Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Intermediaries

Options
  • 29-06-2007 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Looking to switch my mortgage. It's tempting to use one of these guys, but where's the catch? They say no fee, as they get their commission from the lender, yet there's a statement in their conditions that says if you take advantage of their advice srvice but don't proceed with them, there's a fee of 1% of mortgage (!).

I see a possible Catch 22. They won't give me the details of their best offer that they've found for me until I send off all my signed documents. Yet I have this enormous fee hanging over me if I decide not to proceed? What it their best offer turns out to be crap?

Also as someone mentioned, there'll be no legal fees paid for me, unlike the offers that the lenders themselves have ...

Any opinions welcome!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

afaik intermediaries simply farm your information into the banks, and don't add any specific value. Unlike doing the research yourself and taking the legal fee's as your profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dutz

there is some brokers out there that charge nothing - have a look around on the internet and that -

If you want you can pm me and i can advise of who i used - no fees @ all only paying for the valuation -

Advertisement