Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭justaquestion

just had another word with oh who finally found my file. unbelievably they measured me at 167 cm. im actually just over 171 cm. this is the main reason my bmi was just over 30. i asked if i could simply come up and get remeasured. i was told no and i would have to appeal. dont think thats very fair as its a pretty obvious mistake. but ill appeal anyway and hope they see sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

That is a complete joke..........their incompetence to measure you correctly in the first place = they should hold the hands up and do the re measure. I honestly cant believe how silly these oh people are being.
    I would contact someone high up or umbudsman over that. It is a disgrace. Instead of them going to rectify the issue it's you that has to do all the running about . Just think of how many people should actually be in the job and have been refused due to there inability to use a measuring tape. Maybe you need a degree to use one correctly.
    Good luck mate and honestly everyone. Plz chill out try not to worry about things. I actually believe reading to much into all this pass fail stuff adds to everyones heads and in turn makes things physcologically (not sure about spelling lol) worse for ya.
    Best of luck everyone
    Hey just a question.......maybe they think you have strectched yourself to reach this 'new' height lol
    Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MartinC2006

just had another word with oh who finally found my file. unbelievably they measured me at 167 cm. im actually just over 171 cm. this is the main reason my bmi was just over 30. i asked if i could simply come up and get remeasured. i was told no and i would have to appeal. dont think thats very fair as its a pretty obvious mistake. but ill appeal anyway and hope they see sense

Well at least it looks like you'll get sorted out mate. I hope all goes well for you!

Thinking back to my medical I had to tell the nurse that the height slider was slipping down slowly. That’s obviously what happened in your case when she most likely looked at the reading a few seconds after you came out.

As Alan said, chill out :cool:

Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭mickey2186

Justaquestion,

Is you GP sending a letter to OH?

BTW how do you actually appeal?

Do they give you an form or do you just need to supply further information?

Again don't get too angry at this point as you are still in the running!!

Mickey2186

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Where ever did Mr PSNI disappear to guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Hey all

Wannalaugh ..........i fink psni has went awol !! Martin is running the show now lol
    Just kidding guys.
    Chat soon and enjoy your weekends
    Alan

When Martin starts Garnerville he can sign on as PSNI2 :)

Mickey2186

PSNI is still about guys, he's a mod for the forum don't forget. I’m sure he’ll respond to pm’s if your patient.I imagine he's probably busy work wise with the increased terror threat and all. I find the whole thing rather scary now that it’s a bit closer to home. With the RIRA giving these press releases I think they’ll be going after someone soon. No doubt the police will be a possible target and I don’t think recruits get a bye ball somehow.

Has anyone or their friends had word about the next intake? Do they contact people around a month before every intake or did that only happen to me as it was fairly early? My partners still waiting for word you see.

Martin.

Martin,

Agreed it is a bit scary...but can't let them bully everyone.

BTW I like the way you described it as a 'terror treat':eek:

Mickey2186

• Advertisement

Fixed :o

Was chatting with my GP today..said he called OH last week, but no one returned his call. Seems like they just do eveything by the book!

Mickey2186.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 colt19

hi does anyone know when consensia post out the feedback from the assesment centre?
    and does anyone know if and when they contact references?

I think they said March for feedback?

They most likely won't contact your referee's from what I gather.

Martin.

thanks martin, u really do know ur stuff on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I think they said March for feedback?

They most likely won't contact your referee's from what I gather.

Martin.

first letter i got said it would be before feb, then the one i got to say there was admin changes said it would be before the end of feb.

• Advertisement

sent appeal letter of last night with docs evidence to support. what is getting to me is the fact that the single reason for failure was
    "body mass outside standards for this competition"
    it is their mistake. they measured me four centimetres shorter than i am. if they had measured proplerly it would have said "you have passed". as said before, they expect me to do all the running. :mad:
    i have a feeling that they might say ive failed anyway even if they are proved wrong, saying i had failed on something else.

anyway cest la vie:confused:

Justaquestion, don’t worry!

The whole point of an appeal is to rectify mistakes should they occur. You can clearly show your BMI is within the ranges required so I think you’ll be fine.
    The PSNI have to be seen as transparent and impartial with things like this so I doubt they’ll just fail you arbitrarily

In regard to the PCA, a lot of service’s in England require recruits to do this at the medical stage so it’s no big deal.

Good luck and keep your chin up.

Goodcopbadcop, you could be right as I seemed to recall the gentleman at my AC saying March but I have a head like a sive!

Martin.

Justaquestion,

When the nurse measured my height she told me my measurement before it was entered on the form, so I knew she was correct!

Is there anything else you think they may fail you on??

I'm sure you appeal will be fine!

BTW is there any further action you can take above an appeal?

Mickey2186

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    Where ever did Mr PSNI disappear to guys?

I didn't disappear guys. I'm still here, but work has us all very busy these days. I get a lot of PMs and have to read all the posts in this forum, so I may not post that often in here simply because questions are being answered (very well in a lot of cases) by you forum users. I'm very happy that the forum is thriving the way it is, but if anyone has any queries they would like ONLY me to answer then drop me a PM or ask on-thread.

for those who asked before when the next campaign was it will be announced in spring 2008 (dates yet to be announced)

off the consensia website so its official, keep a look out.

• Advertisement

phoned oh today to make sure my appeal letter was received. should know within 2 weeks. fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jam121

hi guys

i got my start date for 16 march 2008 campaign 13...happy days!!!!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Lettho

congratulations jam121 or should I say 'jammie!!' When did you get the call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

jam121 wrote: »
    hi guys

i got my start date for 16 march 2008 campaign 13...happy days!!!!!!!!:)

Well done mate you must be delighted. What was your number in the pool?Just interested to see how far up the list they are.

well done! must be good getting the call up, nothing jammy about it im sure you did well to get to where you are.

thanks guys...im really nervous now!! they seem to be moving quicker now

Well done Jam121. I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

Did you have any issues with your medical or was it plain sailing??

Mickey2186.

Well done Jam! Are you excited? :D

hi guys,
    as some of you know i sent my appeal letter on thur and they received it yesterday. they called me today and asked me to come up thursday and have bmi remeasured. i asked the guy if bmi is ok do i pass and he said yes. he said they were looking to get me into march 16th intake. bmi currently 28 so well within limit. heres hoping.

might be seeing you soon jam121

Justaquestion,

That's good news!!

Just take some laxatives for the next day or so and you will lose another few pounds!! LOL:)

Mickey2186.

• Advertisement

already on it mickey lol

Excellent news!

Have a good dinner the night before to make sure you have a bowel movement in the morning. Have a light breakfast, wear a tracksuit as aposed to Jeans and not much in the way of fluids on the day. Make sure you stand really upright when your height is being taken and be sure to note the result yourself.

I'm sure you'll be grand!

Good luck.

Martin.

PSNI

i thought this was answered before but i couldnt find the post. its in regards to locations and where we will be based.
    all things going to plan ill be starting next month. what are the rules around locations. how many can you pick and decline etc etc

Justaquestion,

I know your question wasn’t directed at me and I’m not qualified to answer but I may be able to help a little. From what PSNI has told me and what I’ve read I think it works like this;

Around 10 weeks you can elect 4 DCU’s in rank order where you would like to be stationed.
    The day before attestation you find out which district you have been allocated.
    Nothing is guaranteed but they try to give everyone their first choice.

Factors which may affect this seem to be marital status, house ownership etc. If you are young, have no mortgage and single you are less likely to get your first choice than a married home owner with dependants.

Hope that makes sense.

Martin.

yeah thanks a lot . much appreciated. i have a child under a year and live with him and my fiance so i think its dependants. we dont mind moving, we just dont want to move to derry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's exactly what MartinC2006 said. You get to request 4 DCUs in order of preference.
    PSNI

i thought this was answered before but i couldnt find the post. its in regards to locations and where we will be based.
    all things going to plan ill be starting next month. what are the rules around locations. how many can you pick and decline etc etc

I got a call yesterday from PSNI, but I missed it and the girl who rang is off today!! No-one else can tell me anything, have to wait for her to ring me. Do you think I can get my hopes up??????

I just got confirmation - I'm in - starting 16th March!!!!!

congratulations letto, all ur waitin is over, lucky u! hope u dont mind me asking but what place were u in the merit pool?

• Advertisement

don't know if we are supposed to put exact no. on -but I'm lower than 250 and higher than 200 and from non-RC background

congrats leetho. maybe be seeing you there

Congrats!

Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Ethan321

Well done tho those getting a start, good stuff.

By the way would i be right in saying that looking at the dates they are doing intakes every 5 weeks?

was there an intake in Feb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

well done all who are getting in, i am high enough up merit pool for a place although when i phoned today they say they are still vetting me,they had my vetting forms from november so i think it`s time to start panicing now seeing as everyone elses has been done by now

• Advertisement

Pok

Y

Congrats Lettho!

I'm sure you will enjoy the training!!

Did they tell you your merit pool number today?

Regards.

Mickey2186

Ta Mickey

Yeah, I nearly forgot to ask! She was really nice and jokely said I must be about the only one who hadn't rang looking for it already!

Check out one of my earlier posts for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Congrats Lettho
    Well done. Just the rest of us waiting now to see whats happenening with us lol. Ive just read 'psni's'post ref what to bring with you if you get in lol think i'll join the boys brigade instead. It reminds me of the days i was in the RAF, only thing is i was 16 then and now im 34.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement