Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singstar game for PC (Ultrastar)

Options
  • 29-06-2007 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Someone may have posted about this before... anyway...

My wife loves Singstar and wanted a playstation just for that :rolleyes: I said no and went off to find one for the Media centre :D

So on sourceforge there is a clone called Ultrastar. Its not as polished as singstar because... well its free open source software. Although its more versitile in that you can add in any Mp3 file and make it work with lyrics. You can actually get the ultrastar lyric files out there for a lot of songs including the timing etc. You can add videos too if you like (any video, does not have to be the music video).
    More recently i came across another version called Ulstrastar Deluxe which is a tweaked version. http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultrastardx/

For info and links try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraStar

I have it working on my media centre (running XP home) and 2 crappy computer mics (2 soundcards).

Its not for someone who wants to use it right away with no knowledge of computers as there are no songs included, its up to you to have the "legal" song files and then get the lyric files..

Anyway just thought i would post about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is your wife happy to settle for second best.. ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

She has no choice! No way im buying a PS2 only to spend another €60 or more for singstar with less than 20 songs and no way of getting more than to buy another singstar game and get another few songs.

I like free better :D

Advertisement