Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 107

Options
  • 28-06-2007 11:49pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am thinking about buying a new Peugeot 107 S 1.0 5door, which is currently priced at €12,155. Does anybody know anything about this type of car or have any feedback on Peugeots in general? Any comments would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Its not really a 'real' Peugeot as such in that its a venture between Citroen, Toyota and Peugeot, so comments about other Peugeots and reliability issues don't apply. However, having owned both Peugeots and Toyotas, I found that Toyota service departments are much more professional, competent and often cheaper than Peugeot service departments. You also get a three year warranty with the Aygo as opposed to a two year one with the 107. Although they're the same car, built in the same factory, you'll find that the Toyota will probably be worth a little more when you come to sell it, consumer perception being what it is. Trim levels differ between the three makes so you'd have to do a little research to see if there's some 'must have' that the Peugeot has and that the Toyota doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd go with the Aygo over the 107, as the warranty is better, the dealer network is better, and the resale should also be better. Unless you prefer the look of the Pug or you can get a better deal (which is unlikely, given the tiny margins the dealers have on them)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hmm.. I've been hearing good things about Toyotas lately and may change my mind about peugeots. The fact that only Peugeot dealers can repair them etc is what's putting me off now too.
    I was toying with the idea of getting an Aygo or a 107 so I think you guys have swayed my opinion. The 5 door Aygo Terra is what I'm considering.. had anyone heard anything positive/negative about this model? (if you want me to start a different thread just say so..)

The Terra seems to me to represent the best value as you don't seem to get any major gain in equipment for the extra money charged for the higher models. It looks very well in non-metallic red as well so you might consider saving money on the metallic paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Karyn wrote:
    Hmm.. I've been hearing good things about Toyotas lately and may change my mind about peugeots. .

Well its exactly the same car so any opinions of Peugrot/Toyota/Citroen when dealing with the 107/Aygo/c1 are irrelevant as the nly differences are cosmetic.

Karyn wrote:
    The fact that only Peugeot dealers can repair them etc is what's putting me off now too..

? How do you figure.

• Advertisement

I figure it's a pain having to find a Peugeot garage for repairs etc. I went to Quickfit once to get a spare wheel and was told they do them for every make except Peugeots.. I find it annoying.
    Stekelly wrote:
    Well its exactly the same car so any opinions of Peugrot/Toyota/Citroen when dealing with the 107/Aygo/c1 are irrelevant as the nly differences are cosmetic.
    But you get a better warranty with the Toyota Aygo. That's not cosmetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Get the Toyota, even if only because you get a year more of warranty cover than you do with Citroen or Peugeot.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is the C1 not a few hundred cheaper though? It's a trade off between an extra year or less money.It's strange that they dont give 3 yeas for them all, You'd imagine that Peu/Cit would realise Toyota garages are going to use it as a main selling point when people come in and are deciding between the 3.

I think I'd rather have the extra year.. I live in fear of the engine falling out a day after the warranty expires. :D
    I think I'll wait till January though (my car had to be NCTed in Dec so I'll scrap it then.) Would I get a good deal in January though- with many people buying cars that month I'm hoping for special offers or more competitive prices.. or will they be more expensive with the car buying frenzy.. :o

You're right Stekelly, you would think the other dealers would cop that on.

• Advertisement

My wife has had two Peugeots, and I've had one. No nightmare reliability stories but our experience of Peugeot dealers service hasn't been good. Service is offhand, expensive and in the case of one dealer, incompetent and careless (took two goes to diagnose a simple problem and managed to knock a chunk out of the back bumper to add insult to injury). In another case at another dealer, the service cost quoted over the phone was achieved by replacing a component that's not part of the standard service and that wasn't faulty - it was only a few euros worth but still...

As margins are tight on the car, buying in January won't make much if any difference especially as you'll be a cash buyer. Try a few dealers though - you'll probably squeeze a bit more out of one than the rest. Order it in November for January delivery and save yourself the hassle of trying to deal with an overworked salesperson in January - they've enough to do handing over the new ones at that stage.

Spit62500 wrote:
    The Terra seems to me to represent the best value as you don't seem to get any major gain in equipment for the extra money charged for the higher models. It looks very well in non-metallic red as well so you might consider saving money on the metallic paint.

The Aura is better value, it adds central locking with remote, side airbags, electric windows, colour coded mirrors and handles, split folding rear seat, better upholstry. the Terra is too basic for most people, and will surely lose more than the extra cost of the Aura second hand. who wants a car without leccie windows or central locking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

I'd go for the C1 - cheapest of the lot and looks the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

Karyn wrote:
    I am thinking about buying a new Peugeot 107 S 1.0 5door, which is currently priced at €12,155. Does anybody know anything about this type of car or have any feedback on Peugeots in general? Any comments would be appreciated. :)
    I don't really like them. They've ruined it in my opinion...before you'd get away with it looking like a normal hatchback, now it looks like the Toyota Aygo (or whatever that mini car is called). For that price, you could get a decent second hand Corsa (would be the old model though, so you wouldn't get a great re-sale value) or a second hand Honda Jazz.

the Aygo/107/C1 do phenomonal fuel economy for petrol cars, they're new, have a warranty, and are easier to manouvre and park in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye, I'd go with an aygo over the 107 any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

now it looks like the Toyota Aygo (or whatever that mini car is called).

That's cos it pretty much is an Aygo.

Stephen wrote:
    That's cos it pretty much is an Aygo.

apart from the outer body panels, they are all pretty much all the same thing.

Advertisement