Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlos Tevez

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,425 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, but it's still too defensive.
    Imagine a midfield of Carrick and Hargreaves, who are broadly similar to say Alonso and Mascherano, if you play those two against a team like Derby next season, it's just not attacking enough to win all of those types of games, in those games, United need to play say Carrick and Scholes, or for Liverpool, Alonso and Gerrard, at which point, a lot less defensive cover is offered, and imo, the Liverpool back four has not been tested there.
    well yeah - i agree - but i actually think we will see Carrick and Hargreaves in midfield together a lot next season, with scholes either benched, or playing off the striker.

Against the 'smaller' teams we'll go more attacking, but then so would liverpool i imagine - with Gerrard being moved from out wide to a central position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

so anyway....

Where's Tevez going ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,425 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zabbo wrote:
    so anyway....

Where's Tevez going ?
    :D

United hopefully - we really do need to sign another striker.

Won't know til mid-july anyway, imo, as we'll need to wait for the Copa America to end, or at least Argentina's participation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

zabbo wrote:
    so anyway....

Where's Tevez going ?

Defensive midfielder for Liverpool who can create goals from nothing. :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PHB wrote:
    Only because it is defensivly balanced, do you think the Defence would have been as good with Carrick and Scholes as the midfield in front of them?

No i don't think it would be a good. Mainly because Uniteds central midfield isn't as good as Liverpools. So any team would suffer if you replaced their central midfield with one that wasn't as good.

The only point i was making is that Liverpool have, IMO, the joint top defense in the league this year. and the best in the league last year.

They have no issues with their defence, only issue is quality in the final third.

Tevez and Torres would certainly rectify that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Whoops, I'm sorry, I thought this was the Carlos Tevez thread!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

pretty sure my thread mentions him the same amount as yours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just because United won the league playing attack-minded football, it doesn't mean that it's the only way to do it. For Chelsea's titles, the whole team shielded the defence when not on the ball.

Liverpool can win the league with two deep midfielders. Rafa did it in Spain with Valencia, and that's a much more attack-minded league.

Liverpool could with that formation but not without wingers. In my opinion they still need two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, but it's still too defensive.
    Imagine a midfield of Carrick and Hargreaves, who are broadly similar to say Alonso and Mascherano, if you play those two against a team like Derby next season, it's just not attacking enough to win all of those types of games, in those games, United need to play say Carrick and Scholes, or for Liverpool, Alonso and Gerrard, at which point, a lot less defensive cover is offered, and imo, the Liverpool back four has not been tested there.
    Carrick and Hargreaves will be playing together a lot next season. Ferguson said in a press conference before the Milan match that he wants to model his team on the Milan system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah that's true, I remember him saying that...

Advertisement