Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I never complain, BUT

Options
  • 29-06-2007 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I bought a bunch of flowers yesterday from a florist in Mullingar and had them delivered to my wife at work.

Initially after visiting the site, I chose these
    I rang the contact number and said I would like to order the bunch on the website as per that page. I was then asked how much I wanted to spend? I explained that they were €40 on the website, but was told I could get a larger bunch etc if I spent more, so I chose €50.

The flowers were delivered to my wife who was delighted with the fact I had sent her flowers, but when I spoke to her and asked what they were like, she hesitated as I suppose she didnt want to seem ungrateful and said....um...yeah...they are lilies and roses and its a big bunch!?!?!?

Alarm bells rang!

Anyway, when she got home from work last night, I almost died when I saw what I had bought!!! I was so disgusted, I picked up the phone and called the florist and it went to a voice mailbox. I explained that I NEVER complain about anything (a fault of mine that my wife regularly points out!) but that if I was to be 100% truthful, I was very very annoyed with what I received for €50 and felt they in no way resembled what I had purchased. Most of the flowers are dying and turned brown and others are not open. Even parts of the green foliage in the bunch was also dead!

This morning, I had still not received any contact, so my wife said I should call again. Being me, I declined....... My attitude was, I had brought it to the attention of the florist and if any florist took pride in their work, they would certainly try resolve it right away. She disagreed. As she said, you paid €50 for a bunch of flowers that you think are disgusting and I think it should be resolved!! She said she would call the florist from work herself and explain.

She made the call, and received a very un co-operative attitude from the florist. The lady said she would make another bunch of flowers, BUT would NOT send roses or lilies (my wifes favourite flowers, and the only reason I even ordered them in the first place) and also she wanted to collect the old bunch if somebody would be at home. She went on to explain that her roses were only fresh on Monday, the dead foliage was plant x, the bunch of flowers were "perfect" when they left her!!! blah blah etc etc.

Oh, almost forgot, the flowers I purchased are above, but the flowers I received are here

Click on the image to see a full size pic of what I received.

Now, the question I am asking, is it me, or am I being totally unreasonable here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You are totally correct and I have heard many times unfortunately that telephone florist stuff is never as good as the picked up variety. I would suggest going into the shop on a busy day and making a fuss and other customers might hear, thats when they will definitely listen. Other fact is that there is nothing more you can do either in this case bas take photos and persue it for your money back. Lesson learned maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

OMG...

the flowers at the top of here - http://www.e-ireland.net/blath/ - are a disgrace, i'm sure if you knew they where the ones your where buying you wouldn't of bought them...

it then shows a "Detailed image" just below and they look grossly dissimular...

i'm in shock

if you still have the flowers you received you should take some pic of them if you wanna bring this to the small claims court.

PS.

Tell her Happy Birthday from me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

I have since discovered that the address I found on the internet for them is no longer their address and they seem to operate from home about 8 miles outside Mullingar, so I dont even have a shop that I can make a fuss in to let others hear!! :D

Lesson learned is right, but its sad that a bad experience with one company can spoil it for others. I have used online florists before and have been VERY impressed, but I think you are correct.....If you are saying it with flowers, SAY IT YOURSELF!!!! :D:D

Regarding taking a pic of them, the pic on the 2nd link is the actual pic I saved along with some others, but me bring something to a small claims court!! Afraid not :( I just need to vent my annoyance somewhere :D BTW, her birthday is in Sep but thanks anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Did you ask for a refund? Ask for a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

So sorry that u had a bad experience as i was worried a week ago as i got flowers sent to my girlfriends place of work as it was her birthday and everything looks grand on photos (kinda like mcdonalds with their big pics up over the counter).
    Anyway i used dooleys in athlone as my girlfriend works there and was amazed when i seen them later that nite as i thought they was brillant for amount paid(€50).
    I know it only takes one bad apple in an industry to make everyone wary and i really feel sympathy for your bad experience but after your post i felt i should praise someone who done the job well that your company should have done for u....

• Advertisement

Long story short
    Florist has been and gone and swapped them for another bunch. We were in the middle of lunch. Still not impressed. Too fed up to even argue. Took them and gave back others. 15 mins ago, went into florist in town to collect bunch for my wifes work colleague who is leaving today and for about half the price, and they are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well. Lesson learned. In future I will buy flowers I can see!

@bookie basher
    Glad to hear you had a good experience and its nice to pay credit where its due ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Luckygirl

I'm sure your wife thinks your deadly no matter how the flowers looked, she's very lucky to have you, since there seemed to be no reason other than "love" for sending them, well done Whist.
    Bet her colleges where jealous!!!;)

Hahahaha
    Thats actually a good point.
    As she said herself, the thought meant more than anything to her
    Think the colleagues were slightly jealous alright :D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

There is a vast difference between what you got and what was illustrated, it seems. One word in the florists defence, if the lillies are all closed as per the picture, theyll be fab when they do open. You often get them closed like that in a fresh bouquet.

Decide yourself what you reckon would be adequate recompense and put it to the florist, see what they say.

Least they delivered em. I once ordered flowers for my mum, and the florist lost the order completely. Made me look a very bad daughter on her birthday.:(

Edit: good on ya for sending flowers in the first place.

@KtK
    Good point about the closed lillies and I have no problem with closed buds and have got them before and I feel it leads to a nice long life rather than the flowers being fully opened when delivered and dried up within a couple of days, but its hard to show in the picture just how bad they all were. They were actually dying and the pink roses had turned brown and yellow on the leaves as they were dying!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

hhmmm just i was thinking that if we have problem so why just we don't give their address and other contact information so other people can avoid them?
    any one agree with me?

Direct link to the site is on the 2nd line of my original post

Advertisement