Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road running versus Treadmills

• 28-06-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

What are the pros and benefits for both?

I'm hoping to give the marathon a blast this year. I'm not at all an experienced runner and am more doing this cos of a drunken bet. However, I am willing to take it very seriously and train properly.

I'm now running about 7k a couple of times a week with the plan to increase it in line with one of Hal Higden's (sp) plans.

However, I find running on the treadmills far easier than the roads. In fact the treadmill doesn't seem to hurt my shins at all but even a 1k run on roads hurts.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to continue running on the treadmills and keep on upping my mileage or should I run on the roads as well?

I do plan on running some public road races before the marathon.

If anyone could recommend any good physio/sports therapist who can help me with the shin splints would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement