Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Something I wanna get off my chest

Options
  • 29-06-2007 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Last summer when I start driving, I was trying to fit into a tight car space in the car park of a certain shopping centre. I was still learning to drive and wasnt used to these things, anyway I accidently crushed the back bumper of a 06 bmw 5 series, it also smashed his brake/rear light. Then I looked around, nobody there?, And drove off. So if youre reading this bmw driver, Im sorry!

Anyway, anyone have similar hit-n-run stories? :D Come on we hav all done it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I can honestly say I have never done that, you know i'm actually surprised the amount of things you freely admit to have done/do on this forum.

Whether you had just started driving or had been driving 20 years, that is inexcusable and you should have left a note or made an attempt to contact the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Well the way I saw it, if he/she can afford to spend €70,000 on a car they can afford the repair. I was a student at the time and hadnt got 2 cents to rub together and wasnt losing my no claims a week after getting my 1st insurance policy. I know this goes on a lot though there was a discussion on radio1 about it a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I run over dogs for fun. I'm sorry dog owners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Lorax wrote:
    Well the way I saw it, if he/she can afford to spend €70,000 on a car they can afford the repair.

you're damn right..... exactly what i woulda done. the cost of the repair wouldn't have meant jack to them, more than likely, and they WOULD have gladly taken your more scarce money to repair it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Would you have done the same if it was a 10 year old ford fiesta that somebody was struggling to keep on the road themselves? My guess is yes. There is no excuse for what you did, if you can't afford to be on the road then don't be. Do the rest of us a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Well the way I saw it, if he/she can afford to spend €70,000 on a car they can afford the repair.

So prettymuch the same excuse as scumbag joyriders so.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

md99 wrote:
    you're damn right..... exactly what i woulda done. the cost of the repair wouldn't have meant jack to them, more than likely, and they WOULD have gladly taken your more scarce money to repair it..

So therefore all sh.it learner drivers should be allowed crash into whoever they like and then tootle off happily?

Oh and its ok, because all learners drive knackered cars so therefore they must be skint.

Learn to drive properly and grow up OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Lorax, you never cease to amaze me. Whatever happened with your summons?

DonJose wrote:
    Lorax, you never cease to amaze me. Whatever happened with your summons?

Thats another completely unrelated matter, its in a few weeks and I have a good solicitor who advised me not to talk about the case openly due to the nature of it.. so....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Lorax wrote:
    Thats another completely unrelated matter, its in a few weeks and I have a good solicitor who advised me not to talk about the case openly due to the nature of it.. so....
    Was it anything to do with the 0-60 phone camera thingy, were you done over that?

• Advertisement

¬_¬

Ill tell ya in August ;)

From Lorax:
    "Tonight I pulled in to the hard shoulder on the n3 where the limit is 100km/h to try something ( my friend was recording my speedometer with my camera phone ) anyway, was just testing the 0-60mph on my car.. so pulled out and started revving, got to 60mph in 2nd gear and only went slightly over the limit maybe, 102km/h or smething.. then slowed back to about 80-90km/h and and put it into proper gear 4th/5th.. anyway the Gardai traffic corps jeep pulled me in not long after and start saying "what the hell do you think you were doing", etc etc, I said I just pulled in to wipe the condensation off my windscreen but dont think he bought it... checked my discs (everything was in date and fine) then looked at my license and wrote something in his notepad. Handed me back my license and walked back to his own car. Jus wondering what laws exactly did I break?"

Care to tell us where your case is due to be heard? Am sure a few BMW drivers would be happy to forward that on as an example of your perception of safe driving.

Its nothing to do with that you tard.

You're the one who can't drive properly buddy.

Best of luck in your attempt at doing 180 in a fiesta with six pints on you and four mates in the back seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Jeez, I know I'd ban the OP if this was posted on my board, that's a bloody awful attitude to have. What I would post here would be censored, but you have a LOT of growing up to do OP. I'm in exactly the same boat as you, driving a 10 yr old Festy, and if I dinged a porsche or a banger in worse shape than mine, I'd leave a note. Calling you a scumbag only insults decent hardworking scumbags.
    [edit]Possible troll? If so, well done, you got me good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Lorax wrote:
    Last summer when I start driving, I was trying to fit into a tight car space in the car park of a certain shopping centre. I was still learning to drive and wasnt used to these things, anyway I accidently crushed the back bumper of a 06 bmw 5 series, it also smashed his brake/rear light. Then I looked around, nobody there?, And drove off. So if youre reading this bmw driver, Im sorry!

Anyway, anyone have similar hit-n-run stories? :D Come on we hav all done it :D

TWAT

Good man, reported for personal abuse.

You break it you should pay for it. It doesnt matter how well off the bmw driver is, you are in the wrong and you have no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Lorax wrote:
    Good man, reported for personal abuse.

Could not give 2 sh1ts, your still a TWAT

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Lorax wrote:
    Its nothing to do with that you tard.

banned for personal abuse, not to mention the staggering amount of reported posts ive had about you.
    you want to be a big man and chat about your heroic illegal activities, then do it somewhere else please.
    PM me in a month for re-admittance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oleras wrote:
    Could not give 2 sh1ts, your still a TWAT

i can forgive you once for a calling an idiot and idiot, but twice is just taking the mickey.
    banned for 2 weeks for personal abuse. pm me when youre time is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Lorax wrote:

What a staggeringly pathetic attitude. This is the same justification that scumbags who mug people use. Basically you robbed this person of the price of the repair.

Just wait until you've grown up and start using your hard earned money to buy the things you want. Then see if you have the same attitude when some idiot smashes it up on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Dosn't really matter what type of car it was that was only an incidental. Put the ball in your court if it happened to you how would you like it if someone crashed into your car and drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

phutyle wrote:
    What a staggeringly pathetic attitude. This is the same justification that scumbags who mug people use. Basically you robbed this person of the price of the repair.

Just wait until you've grown up and start using your hard earned money to buy the things you want. Then see if you have the same attitude when some idiot smashes it up on you.

Spot on. On a general note, bad, reckless behaviour when young is a regrettable fact of life, one thing if the perpetrator knows it was wrong and displays remorse and shame. No remorse and repeated behaviour like this and you have behaviour bordering on the sociopathic (sic). I'd really worry about being near the op's world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Yep, basically the OP just robbed the BMW driver of 6k !!! and got away with it.

How does he know the BMW driver can afford it, maybe he had to really save a lot to buy his / her car and it costs a fortune to keep on the road anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ats

Lorax wrote:
    Then I looked around, nobody there?, And drove off. So if youre reading this bmw driver,

Can't wait for the day Karma catches up and bites his ass. It doesn't matter a damn what type of car it was. Yeah it could have messed your insurance, but guess what it could have messed this guys too. maybe he was driving a rental and now has to pay them over the odds for repair. Or maybe he was a decent bloke and allowed you to pay it in cash and replaced the parts (if it was superficial damage) and kept the insurance out of it.
    KTRIC wrote:
    Yep, basically the OP just robbed the BMW driver of 6k !!! and got away with it.

How does he know the BMW driver can afford it, maybe he had to really save a lot to buy his / her car and it costs a fortune to keep on the road anyway.

yeah could have been this guys dream car, maybe his dear old dad died and he bought it with the inheritance,

I know when i was learning I was crossing lanes in traffic, the lane i was in was stopped and i clipped the guy in front. My fault I was impatient. Anyway after much screaming on his part and me apologizing and offering to repair the damage we settled on the street. €50 cash for him and that was the end of it. yeah €50 was a lot of cash but he could have started screaming about all sorts and the bumper was only damaged slightly so i felt that was the best solution.

My father in law was hit by a L driver and all she did was damage his reg light, couple of € to fix she was in floods of tears over it he just sent her on her way picked up the park in a breakers and sorted it no harm done.

but fecking off when no one is looking, I've had someone do that to me twice, first time brand new set of Lexus lights on the car (i know i deserved it but i was young) €240 gone like that and the swine fecked off. Second time different car same thing was in a car park and some good not only damaged the rear light but also damaged the panel and fecked off and it was a clapped out fiesta

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Oh dear. OP has shown a fundamantal lack of respect and judgement for other peoples goods. A really bad attitude.

I'm almost inclined to wish him no luck in his upcoming court case.

Imagine if he'd been the BMW driver and someone had broken his light and then given it legs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

md99 wrote:
    Of course he would have gladly taken his money, it was Lorax's responsibility to pay for it, not to pass that on to the owner.

This attitude is pathetic, that's the equivalent of me damaging somebody's property by accident, and then running away, because I don't own a house, therefore they're richer than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I wonder what the OP's accompanying fully licenced driver was doing during all this? Surely they would've quickly spotted the learner's lack of experience and ability at parking in tight spots and would have assisted by instructing them through the manoeuvre?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

they were probably to busy, timing how quickly he could do it.

Advertisement