higher in later years.
    Bad genes :D

A few posts up I gave a description of the medical.

Martin.

read them thanks

so when do you think you be starting then

Starting? I wish!

Going on the basis I passed everything else in the medical and the Occ Doctor accepts my Doctors findings then I'm in the merit pool along with everyone else.

Martin.

WELL

i hope to be in that pool :D too i hoping i know by end of jan, it just seen that i well behind everyone else in here:(

mother always did say i was a bit slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

hi everyone,just found this message board the other day,i done my medical on mon(17/12)was told would have to wait two weeks(maybe more because of holidays)on reply,does anyone know if they are still trying to have an intake in jan as the letter says,think this all sounds a bit soon although jim(a few pages back)has already confirmation to start in jan,anyone else heard yet?:confused:

hi all

so HELP ME PLEASE

I just got vetting forms yesterday and it saids i got 14 days to return the so i posting them today but there the mad thing, it says it for jan intake :eek::D:confused::eek::D:D i from campain 13 and was sure that at this stage i just had to wait till march or something before i bogone to worry again,

also i have 10 pentily points for speeding will that count much agaist me much:confused:

if some can please explain what is going on i be very thankfully

shane

If I recall my vetting forms said the first intake would be in Jan so it must be generic.

At this stage I would say it's optimistic you'd make the Jan intake which I think was to top up campaign 12. Those who scored very highly and went through the process (like Jim?) at the earliest stages will start In Jan I think.

In reference to the points, I don't know how much weight they put on these. It does mention fixed penalties will be taken into account of you show a blatent disregard for the law. If thats all you have I don't think they'd bin you on that alone.

Martin.

thanks martin

i was bit confused there wondering what the hell so how long do u think till the meds be sent out

For me it was 3 weeks, 4 for my partner.

I don't know if they wait until you have sent the vetting forms though.

They could be totally unrelated.

Martin.

• Advertisement

For me it was 3 weeks, 4 for my partner.

I don't know if they wait until you have sent the vetting forms though.

They could be totally unrelated.

Martin.

Martin,

Am I reading that wrong, or are you saying that you got your medical date before before you received the vetting forms?

I got the vetting forms 2-3 weeks before the date for my medical came through. I live in Co. Down, so I don't know if that's just because I'm getting vetted by the PSNI directly and not through the Gardai.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement