Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horizons-medicine and german/irish?

• 28-06-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

just a quick question, i'm hoping to get into medicine in ucd this coming yr and was wondering is it possible to do a language with it through horizon scheme such as German and or Irish>it would seem such a waste to lose my languages after attending gaelscoil and speaking almost fluent german. Would love to hear from anyone who is doing med and doing the horizon scheme with it. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Dunno about german but free irish courses are run throughout the year independently of your actual course (eg. you wont get credit for them).
    Im sure the applied languages centre will also have something for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

My flatmate did medicne with Italian this year so I cant see why you wouldnt be able to do it with German/Italian.
    Though my flatmate had little to no time for studying her Italian as medicne is pretty hectic enough as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm in engineering and every single language class I've had there's been med students in it. If you've already got a high level then it'd be a waste not to do it and many of my friends continued German and loved it

Advertisement