Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharepoint 2007 MOSS 2007

Options
  • 28-06-2007 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

I have got my hands on a 10 user license for Moss 2007 and now I need to know where to begin. I have tried to find a course in Dublin but nothing available for a couple of months. I need to set up a company intranet / portal with some of the bells and whistles available in MOSS 2007. Any advice other than load it up and have a go yourself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Load it up and have a go yourself. Anything and everything that you need seems to be on the Microsoft site.

Coincidentally, I received an email last week from Bua Training saying that they are running a one day introduction course into SharePoint on July 31st for €315. I have no idea what they are like but it might be worth your while giving them a buzz.

Cheers

McGintyMcGoo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

A blonde question please, but in a quick 1 liner, what is Sharepoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

McGinty I was afraid that some one would suggest have a go. I am not a have a go kinda person. I would prefer to have some structure before I start. Thank you for the bit on Bua, I had a look but it refers to Sharepoint 2003 a previous ver. I have tried some of the larger training centres but there is a dearth of training available. For something that is supposed to be at the heart of Micorsoft products going forward there is very little info in this country anyway... I guess we will catch up soone......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The virtual labs are quite handy for getting started, they should at least get you to the point where you'd be more comfortable to start experimenting with it yourself.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/traincert/virtuallab/sharepoint.mspx

I'd recommend doing the installation and configuration ones first, then the feature walkthroughs, then maybe the enterprise search overview and the configure for that.

The way they work is to give you a remote desktop connection through your browser to a training machine in microsoft with text instructions down the side (or a downloadable pdf).

There's also a MOSS 2007 demo you can download which gives you all the features so you can install that, play around and uninstall when you're done. (you can choose the basic settings when installing this as a demo, altough for a live installation later it's better to go through the full setup)

• Advertisement
Advertisement