Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Something I wanna get off my chest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

geez, another infuriating lorax post...

I have nothing nice to say about this in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Lorax wrote:
    Last summer when I start driving, I was trying to fit into a tight car space in the car park of a certain shopping centre. I was still learning to drive and wasnt used to these things, anyway I accidently crushed the back bumper of a 06 bmw 5 series, it also smashed his brake/rear light. Then I looked around, nobody there?, And drove off. So if youre reading this bmw driver, Im sorry!

Anyway, anyone have similar hit-n-run stories? :D Come on we hav all done it :D

Some scumbag did this to my car last year cost me 2K to fix, Lorax' attitude seems to be fairly commonplace. There was a pile of broken indicator lens on the ground from a sh!t box micra and my car, I went through it and was able to get enough fragments to work out the make and model of the car as well as the colour due to the knacker leaving half of his paint on my car.
    I went back to that carpark every evening for 2 weeks to try and catch the driver.
    Never did unfortunately, would have had him charged if I caught him.

Scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

My boss has a €100K plus Merc.

I ocassionally am sent out in it to do errands for him. If someone hit it and did damage while I had it out, then I would feel crap about it.

Who said that the person driving the BMW was the person who could afford it. I know I certainly could not afford a car like that, but ocassionaly get to drive them.

Damaging a car and not admitting it is vandalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lorax wrote:
    Well the way I saw it, if he/she can afford to spend €70,000 on a car they can afford the repair. I was a student at the time and hadnt got 2 cents to rub together and wasnt losing my no claims a week after getting my 1st insurance policy.
    That's the most retarded argument I've ever heard. If you can afford to pay insurance, then you can afford to let your insurance handle it. By that logic, anybody should be allowed to steal or destroy anyone else's property, because if you can afford to buy it, you can afford to replace it, right? :rolleyes:

On-topic, yes I have done this, but karma got me. In fact, Karma got me before I even did it, because Karma knew I was going to do it. I very very slightly rubbed off the rear bumper of a car as I pulled into the space. I parked and looked at the other car. There was a tiny scratch on a black plastic bumper. No more than a small stone would do. So not worth owning up to, I reckoned. Then I looked at my own car. The entire front wing under the headlight was pushed in, in a fairly smooth oval-shaped dent. It's still like that today.

Karma's a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Good troll :rolleyes:

Now that the OP has been banned perhaps the thread can be a sensible discussion about car park hit and runs. I have witnessed a couple and unknown to the culprit left a note with their reg on the car they damaged. I'd hope that someone would do the same for me if they saw my car being hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

seamus wrote:
    That's the most retarded argument I've ever heard. If you can afford to pay insurance, then you can afford to let your insurance handle it. By that logic, anybody should be allowed to steal or destroy anyone else's property, because if you can afford to buy it, you can afford to replace it, right? :rolleyes:

I think we can infer from the post he didn't have insurance.... otherwise the money wouldn't have been coming out of his pocket....

anyone who did what the op did is a scumbag..... i would hope a court would throw the book at them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Lorax wrote:
    Good man, reported for personal abuse.

Did you not just call someone a tard!!

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lorax wrote:
    reported for personal abuse.

No you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jhegarty wrote:
    I think we can infer from the post he didn't have insurance.... otherwise the money wouldn't have been coming out of his pocket....

anyone who did what the op did is a scumbag..... i would hope a court would throw the book at them.....
    one of his 'justifications' was he didn't want to claim after only having insurance for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Tauren wrote:
    one of his 'justifications' was he didn't want to claim after only having insurance for a week

ah, didn't see his second post....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

jhegarty wrote:

Very common in this country for people to choose to pay out of pocket instead of insurance for fear of their premiums soaring.

Scratched someone's paintwork with my wing mirror before when trying to navigate into a tight space. Left a note on their windscreen and stuff. Then spent the next few weeks worrying myself sick about how much it was going to cost me (was moving house around the same time so money was tight). When a few weeks passed I thought grand, it mustn't have cost that much so they just let it slide. Then I got a phone call saying "oh I'm just back from holiday etc." and thought "oh god no, it'll have rusted". She said she'd drop it into the garage and get back to me on the price, "I appreciate you leaving me the note" etc. Thankfully though, she never called back so I assume the damage wasn't worth the hassle of chasing after me for. Phew :)

I'm far more cautious these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Oh my god, is this guy for real? Surely its a piss-take?! It doesn't matter whether it was a 70K Beemer or a 15 year old Fiesta, the crime is the same.
    Please lord, let me never park my pride and joy anywhere near this complete idiot... the worrying thing is, there's probably a few more out there with the same stinking attitude. Some people....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Someone bumped into my car in a car park once and someone I know witnessed it, there was nothing more than a few scratches. The person who bumped into me left a note with their details. Because they left the note I never bothered to persue the matter, however had they not left a note I would have gone to the Gardai etc...

If the OP was in a carpark I wouldn't be so sure that no-one saw him and sometimes it takes the Gardai a little while to follow up on these things...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Infuriating...

Some g*bs***e or g*bsheen rearended my Triumph in a shopping centre car-park a couple of years ago and did a runner. I was totally, absolutely gutted: http://mx5ireland.com/stag/hvv416n/DSC06500.JPG

I had the car up for sale at the time, so ended up losing a couple of thousand rather than have it go through the insurance. Still depressed thinking about it to this day - poor oul Stag.

Since I know how it feels, when I clipped a jeep with me nearside mirror one afternoon I went back to make amends with the owner or leave a note. He was there at the back of his jeep, and when he saw the red scratch from my mirror on the plastic trim over his wheel arch, he just said "ah, no probs, forget it". Sound bloke.

Anyway, I'm a firm believer in karma <insert evil cackle>

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

afraid that this common place and a lot of it in carparks where people seem t lose the run of themselves!!
    Thankfully it has never happened to me but IF I did it to someone I would with the best intentions leave them a note.

Enjoy your ban mate, I suspect it will not be your last.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

unlucky lorax! there was a security camera :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFiNXII6dU8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I've clipped a couple of cars over the years, but have always stopped and left my number. Didn't hear from either owner afterward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

OP thats just wrong,it will come back and bite you in the ass someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the OP is just baiting for a reaction. I think this thread should be closed to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

Lorax wrote:
    Last summer when I start driving, I was trying to fit into a tight car space in the car park of a certain shopping centre. I was still learning to drive and wasnt used to these things, anyway I accidently crushed the back bumper of a 06 bmw 5 series, it also smashed his brake/rear light. Then I looked around, nobody there?, And drove off. So if youre reading this bmw driver, Im sorry!

Anyway, anyone have similar hit-n-run stories? :D Come on we hav all done it :D

your post should be reported to the gardai.. remember your not anonymous in the internet my friend.. and it would be quite easy to track you down.

this sorta cowardly thing disgusts me... regardless of him/her having a 5 series or not, he/she is entitled to drive it on the road, without ********** like you damaging it and driving off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Cowardly attitude by the OP. A new brake light and bumper could have been cheap enough, you could have reasoned with the owner. Coward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Good point.

If I drove a BMW 5 series and it was damaged in a car park last summer I wouldnt be long seeking the registration details of this user if I heard about this post.

There cant be that many 5 series damaged in the country in this manner in any one summer.

Frankly the OPs attititude stinks. I would look to press the full force of the law if this happened to me. On the other hand if they leave details theres no hassle, I'd accept there were man (or woman) enough to admit what they did, and not act the coward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

bazz26 wrote:
    I think the OP is just baiting for a reaction. I think this thread should be closed to be honest.

i rekon ure right bazz, lorax is a compulsive liar imo, i doubt anything he says
    is the truth. Tbh i dont think he even drives. everything he says just smacks of bs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Lorax wrote:
    I was a student at the time and hadnt got 2 cents to rub together and wasnt losing my no claims a week after getting my 1st insurance policy.

I wouldn't have thought there's much of a discount for 1 week claim free driving.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Good point.

If I drove a BMW 5 series and it was damaged in a car park last summer I wouldnt be long seeking the registration details of this user if I heard about this post.

There cant be that many 5 series damaged in the country in this manner in any one summer.

Frankly the OPs attititude stinks. I would look to press the full force of the law if this happened to me. On the other hand if they leave details theres no hassle, I'd accept there were man (or woman) enough to admit what they did, and not act the coward.
    I drive a 5 series and am fed up with the way ignorant sods think my doors are something to ram their car doors into. Both sides of the car have vertical lines from these ********.
    If I caught one of them I would make sure that they paid for a full door respray!
    As for the OP, whats the point in wasting internet bandwidth on a selfish inconsiderate sod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

kbannon wrote:
    I drive a 5 series and am fed up with the way ignorant sods think my doors are something to ram their car doors into. Both sides of the car have vertical lines from these ********.
    If I caught one of them I would make sure that they paid for a full door respray!
    As for the OP, whats the point in wasting internet bandwidth on a selfish inconsiderate sod?

i feel exactly the same way. most people think that "its ok" to wallop their door into yours. and creases in door panels stick out a mile :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Wonder what his attitude would be if someone had backed into his souped up shopping trolley and driven off?

Utter coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Lorax - You'd wanna hope I never meet you, I *will* drive over you, then reverse, then drive over you again. Then i'll get out of the car and kick your already-crushed legs.

Then i'll drive off. Hey, I figure you can afford the food to keep your body growing, you can afford the surgery to get them fixed up, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

EIN wrote:
    your post should be reported to the gardai.. remember your not anonymous in the internet my friend.. and it would be quite easy to track you down.

this sorta cowardly thing disgusts me... regardless of him/her having a 5 series or not, he/she is entitled to drive it on the road, without ********** like you damaging it and driving off...

Actually, would anyone have the time to report this to the Gardai? Lorax wouldn't be hard to track down, we know what he's being brought to court for, just explain to the Gardai that the person that was caught for the 0-60 thing admitted to a hit and run in a car park, causing a considerable amount of damage. We have his post here on this forum, and mod's can get his IP in a fraction of a second.

Would be nice to see a gimp get owned

Oh btw i'm gonna start driving into every Levin I see parked in a car park with me field car. Ah sure if they can afford to import a car they can afford to fix it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

About four years ago a lady driver damaged my wing mirror while my car was parked on the side of the road and she kept on driving she knew that she hit my car as there was a loud bang and the impact shook my car the only thing that she didn't know was that I was sitting in my car when it happened, I followed her flashing the lights and blowing the horn at her she kept going so I got my wife to write her reg no. I stopped following her and went to the local Garda station with the details. The Gardai called to her that night and she admitted liability. After I inspected the mirror the only damage was that the mirror was broken which cost €30 to replace that's what it would have cost if she stopped when it happened but she didn't so I got the whole unit replaced which cost her €150 as well as the embarassment of the Gardai calling to her door.

Advertisement