Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Top Up Charge

Options
  • 29-06-2007 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi i went into a shop yesterday on Berkley Rd in Phisboro to buy 25 Eoru worth of credit. 20Euro for my txt bundle and a fiver for calls.

I had to buy it in a 20Euro and a 5 Euro amount and was charged 75Cent for the 20Euro top up and 30 cent for the 5 Euro top up in total paying 26.10 for 25 Euro for credit. I was just wondering if anyone else payes these crazy charges? I know 02 were doing it for a while but i thought it had stopped. Anyone else getting ripped off like me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Top up online, or at an ATM. Or via text. Or just stop buying credit in shops that add a surcharge - not all do. Post offices don't, Supermarkets tend not to... be a smarter shopper = the lesson for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Text-Top Up via AIB Banking Online / O2.ie ftw!!!

Or buy in Xtra-Vision / post-office - don't think they charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's not O2 that are applying the charge, the shop is. They apply it to all the operators too, not just O2.

Anyway, as others have said there are lots of ways to buy without the charge, Dunnes and Tesco don't charge, online has no charge (though you do need a Laser or credit card), Pass machines, Post Office and many others don't charge. Only the small shops seem to apply the surcharge now, a lot of Centras and Spars do to I think.

There's one particular shop in Galway that charges fees when you get credit. As far as I know, this is the only one to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I know at least two. What one do you know?
    OP, just use tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement