Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb

Options
  • 29-06-2007 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Ok I'm really just getting pissed off with these. I got my invoice by email the other day, immediately the next day I went down to the bank and put the money I owe into it. I got an email just now saying money has not being paid, and if it's not paid in 3 days they will suspend my account. I'll just ring them up and get the same bullcrap "the money wasn't there". This isn't the first time this had happened. I'll be waiting weeks before they'll look for the money again - and to get my internet back. I'm just fed up with this crap. And plus their bandwidth caps are a pain in the arse. Thank God my contract is up in 3 months, so I can get rid of these suckers. I was actually thinking of upgrading but I'm not staying with these. I think I might just pay the cancellation fee to get rid of them and move onto someone else.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents, more like 3, but anyway I wanted to get that off my chest. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Truther wrote:
    Ok I'm really just getting pissed off with these. I got my invoice by email the other day, immediately the next day I went down to the bank and put the money I owe into it. I got an email just now saying money has not being paid, and if it's not paid in 3 days they will suspend my account. I'll just ring them up and get the same bullcrap "the money wasn't there". This isn't the first time this had happened. I'll be waiting weeks before they'll look for the money again - and to get my internet back. I'm just fed up with this crap. And plus their bandwidth caps are a pain in the arse. Thank God my contract is up in 3 months, so I can get rid of these suckers. I was actually thinking of upgrading but I'm not staying with these. I think I might just pay the cancellation fee to get rid of them and move onto someone else.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents, more like 3, but anyway I wanted to get that off my chest. :)

Perhaps you could give a few more details? You are presumably paying by direct debit? Digiweb should be giving you a minimum of fourteen days notice before they debit your account - are you saying that they did not give you this notice? If not have you pointed this out to them? Have you incurred additional bank charges as a result of any such failure to provide the proper timely notification? Normally when a direct debit is not paid the company will try again within a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Truther

dub45 wrote:
    Perhaps you could give a few more details? You are presumably paying by direct debit? Digiweb should be giving you a minimum of fourteen days notice before they debit your account - are you saying that they did not give you this notice? If not have you pointed this out to them? Have you incurred additional bank charges as a result of any such failure to provide the proper timely notification? Normally when a direct debit is not paid the company will try again within a few days.

Yeah direct debit. I don't have wages going into that account, so what I do is go down and pay it in. I got the invoice on the 15 of this month, but because I had bandwidth restrictions and so many emails every day I could not download emails to look at them. It wasn't till the 24th of this month when I saw it and paid it on the 25th. If it was just this time I wouldn't mind, because it was a bit my fault, but this is constantly happening and is just pushing my nerves. They won't even bother looking for the money, even when I tell them it's there. I'll have to wait weeks now again.

Truther wrote:
    Yeah direct debit. I don't have wages going into that account, so what I do is go down and pay it in. I got the invoice on the 15 of this month, but because I had bandwidth restrictions and so many emails every day I could not download emails to look at them. It wasn't till the 24th of this month when I saw it and paid it on the 25th. If it was just this time I wouldn't mind, because it was a bit my fault, but this is constantly happening and is just pushing my nerves. They won't even bother looking for the money, even when I tell them it's there. I'll have to wait weeks now again.

If you have the energy you should complain to your bank about Digiweb's behaviour - they are in breach of the direct debit code which entitles a bill payer to a minimum of 14 days notice before a debit is made. In addition to the inconvenience to you Digiweb are costing you additional bank charges. You could also complain to IPSO www.ipso.ie who are always stating that the direct debit system is perfect and that they never have any complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Talaghn

it sounds a bit dodge to me... i wouldnt pay anything like that in advance incase it goes flop!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Seems a bit awkward an pointless to have DD on a bank account without money going in automatically. I don't like Direct Debit myself so I use Credit Card and then it's more flexible which day in the month I pay it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its a bit hard to feed €35 ( most digiweb cistomers pay no more than €35 ) into a bank account each and every month, my sympathies go to anyone who has to organise that every single month of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

sorry but I have to ask - if you're using broadband surely you have Internet banking? Surely you can get the money into your account very easily?

And you seem a bit suprised that you were going to billed - surely they take the same amount out around the same date every month - while the invoice is mandatory you should be expecting it and have the funds available accordingly.

I hate paying for things to :-)

watty wrote:
    Seems a bit awkward an pointless to have DD on a bank account without money going in automatically. I don't like Direct Debit myself so I use Credit Card and then it's more flexible which day in the month I pay it.

AFAIK you have less protection using a credit card for regular direct billing than you have with the direct debit scheme. In theory at least!

Given how open the whole banking system is there is a lot to be said for not using a main account which could be cleared out quite easily for paying direct debits and the like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

dub45 wrote:
    Given how open the whole banking system is there is a lot to be said for not using a main account which could be cleared out quite easily for paying direct debits and the like.

Shall we wait for the next (nay, inevitable) BT Billing thread before we muse anon on that one , eh ??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

surely this is your fault and not Digiwebs? You said they invoiced you early in the month to advise you they would be debiting your account - the onus is on you to ensure the funds are there......As far as i know Digiweb only make one attempt to debit accounts - they do not keep trying. If you don't have money in the account, that's your problem not theirs really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

sorry if this is slightly off the mark.

im looking to get digiweb as ill be moving soon and i noticed your on xbox live. Does digiweb support it ok? what package do you have to run xbox live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

So they did give you 2 weeks notification then. You are restricted to 128kbps and you get so many emails it took 2 weeks for you to get that one. Thats a lot of emails to read through.

Doesn't sound right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

XBox Live should work on any Digiweb service. When your mytraffic.digiweb.ie goes below cap for last 30 days, for a day or two, surely the full speed comes back? Email support though and see if you need to unplug the modem power for a minute...

35notout wrote:
    surely this is your fault and not Digiwebs? You said they invoiced you early in the month to advise you they would be debiting your account - the onus is on you to ensure the funds are there......As far as i know Digiweb only make one attempt to debit accounts - they do not keep trying. If you don't have money in the account, that's your problem not theirs really

The point is whether Digiweb gave the poster sufficient notice under the direct debit scheme which is 14 days.

In the meantime there should be nothing to stop the poster paying Digiweb via a cheque or bank draft to ensure continuity of service.

Here is a link to the workings of the direct debit scheme for anyone interested:

http://www.ipso.ie/frames/documents/OriginatorsDay-to-Dayfinal_001.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deklet

I've been a few years with Digiweb now, and I pay by cheque every 6 mths. In addition to them mixing up addresses and amounts, I've found that their staff are sullen and insolent - and of late their service is such that they don't (or won't) answer e-mails on the subject any more. I won't be renewing my subscription as they are accusing me of exceeding my downloads, when I have resorted to unplugging EVERYTHING when the computer is not in use.
    Completely bloody pissed off with them, would reccommend that NO one renew/begin a subscription with them - oh and today I have contacted the Office of Consumer Affairs on the subject. Watch this space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

ive had them for the last year and find their service rubbish, phone works about half the time and the rolling download limit is a joke at least with eircom/bt you dont get your connection slowed down to nothing for being slightly over their limit for more than a few days.

Advertisement