Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Didnt Leave Money For My Personal Loan! Please Help

Options
  • 28-06-2007 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi I have a major problem and am looking for any avaliable advice...I have a personal loan with BoI that is taken out of my account every week(am friday) via derict debit but the trouble is I didnt leave any money in the bank for tomorrow?Is der anything I could do? Could I go to the bank tomrrow and lodge the money back in withou it affecting my credit rating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

No expert here but do you know what time of the day it's usually taken out at, maybe from previous bank statements? As far as i know if you lodge money tomorrow it should be available to be taken out immediately. Is AM Friday before the bank opens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

That not really a major problem. You'll get charged €12.60 for not having enough money and they'll try again in 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 packofpeas

Em at oo.oo am as far as I know!And is it not a big deal?Will it not affect my credit rating when I wish to get another loan???????

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lodge the money and tell them to check it. Its quite possible that they'll cancel any possible charge.

I doubt it will affect your credit rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eragon

It won't affect your credit rating at all. If it did nobody would ever get a second loan and the banks would go out of business. Just don't make a habit of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

This will seriously screw up your credit rating. I work in a bank so I know these things. Dont ever expect a mortgage/car loan.

Also, expect the gardai at your door sometime tomorrow evening. :cool: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

packofpeas wrote:
    Hi I have a major problem and am looking for any avaliable advice...I have a personal loan with BoI that is taken out of my account every week(am friday) via derict debit but the trouble is I didnt leave any money in the bank for tomorrow?Is der anything I could do? Could I go to the bank tomrrow and lodge the money back in withou it affecting my credit rating.

You could lodge some money for a start......

If a d/d is raised and there is not enough money to meet it, the d/d is raised again in 2 days time. After the 3rd time questions will be asked. So the moral of the story is to make sure that you have enough money in your a/c to meet the payment. That way you should have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

1 missed payment shouldn't be the end of the world. Get some money in to cover it asap.

Lorax, don't troll this forum. PM me in a week if you can think of a good reason why you should be let back on this board. It's not like you aren't aware of how to behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Having just been in the same situation as you, only worse i know your pain.
    Im with ulster bank and they will actually pay it and charge you as long as your account is usually in credit etc. I had way too much to come out so i got an agreed overdraft facility.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sure i'm €-136 at the moment. Totally forgot about the monthly payment. Its not that big a deal...afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

orla wrote:
    That not really a major problem. You'll get charged €12.60 for not having enough money and they'll try again in 10 days.
    It depends which bank the money is coming from. Didn't specifiy BOI.

Anyway, I'd never recommend someone to use DDs, if its a fixed amount just use standing orders. Much less hassle.

Advertisement