Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not receiving all mail with POP Access

• 29-06-2007 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi there i set up my Outlook Express for POP Access, but at the moment im not receiving all of the mail at moment.

I've followed the steps again here: but no joy!

Any ideas would be greatful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Anyone got any ideas? As i was receiving it one day, but not after that!

Should i set up another account :confused:

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Pay particular attention to ports in the instructions. It might be worth deleting the account you created and recreating it. Perhaps a firewall is blocking it.

You might like to try setting up the account in a different e-mail client, like Thunderbird [it's free].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

ethernet wrote:
    Pay particular attention to ports in the instructions. It might be worth deleting the account you created and recreating it. Perhaps a firewall is blocking it.

Oh yeah i followed it step-by-step:

19. Under "Incoming Server (POP3)", check the box next to "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). The port number in the "Incoming Server (POP3) field should automatically change from 110 to 995. If it doesn't, make sure the port number is set to 995.
    20. Under "Outgoing Server (SMTP)", check the box next to "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). Enter port number "465" in the "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" field.

You might like to try setting up the account in a different e-mail client, like Thunderbird [it's free].

I could! since i use the best browser going by Mozilla, what are the differences?

But i'll try and delete the account first to see what happens & report back later.

Thanks for the help at moment. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

standbyme wrote:
    ... I could! since i use the best browser going by Mozilla, what are the differences?
    :)
    It blocks images in your mail as it can be a security hazard. You 'train' Thunderbird to know what's junk and what isn't. You can have it automatically delete all mail marked as junk or just dump it in a folder for you to sort later. You'll also be told if the mail you receive is regarded as a scam. It looks a hell of a lot better too. You can download extra themes and add-ons also. As you can tell, I like it :).

Advertisement