Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SFMCC

Hi Lady Vi
    I think the reason they asked for photos of my tattoos was because they are on my upper arm and they wanted to see if they were visible in short sleeves. Tattoos are acceptable if they are non-sectarian/offensive or obscence and vague area regarding size.Just phoned and have passed vetting and I am on the merit list - I don't hold out much hope this time, but have role plays again next month so hears hoping -
    SFMCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Yes dahling but are they Dior???????????????:D

No, I think they'll be 'Dire' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

SFMCC wrote: »
    Hi Lady Vi
    I think the reason they asked for photos of my tattoos was because they are on my upper arm and they wanted to see if they were visible in short sleeves. Tattoos are acceptable if they are non-sectarian/offensive or obscence and vague area regarding size.Just phoned and have passed vetting and I am *** on the merit list - I don't hold out much hope this time, but have role plays again next month so hears hoping -
    SFMCC

Don't discount yourself just yet. There was a person from this board who had a merit pool number in the 700s who got called up for one of the last intakes there. You never know, you could get the call for the August one, so think positive!

Your score in the merit pool is personally identifying as well. Consensia monitor these boards, you shouldn't divulge your pool number for that reason.

Just phoned and have passed vetting and I am 7** on the merit list - I don't hold out much hope this time, but have role plays again next month so hears hoping -
    SFMCC

It was worth the phone call then. Your success now lies with your background. I've hidden your merit number, may be better if you do to. That number is unique to you and easily identified by Consensia/PSNI who monitor these boards.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

JVB wrote: »
    No, I think they'll be 'Dire' :D

:D:D:D:D
    I dont care - i just want to get as far as to be able to complain about the boots, bulling them or otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

• Advertisement

doug-26, may need to amend your quoted post above as it has the specific merit number in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

doug-26, may need to amend your quoted post above as it has the specific merit number in it.
    Whoops! Cheers JBV, fixed it. I should practice what I preach sometimes, eh!

doug-26 wrote: »
    Whoops! Cheers JBV, fixed it. I should practice what I preach sometimes, eh!

:D Cheers mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Well i have officially finished any dealings with Land Law ill hopefully ever have to do today! Have a nice little exam on friday to finish off on Policing in a democratic society so shud be a breath of fresh air in comparison. Anybody got any idea what the teaching in garnerville comprises of? ive got a rough idea but dont know too much about it

Whats goin down on here then! anyone has AC today/yesterday? Any scandal?Anyone else been banned? :pac:

Cheers JVB
    Didn't realise
    SFMCC

• Advertisement

Maura2145 wrote: »
    Well i have officially finished any dealings with Land Law ill hopefully ever have to do today! Have a nice little exam on friday to finish off on Policing in a democratic society so shud be a breath of fresh air in comparison. Anybody got any idea what the teaching in garnerville comprises of? ive got a rough idea but dont know too much about it

Whats goin down on here then! anyone has AC today/yesterday? Any scandal?Anyone else been banned? :pac:

Maura, not sure about teaching at Garnerville, but bagsy sitting next to you in class with all your studies ;)

Just general chit-chat at the moment. No scandals. Shall we start one? :p

haha youll change your mind wen i get my results prob

Plus by the time i get to Garnerville any knowledge will be long gone :(

Yea lets do it. Vicious rumour?

Maura2145 wrote: »
    haha youll change your mind wen i get my results prob

Plus by the time i get to Garnerville any knowledge will be long gone :(

Yea lets do it. Vicious rumour?

That'll do. I heard that Consensia has reduced the IST pass mark to 20 next year :eek:

*Joking*

:eek:.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi all

to anyone out there who out there is like me :mad:waitting :mad:on there vetting to be done by an GS:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, i was on the phone to vetting today and the girl on the other end told be that its not encouraged to to call vetting dep. but some poeole have done it and there vetting was with the psni within a few weeks.

there number is 050427300

open tuesday to friday 09.00 to 13.00

in the vetting unit for an GS there is 6 gardai and two serg.s and the poor feckers got to do the who country:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Scania580

:)Hey, chap i started reading from the start of this and your the one apart from psni that appears the most!Its hard to imaging how long you have been involved in this? I made a half hearted attempt this may thinking"no one in their right mind would want this job,so ill walk in"I WAS WRONG!
    Wonder how many others thought the same.Anyway, sorry to ramble,,,,but are you in now? its like watching a soap and wanting to know what happens tomorrow! At, 41 im not sure i could apply again,and again,but ill give it another go in april 2009.
    Fair play for posting all you have so far,and keep up the good work!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lady_vi

Hi Lady Vi
    I think the reason they asked for photos of my tattoos was because they are on my upper arm and they wanted to see if they were visible in short sleeves. Tattoos are acceptable if they are non-sectarian/offensive or obscence and vague area regarding size.Just phoned and have passed vetting and I am on the merit list - I don't hold out much hope this time, but have role plays again next month so hears hoping -
    SFMCC

Phew, thanks for the info. When I got my tattoos they were purposely picked as tribal to have no meaning so there shouldn't be a problem. I really hope we hear something this week as if I get the call I wouldn't have to go to C14 AC on Monday. Just a straight yes or no would be good before next week I'm dreading the AC again.

Oh and MrsGeneHunt if we get in we'll have to celebrate with some Jimmy Choos! Daaaling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Hi

Nope, I have not went for campaign 14. If I don't get in from the previous campaign then that's me I'm afraid. Been working my butt off at the gym for my medical on Monday!
    In good health but think reading over the forum and seeing how many people have failed med for small things has made me worry and I'm up to high dooh!
    Iv had a private medical and all seems fine so have some back up reports in case they go to fail me. Usually if they do fail you ya need to go get such reports etc so I just thought I'd be one step ahead as I want in sooner rather than later.

Alan

O had my personal fitness trainer today - I can without doubt now confirm I hate him I hate him I hate him lol. Seriously I was put threw the paces today alright. So so so sore and after I completed it I had to go play a golf comp. Dreading tomorrow morning, I am sure I wont be able to get out of bed.
    Nice hot bath on the run now mind you.............aaahhhhh

Hey girl

How are you? Any training for you today then?

• Advertisement

lady_vi wrote: »

Oh and MrsGeneHunt if we get in we'll have to celebrate with some Jimmy Choos! Daaaling.

DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will join yas with my Crockett and Jones shoes hehe..........£330 . Your Shoes are only cheapies (kidding)

Hey girl

How are you? Any training for you today then?

Oh yes, worked my ass off tonight at the gym, weights and bike. Seriously, I think my legs and arms might fall off during the night.

But well pleased cause trainer had cranked it up a notch tonight and I did it all!! Every last bad ass rep. ( cue Rocky music)

Sounds like your guy is a real tough cookie. But they get results dont they!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bookemdanno

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    Anyword yet for the August intake for the C13'ers.
    We may get word this week....fingers double crossed.
    The posts on here are getting better, its a pity they were'nt about back in 2001 when i started trying lol

Wanalaugh

Well, my fingers are crossed and my toes are crossed and my legs are crossed that we here this Friday because its the other halves birthday so would be a double celebration,

I know what you mean about this site, it has been a long process:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Oh yes, worked my ass off tonight at the gym, weights and bike. Seriously, I think my legs and arms might fall off during the night.

But well pleased cause trainer had cranked it up a notch tonight and I did it all!! Every last bad ass rep. ( cue Rocky music)

Sounds like your guy is a real tought cookie. But they get results dont they!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I swear I found the running so so much more easy. I am only at the trainer a week !!
    Got one more session on Sunday at 2. He had me sprinting then cycling then rowing then medicine ball then steps on this big box then onto boxing then back to sprints then squats then same again and again until the hour was up. I couldn't walk properly coming out of the place lol. But def looking forward to the results, It actually does get addictive to be honest.

Yeah I swear I found the running so so much more easy. I am only at the trainer a week !!
    Got one more session on Sunday at 2. He had me sprinting then cycling then rowing then medicine ball then steps on this big box then onto boxing then back to sprints then squats then same again and again until the hour was up. I couldn't walk properly coming out of the place lol. But def looking forward to the results, It actually does get addictive to be honest.

You will kick ass at your med on Monday mate. You are a prime specimen of a man ( well I imagine you are anyway with all that weight training!):D

Lol

Lets just say I'm a specimen all right hehe.
    Right girl, I am off for a hot bath, try soothe this aching limbs, muscles,lungs, blah blah blah.
    Chat to yas all tomorrow.

Alan x

O and good luck to anyone doing their Ac tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

People on here are putting ideas in my head, Im keeping my phone close by just incase, although theres probably little chance of hearing anything anytime soon.

People on here are putting ideas in my head, Im keeping my phone close by just incase, although theres probably little chance of hearing anything anytime soon.

Hope you get the good news today mate. You deserve it.

Stop worrying and try put it out of your head. Wouldn't it be nice though if it did come today?

Chat laterz

• Advertisement

Stop worrying and try put it out of your head. Wouldn't it be nice though if it did come today?

:eek: You're a cruel man :eek: That's reverse psychology if ever I saw it! :D

GCPC: I hope you hear soon too buddy.

Signed: Devils Advocate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

HI guys,
    Hope you are all well. I'm busting to hear something for C13 before Monday :eek:. I doubt I'll get my vetting and a phone call before then. Do they send a letter re vetting or just a call? Fingers crossed anyway. Just knowing I had the job would be great cos I'm still temping and would love a bit of security over the summer.

MAKEPEACE wrote: »
    HI guys,
    Hope you are all well. I'm busting to hear something for C13 before Monday :eek:. I doubt I'll get my vetting and a phone call before then. Do they send a letter re vetting or just a call? Fingers crossed anyway. Just knowing I had the job would be great cos I'm still temping and would love a bit of security over the summer.

Hey there,

They dont let you know if your vetting is complete, people only know because they have phoned up to ask what point in the process they are at. They will tell you if your vetting is complete if you ask.

Someone had posted the number and extension you have to ring a few pages back if your interested.

Technically then the next stage after medical is a yey or ney call ahhh! I've been waiting for a letter or something re vetting doh! :o I wonder if it is ok to call or would they be mad? I might call on my lunch.

MAKEPEACE wrote: »
    Technically then the next stage after medical is a yey or ney call ahhh! I've been waiting for a letter or something re vetting doh! :o I wonder if it is ok to call or would they be mad? I might call on my lunch.

MAKEPEACE, the girls in recruitment branch (I've only spoken to girls thus far) are all nice and have always been helpful. They will tell you if your vetting is ongoing (they can't divulge reasons for it not being completed) or if you have passed vetting. They will also advise of your merit score if you ask. But as I think you're already aware, the next you will hear is a phone call or a letter advising that they are ready to offer you a training place.

Recruitment branch: 02890 650222 Ext 24387

Good luck & let us know ;)

Makepeace
    I got the same information from JVB and he was spot on - very friendly at human resources. Good lucK
    SFMCC

• Advertisement

Dont have my UID number I think I'll wait till tomorrow when I have that to hand. Normally my bag is coming down with letters but I just cleared it out the other day.

Hi All
    I was speaking to a friend who applied the same time as me and is from the south originally. She did the medical in feb 08 and phoned yesterday and her vetting isn't complete. With places already being allocated does that mean she will lose out on this campaign. Or do they hold places subject to vetting. Any info appreciated.
    Cheers
    SFMCC

They didn't ask me for it, just your name and address.

Hi All
    I was speaking to a friend who applied the same time as me and is from the south originally. She did the medical in feb 08 and phoned yesterday and her vetting isn't complete. With places already being allocated does that mean she will lose out on this campaign. Or do they hold places subject to vetting. Any info appreciated.
    Cheers
    SFMCC

If your friend has a high enough merit score and from down south (so RC I assume) his/her place will be held until vetting is secured. There is no 'cut off' for campaigns. All the best

Hi Guys,
    All good yippee! Although my merit score has moved from last time dont know if that is normal. :confused: Cheers for the advice. Would just love to get word now because this is really what I want to do. :D

• Advertisement

Guys this is killing me. I'm just sittin by the phone hoping and praying for some good news. What a weekend we would have? Has anyone heard for sure when they are ringing? I'm too scared to ring about my vetting encase it's still ongoing. I'm just wondering how far back people have been waiting? My medical was last month and vetting shortly before that but seems people have been waiting even longer.

Has anyone heard for sure when they are ringing?

Guys I think I read on an earlier post that recruitment will advise successful candidates 6 weeks before the next draft, which is Sunday 3rd August. So 6 weeks prior to this is Fri 20 / Mon 23 June - which is next weekend :eek: Sorry to be the messenger of doom but I don't think the calls for August will be going out this week :confused: Any thoughts?

Guys I think I read on an earlier post that recruitment will advise successful candidates 6 weeks before the next draft, which is Sunday 3rd August. So 6 weeks prior to this is Fri 20 / Mon 23 August - which is next weekend :eek: Sorry to be the messenger of doom but I don't think the calls for August will be going out this week :confused: Any thoughts?

Yeah I had a thought it'd be next week but phone is still glued to me. It's even worse because I'm off this week with nothing to do. I need to get a life people! I'm getting myself all wound up, think I need to bann myself from these boards for a few weeks before I go nutty.

Yeah I had a thought it'd be next week but phone is still glued to me. It's even worse because I'm off this week with nothing to do. I need to get a life people! I'm getting myself all wound up, think I need to bann myself from these boards for a few weeks before I go nutty.

Just be pro-avtive in your approach, say something for psni to ban you. Call me a **** if you want. I'll take one for the team for you :D
    Seriously though, you can't let it rule your life waiting around. I know it looks like I'm unemployed posting all day :D but I use my PC/Internet for work so this site is minimised all day :p

Well folks the long wait for some of us is over. Got phone call and I hope to see you all when you join me on 3rd August. Good luck to all of you waiting on phone calls.:):):):):)

Well folks the long wait for some of us is over. Got phone call and I hope to see you all when you join me on 3rd August. Good luck to all of you waiting on phone calls.:):):):):)

Very very well done

Wish I was in your shoes! What a good weekend you will be having:D

I need to just claim down and breathe.I actually went quite insane there, got all over excited. This is what has happened to all the C13ers, we're loosing it (OK maybe just me).

Thanks for the offer JVB very supportive I have to say! That's the team spirit but it's OK I couldn't possibly call you a ******er. You've calmed me down now. Ha.

OMG CONGRATS TO THE PHONE CALL PEOPLE! I didn't get a call so had reasoned with myself that it would be another while. I'll not lie, I am insanely jealous right now but over the moon for yous. (Sniff sniff, suck it up Lady Vi)

Hope yas get the call today peeps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aliken

Hi Everybody,
    I have been a long time reader of this thread but only got round to posting now. Just to let you know I have just had a phone call offering me a place for the 3rd of August intake, can't quite take it in yet! Good luck everyone and thanks for all the great posts!

aliken wrote: »
    Hi Everybody,
    I have been a long time reader of this thread but only got round to posting now. Just to let you know I have just had a phone call offering me a place for the 3rd of August intake, can't quite take it in yet! Good luck everyone and thanks for all the great posts!

well done Aliken

Best of luck for August

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement