Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparison airline sites dearer than actual sites!

Options
  • 29-06-2007 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Is it normal for comparison sites to be dearer than actual sites?

I was using one of the sites -> ebookers.ie and found prices E10-12 dearer than for a ticket than on one of the places i was checking of :confused:

Also when i was booking a flight earlier yesterday i saw this sign show up on the screen, what does it mean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

ebookers are notoriously expensive. I booked an allinclusive hotel package elsewhere for slightly less than the price ebookers were charging for half board.

ww.skyscanner.com is a decent price comparison website for airfares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

So im not alone in this, yeah i checked skyscanner as well, also found this link it also gives you info about the airport, directions & how far it's away from other airports as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

Does e-bookers technically fall into the category of "price comparison" websites?

I wouldn't have thought so - it merely puts itself across as a cheap fares site. It's registered by IATA etc so it's a travel agent kind of place rather than a portal to prices on other sites.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

standbyme wrote:
    Also when i was booking a flight earlier yesterday i saw this sign show up on the screen, what does it mean?

Your internet browser is telling you that the certificate that ebookers purchased from another security company has expired - and your information may no longer be secure (ie, if you are sending private data such as credit cards, it might be picked up by a middle man).

However, its pointing out that it may be the case that your system clock has the wrong time/date (which the browser uses to check the certificate on the site for valid/invalid date) and the cert has not expired. :) If this isnt the case, and your time/date is correct, id be weary about sending credit card details/personal info using that site until they fix it.

(Note: Iv checked, the sites security certificate is valid and expires in early August of this year, unless they renew it.)

Advertisement