Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Samsung Vs LG

• 29-06-2007 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey,

Was just thinking of buying a TV, and was surfing some sites and had a look around town today. I liked the look of the Samsungs and the LG's. I was always under the impression Samsung was better, but was talking to a guy and he'd just bought an LG and he said they were magic. LG is a good bit cheaper and everywhere seems to be doing deals on them. But I'd prefer to buy the better of the two regardless of price.

So basically anyone any experience on these brands and could you advice me on which one to buy, please???

Hope to buy in the next few days....

Thanks.

Samsung Vs LG, which one's a better LCD??? 7 votes

Samsung
    0% 0 votes
    LG
    100% 7 votes
    Sod those two buy another brand!!!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

panasonic tx-32lx70. best lcd out at the moment, by far.

around €1199 in town (dublin)

moe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Monty_123

big_moe wrote:
    panasonic tx-32lx70. best lcd out at the moment, by far.

around €1199 in town (dublin)

moe
    Hi Big Moe,

Where????? Think I'call in...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If you buy the Panasonic TODAY, you'll get a 5 year warranty. The offer ends today!

http://experiencewhatothersjustsee.com/

I thought LG and Samsung would be up there with the best

• Advertisement

the 5year panasonic warranty is extended throughout july.

lg and samsung are good at that price. but panasonic are streets ahead of anyone else.

moe

byte

Well, the 5 year warranty alone is good enough reason to buy Panasonic.

Plus Viera's have great picture and build quality as an added bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

Was in the same predicament as yourself there a few months ago.
    All my problems were solved however when i invested in the "what plasma " magazine in Easons ,or i am sure any good newsagents.
    It has a review of all current models available graded by different criteria on a one to 5 rating.
    I too was looking at a samsung however this magazine caused me to steer clear .In the end i went for a LG 50 inch and have not looked back.
    great review followed by great viewing .

What i did find so annoying was how lacking was the knowledge of the individuals who worked in the stores .They expect us to part with big bucks for equipment ,yet they populate their stores with individuals who have no understanding of knowledge of the differences in what they are selling.

Anyway ,good hunting.

byte

Monty_123 wrote:
    Personally, I wouldn't buy one. Iffy reliability, and unless things have improved, picture quality is a bit poor IMO.

• Advertisement

bemmet wrote:
    Was in the same predicament as yourself there a few months ago.
    All my problems were solved however when i invested in the "what plasma " magazine in Easons ,or i am sure any good newsagents.
    It has a review of all current models available graded by different criteria on a one to 5 rating.
    I too was looking at a samsung however this magazine caused me to steer clear .In the end i went for a LG 50 inch and have not looked back.
    great review followed by great viewing .

What i did find so annoying was how lacking was the knowledge of the individuals who worked in the stores .They expect us to part with big bucks for equipment ,yet they populate their stores with individuals who have no understanding of knowledge of the differences in what they are selling.

Anyway ,good hunting.

Thanks man, can I ask you why the magazine turned you off Samsung and on to LG???/?

Thanks again Byte.

Advertisement