Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6233 - two questions

• 29-06-2007 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

First, the screen is awful oudoors in daylight. Can't see a thing on it. Is there any settings for the screen I can change to improve this problem.

Second, sometimes I get the message "enter access code". What is this? At the same time the 3G icon on the top left changes to a different icon. I presume this is the phone changing to GSM, yes? This is strange as I'm in a strong 3G area and if I switch the phone off/on it's back on 3G again.

I'm with 3.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Bump. Any 6233 owners out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

What version software do you have? (press +#0000#) There were some issues with version 3.70. You could Get version 4.91 or version 5.43. Do not update to version 5.10 on the updater site.

Try changing the theme if you're not getting great display. If your phone didn't come with an original microSD card, it's possible you only have three to choose from. If you need more, I may be able to send all the generic ones and maybe some of the network ones to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I pressed +#0000# but nothing happened. Do I need to do something after thiis?

shayser wrote:
    I pressed +#0000# but nothing happened. Do I need to do something after thiis?

oops, should have been *#0000#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

yapyap wrote:
    What version software do you have? (press +#0000#) There were some issues with version 3.70. You could Get version 4.91 or version 5.43. Do not update to version 5.10 on the updater site.

Try changing the theme if you're not getting great display. If your phone didn't come with an original microSD card, it's possible you only have three to choose from. If you need more, I may be able to send all the generic ones and maybe some of the network ones to you.

I have ver 5.10 (was on it new).
    Is this a bad version to have?

• Advertisement

v 5.10 is very buggy
    If you're within return period, send it back. A lot of the phone features have been lost in this version like setting shortcuts to various applications. Alternatively, ring MPRC and ask if they have v5.43 and it's a big improvement
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&message.id=11841&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

yapyap wrote:
    v 5.10 is very buggy
    If you're within return period, send it back. A lot of the phone features have been lost in this version like setting shortcuts to various applications. Alternatively, ring MPRC and ask if they have v5.43 and it's a big improvement
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&message.id=11841&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Can I not just do the nokia software update myself?

lafors wrote:
    Can I not just do the nokia software update myself?

afaik, v5.10 is the latest on the software updater. try your 7 digit product code at http://europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate and check yourself.

Advertisement