Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment (Archived)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lady_vi

Hey PYG

You will only recieve your pass fail letter, the break down of scores follows a good few months after whether or not you've passed.

It's really hard to predict what you've got as the scoring applies to every compentency within each role play. You are scored out of 5 for each compentency depending on hold relevent your answers were.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it will probably be quite some time before you get your breakdown of scores but at least you don't have to wait that long for your results. Finegrs crossed for you.
    Hey,

Im sure this questions has been asked and answered before, but to be honsest i dont have the time to trawl through 100's of pages, so here goes.

When consensia sent out pass/fail AC letters do they tell you your mark ie 35/70 etc

Thanks

Ps iv been pre-calculating my score from monday, and its coming out at 47/70, hardly the greatest but i bet the real results will be much lower:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Hey,

Im sure this questions has been asked and answered before, but to be honsest i dont have the time to trawl through 100's of pages*, so here goes.

When consensia sent out pass/fail AC letters do they tell you your mark ie 35/70 etc

Thanks

Ps iv been pre-calculating my score from monday, and its coming out at 47/70, hardly the greatest but i bet the real results will be much lower:o

* You lazy moo :D:D:D

PYG. You get your AC score much later from Consensia. It's a comprehensive feedback report and I believe it's approx 4/5 months after AC's start. Mine arrived in Feb this year and AC's for C13 started around Sept/Oct 07.

Don't know how you've calculated your own AC score??? I mean how do you know how you performed in relation to the competencies tested???

You'll just get yourself all worked up for no reason. Are we going to talk about postmen again soon? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pmk

@ papayankiegirl, they only tell you that you pass/fail, you then have to wait months for your feedback from consensia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

lady_vi wrote: »
    Hey PYG

You will only recieve your pass fail letter, the break down of scores follows a good few months after whether or not you've passed.

It's really hard to predict what you've got as the scoring applies to every compentency within each role play. You are scored out of 5 for each compentency depending on hold relevent your answers were.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it will probably be quite some time before you get your breakdown of scores but at least you don't have to wait that long for your results. Finegrs crossed for you.

Thanks.

Consensia said 6 weeks for pass/fail

and

End of october for breakdown of scores etc (thought they mighta sent just your mark with the pass/fail letter)

Anyway thanks again

JVB wrote: »
    * You lazy moo :D:D:D

PYG. You get your AC score much later from Consensia. It's a comprehensive feedback report and I believe it's approx 4/5 months after AC's start. Mine arrived in Feb this year and AC's for C13 started around Sept/Oct 07.

Don't know how you've calculated your own AC score??? I mean how do you know how you performed in relation to the competencies tested???

You'll just get yourself all worked up for no reason. Are we going to talk about postmen again soon? :D

Na, no postman talk for about another 5 weeks. Though i am waiting for apptitude results for police support team:o

Na, no postman talk for about another 5 weeks. Though i am waiting for apptitude results for police support team:o

OH JAYSUS!!!! :D

OH JAYSUS!!!! :D

Oh jaysus what??????:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

friday 13th today good luck to all those doing the ac today i prefer to think its lucky for some

O M G!!!! Friday 13th, hell knows wat will go wrong!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Oh jaysus what??????:(

More Results ... Postman ... Letters for you to worry about :eek:

I'm only kidding with ya ;)

• Advertisement

More Results ... Postman ... Letters for you to worry about :eek:

I'm only kidding with ya ;)

Dont worry the results just came:p

Dont worry the results just came:p

And???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

and then there were 3 !!:):):)

Just had phone call from External Appointments confirming place on 3rd Aug intake !!! So congrats to Aliken and Bookemdano, I'll be seeing you there !!

hope many more get 'The phone call' today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Par827 wrote: »

Just had phone call from External Appointments confirming place on 3rd Aug intake !!! So congrats to Aliken and Bookemdano, I'll be seeing you there !!

brillant news:):)!! well done and congratulations!! id say your weekend will involve drinks all round:D

And???

Passed, have to go through medical, vetting and then end up in merit pool just like the officer recruitment, (this is only for and office job in the PSNI)

Congrats, once again I'm weeeeellll jealous.

Given1 check your PM think I got that wrong obviously the calls are goin out then!

Well done Par827, I bet that was a shock when you answered the phone. I'm really pleased for you. See you there in Nov ;)

Passed, have to go through medical, vetting and then end up in merit pool just like the officer recruitment, (this is only for and office job in the PSNI)

Another big congrats due to PYG. You go girl!

• Advertisement

OMG What a nightmare :eek: That's double stress in your life. Well congratulations on passing the admin test too. Hopefully you'll get the nod from the officer selection first (think we better leave this subject or we'll confuse peeps out there with you having 2 apps running ;))

Congrats, once again I'm weeeeellll jealous.

Given1 check your PM think I got that wrong obviously the calls are goin out then!

lol told ya:Dill have a look now!!

congrats on progressing in that post, hope the police officer one works out quicker:) seems good news is in order for this weekend....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭soozb82

This is absolute torture! Inever thought they would be phoning so early, if I hadn't come on here I wouldn't even be thinking about this yet! I don't think I can wait another month!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 stephen142

Heya all.

Good to hear some are getting on and starting their (and my own) dream career.

Few questions from me though as some posters here have put doubt into my mind lol.

k firstly:
    1) When you get the results of the AC in the letter (if you PASS) do you get a date for your medical in that same letter as the results??

and
    2) What happens if you miss the call for the august intake? Like what if someone was in the shower, or anything?
    Do they recall and recall or do they send a letter?

Thanks, if you can clear this up for me,

Stephen142.

stephen142 wrote: »
    Heya all.

Few questions from me though as some posters here have put doubt into my mind lol.

k firstly:
    1) When you get the results of the AC in the letter (if you PASS) do you get a date for your medical in that same letter as the results??

and
    2) What happens if you miss the call for the august intake? Like what if someone was in the shower, or anything?

hey stephen 142 for the first question, no the medical will come seperatley at a later date as consensia are no longer involved as it is transfered to the PSNI

the second question im not to sure, i would say they would ring a few times and if they cnt get hold of ya, you will more likley receive news by letter!
    hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

they come seperatly stephen. because even if you pass the AC it does not mean you will be offered a medical and vetting.

from previous post i believe they send you out a welcome pack in the post aswell

stephen142 wrote: »
    Heya all.

k firstly:

and

Thanks, if you can clear this up for me,

Stephen142.

Unfortunately you only get an AC pass or fail letter, it explains that everything has now been refered back to PSNI and Consencia are done with you apart from sending out breakdown of AC results in a few months time. You will probably recieve your vetting forms 1st and then a medical date.

Once it's your turn for intakes your place is guarenteed. So if you miss the call you will recieve a letter, you then have to option to defer etc so you will never just loose your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Monkeymagic824

Hey all Congatulations those who are in on 3rd Aug....

I just found out my vetting was finished and my file had been sent to appointments which is good news.

Does anyone know what range of merit numbers they are calling up????

hi

if you ring the psni exchange and ask for the vetting department, i rang yesterday. i didnt want to but had to lol the lady was very nice and said it had all been passed now i just have to wait to hear from appointments.

I wish they would tell me even if i didnt start for months at least i could relax, im going grey here lol :eek:

I phoned them yesterday and the girl was really nice. I didn't need my UID. I just wish I'd asked them why a merit number had gone down even if they couldn't tell me specifically. The ext number for recruitment was posted a few pages ago but I believe if you call 02890650222 and asked to put through to this branch they will.

• Advertisement

Sorry disregard last post I thought you were looking for your merit number but the vetting number is the same and then ask for vetting dept. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jonesville

congrats those of you have got the call up for August, must be relieved to finally here some news.

I'm off this afternoon so sitting here reading the forum whilst continuously glancing at the phone trying to jedi mind trick it into ringing!
    I must get a life really :o

i did my medical in march or april i cant remember hmmmmmmmmm it seems so long ago.

I did mine in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

well done!! Although you knew you were in for August already didn't you?

Everyone is staring at their phone today I bet, would be better not having found this forum at this point then you would be none the wiser and not thinking about it :D

Ill second that GCBC. I've been staring at this forum solidly for the last 2days and my phone is glued by my side. I'm sure everyones sick of hearing me.

I know my score isn't the best but did have a glimmer of hope after passing medical and Vetting. That's usually the way they've worked it up until now. Looks like Friday 13th isn't such a lucky day for some of this lot. Well chuffed they've got in, maybe not so lucky for us but hey never say never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

Thanks GCBC,

Yes, I had had a call back in Apr/May offering a place and allowing me to defer, but its always a relief when you get the call to say you haven't been forgotten about or slipped through the net !

For those who were asking earlier, my merit was +300 and I'm RC.

Hopefully these pages will start filling up with smillies tonight when people get home from work and can pass on the good news:p:p:p

Guess I'll be doing the a/c centre again then :(

At what point will we know the August ship has sailed?

Wonder when september calls will be going out?

pardon my language but here we ****in go again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭soozb82

Gonna be a long weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Well done Par and
    Well done PYG.............

Again I am very very jealous of yas. Did anyone know my eyes are green !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Again I am very very jealous of yas. Did anyone know my eyes are green !

I thought they were blue......:eek:
    Mine are green:D

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

I thought they were blue......:eek:
    Mine are green:D

LOL

Green with envy ya clutz lol.
    They are blue ........I think anyways!

Well guys I didn't sleep one bit last night. Had a lot on my mind and I'm being serious , not a single minute I got and I am shattered now.
    This process doesn't half take it out of ya.

Hope yas all have a lovely weekend peeps and monday brings good news to all(myself included).

Be good x

Alan

Well guys I didn't sleep one bit last night. Had a lot on my mind and I'm being serious , not a single minute I got and I am shattered now.
    This process doesn't half take it out of ya.

Calm down, calm down ( best said with a Scouse accent methinks)

Try and relax, you will be fine and we are all rooting for you.:D

Everyone will have fingers crossed for you on Monday, let us know how you get on.

Chin up:p

but hey never say never!

Spot on Lady Vi - Goonies never say die!!!:D

It aint over til the fat lady sings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

Is there definitely an intake in sept???:(

There has to be one, 5 weeks after 3 August so it is.

You still waiting jim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

There has to be one, 5 weeks after 3 August so it is.

You still waiting jim?
    Yeah mate still waiting, called monday and my vetting is still on going so i dont think i will be getting the call for aug:(

Unlikely to be August if its still not done yet. Did it have to go to guards I take it?

I haven't rang recruitment since Jan and I dont intend to, I assume the vetting is done its been away nearly 4 months.

The waiting is a killer, would of loved a call today and been able to celebrate at the chemical brothers tomorrow, but will have to keep an eye on the phone next week.

Just a question for those who got called, is it a witheld number that calls?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bookemdanno

Unlikely to be August if its still not done yet. Did it have to go to guards I take it?

I haven't rang recruitment since Jan and I dont intend to, I assume the vetting is done its been away nearly 4 months.

The waiting is a killer, would of loved a call today and been able to celebrate at the chemical brothers tomorrow, but will have to keep an eye on the phone next week.

Just a question for those who got called, is it a witheld number that calls?

Yes well mine came up no number available, hope it comes soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement