Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HPI check for english reg car

Options
  • 28-06-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Can a HPI check be done without the use of a english registered credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Yes it can. Go to:

http://www.hpicheck.com

It's best to use both the registration number AND chassis number when doing checks to ensure they match up.

They will post a report to Ireland. In fact of you keep adding info to the report they will send you out subsequent reports.

Just as an aside, make sure you ring the main dealer where the car was serviced. Just ask fr their service department & they will give you a blow by blow account of the service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

turbo wrote:
    Can a HPI check be done without the use of a english registered credit card?

You can do it online for £39.95. Shouldn't matter where the credit card is from, but I don't know if they will post the full report to ROI. You have nothing to lose by trying.

Just beat me to it Rebel !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

sesswhat wrote:
    You can do it online for £39.95. Shouldn't matter where the credit card is from, but I don't know if they will post the full report to ROI. You have nothing to lose by trying.
    They will post it here, i've done it a few times.
    OP - You'll need a lot more than just the UK reg no & VIN no, you'll also need the V5 number & date of issue. Basically, the more info the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

thanks for the links

got it done and was well worth it, found some dodgy info about a car i was going to buy, dealer is in big trouble !!

Advertisement