Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spice Girls

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

korn are metal not gothic u tool. also emos are the ones whocut themselves.

i would love to see spice girls try and play a guitar,never mind sing

You take that bait, fishy! take it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

BaZmO* wrote:
    Do Korn actually "play" their instruments?
    Funniest thing i have heard all year!!! Korn are a metal band, playing their instruments are the most important part of their live preformances. busted mimed their guitars, as nobody in the crowd would even notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Funniest thing i have heard all year!!! Korn are a metal band, playing their instruments are the most important part of their live preformances. busted mimed their guitars, as nobody in the crowd would even notice.
    Your sarcasm detectors are obviously not working.

And didn't Busted actually play and write their own songs?

BaZmO* wrote:
    Busted actually play and write their own songs?
    yea they did, but on stage, they often mimed their guitars, as a guitarist that is the ultimate sin!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah but they're a pop band so who gives a sh1t?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You take that bait, fishy! take it!!!!

Glad someone spotted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scitilop

Probably the best thing about this is that it will finally put the whole thing to rest. We've been listening to rumors about them getting back together since about bloody 2001!

Fair played to them though - one by one their solo careers have fallen off the edge, so now's their opportunity to make a killing off, what, 10 concerts. Would you pass it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

what i'm trying hard to work out is how to make it financially viable; Take That returned, but their fan base in the 90's were early teenagers who - ten years on - have gotten the kind of jobs where they'll be able to afford to go to gigs.

The spice girls, OTOH, with only ten dates, give me the feeling that they'll be charging megabucks to attend; not Streisand levels, but certainly high enough. But their fanbase were younger, and they still won't be, for the most part, earning the potential money that'll be required to see their, um, idols.

Take That also had a level of gay following which is traditionally economically viable, but do the Spices have that either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The spice girls, OTOH, with only ten dates, give me the feeling that they'll be charging megabucks to attend; not Streisand levels, but certainly high enough. But their fanbase were younger, and they still won't be, for the most part, earning the potential money that'll be required to see their, um, idols.

There could be some interest from the older, male "I'd still sniff the ginger one's bicycle seat at a pinch" market. Not including myself in that demographic of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scitilop

stovelid wrote:
    There could be some interest from the older, male "I'd still sniff the ginger one's bicycle seat at a pinch" market. Not including myself in that demographic of course.

That's one creepy demographic right there stovelid, really hope you really are not part of it. I'd say they do have quite a gay following and sure there's ALWAYS a market for nostalgia. Their albums must have sold 25 million each at the height of their fame so their bound to sell out 10 stadiums (stadia??) before calling it an official day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

stovelid wrote:

you strike me as the type who might, um, splash out on a Spice Girls poster alright...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Seriously though, I think the concerts will probably sell out. They have all kept in the public eye since the breakup of the spice girls even if not for music (or indeed, unfortunate music) reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!11!!111!!

Girl PowerTM!!!!!!!

I can't wait!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!11!!111!!

Girl PowerTM!!!!!!!

I can't wait!

Look at you, scissoring them with your eyes!

Advertisement