Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New-Gen tech a load of ****?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

krazy_8s wrote:
    I suppose 1 of the variables is that Amd are hoping that the Barc core scales better with multiple cores, which would put Intel in a bad position in the high end server market. Its one of the reasons that Intel has been pushing Fbdimms and Ddr3 so much, more bandwidth means better scaling for Intel Procs.
    I suppose their is some truth in that alright but current intel quads scale very well, in every heavily multithreaded app/bench quads near double the performance of dual core's. And of course Intel will be going IMC next year so bandwidth will become less of a concern. AMD even admitted they would have done an MCM design had they seen how succesful Intel was. LOL I sound a bit like an Intel fanboy, don't I? Well I'll get a 2900XT that'll balance it out :D.

Advertisement