Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Circle Pits

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm boggled how the scared pussy got up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

scaling the padded bit of the pillar would have been difficult, i presume he had a ladder :p
    getting back down wouldnt have been easy or he needed to take a Pi*s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

slowest circle pit ever!!!hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

lol that was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

looks nowt more then an enclosed marathon.

All this talk of "circle" pits - has anyone actually been in one, in a gig in Ireland...and if so ...did you feel a bit stupid running in a circle, like a dog chasing his tail?

For the life of me, I cant remember a single bloody marathon during a gig - normally a pit was all arms and elbows - good, friendly violent fun. Someone falls down, everyone helped - now it just seems they'd rather step on you instead of helping you up

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    All this talk of "circle" pits - has anyone actually been in one, in a gig in Ireland...and if so ...did you feel a bit stupid running in a circle, like a dog chasing his tail?

Yeah, when I was younger, and full of booze, I thought it was a great idea at the time. It wasn't, and I haven't done it since.

yeah but for the life of me I cannot remember a single circle pit at any of the gigs I went to in the early 90s. Sure there was a circle, but not filled with people running after each other - twas just a straight up mosh - like every good little boy and girl should perform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Well there be circle pits and moshpits, both today are filled with mostly people who are looking for fights. I saw one guy pushing the people in front of him in a circle pit hen running over the body on the ground, what an asshole.

In a moshpit i seen a guy going around punchinging people in the face purposely as if he was in a fist fight, now that was bad. People need to learn how to mosh and also need to learn common curtosy(SP?) I mean at the end of the day everyones there to have a good time.

unfortunately pits at gigs here, are chock-a-block with annoying scene kids that like to hardcore dance and look absolutely ridiculous with their ''hardcore'' windmilling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its only windmilling until someone gets sick of it takes the ground out from under their feet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

I remember going to McGonagles yearsnyears ago and there were circle pits back then (90-91 ish). In the middle was where you went to get your nose broken. It fizzed out altogether and was just normal elbows etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

Meant to ask, what's windmilling when it's at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

didn't machine head get 4 pits going at the same time at download a few years ago?

scubagit wrote:
    Meant to ask, what's windmilling when it's at home?

Windmilling - art of: rotational headbanging (proper method of windmilling - I dont know what those kids are doing these days)

Reference: Cliff Burton, Carcass
    Video reference: Start of this video, watch vocalist - repeat :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTpQOZcNASw

Side effects include dizziness, nausea and some really strong neck muscles
    scubagit wrote:
    I remember going to McGonagles yearsnyears ago and there were circle pits back then (90-91 ish). In the middle was where you went to get your nose broken. It fizzed out altogether and was just normal elbows etc.

Nope - them just normal pits - circle pits are just full of kids running after each other. You probably thinking of your standard mosh pit - arms and elbow flying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Lol circle pitts are alive and well, I was in one the other day down here in waterford. It was a 6/7 man pit, 10 tops :P :D

On windmilling, I dont know how anyone can do it, my neck will just not move like that !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

its my hair that wont follow the windmill, i guess its somthing you can either do or you cant, like rolling your tongue.

LOl my hair is deffinitly long enough, but my neck is too stiff to do it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Reference: Cliff Burton, Carcass
    Video reference: Start of this video, watch vocalist - repeat :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTpQOZcNASw

Anyone else watch that video and immediately think of Nathan Explosion? :p

feylya wrote:
    Anyone else watch that video and immediately think of Nathan Explosion? :p

He's the guy Nathan Explosion was based on. ;)

Much in the same way that Murderface was based on Geezer Butler, and pickles based on Devin Townsend.

well the windmilling that i was refering to (unless this has already been figured out) is windmilling of the arms (yes im aware of how ridculous that sounds) at great speed

• Advertisement

Fad wrote:
    well the windmilling that i was refering to (unless this has already been figured out) is windmilling of the arms (yes im aware of how ridculous that sounds) at great speed

So its a form of exercise - like a warm up? Jesus that sounds ****ing terrible and quite funny at the same time

Reminds of that episode the Simpsons, the fight between Bart and Lisa

Something like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q3i8pJFtmk - hardcore kids, stupidity at its best :)

thats exactly what i mean.
    but more definitly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT0STCgfbaU
    watch all of it, perhaps cover your ears :p (i love them btw)

hopefully scene kids dont like regina spektor

LOl those guys are ****ing retards. That and elbows gets me so ****ing pissed off. There better not be any of it at D.O.D or I might ****ing get carried away and do something about it , what with the drunkenis and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Seen plenty of circle pits at the last few hardcore gigs I've been to.

Windmilling hair is no less ridiculous than windmilling arms. Not that I'd ever do either, but hardcore windmilling > metal windmilling.

Oh, and whoever said that about circle pits being purely people looking for fights is talking nonsense.

I think a lot of scene kids might actually be fond of Regina Spektor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I dunno why but i despise circle pits does anyone else feel the same about circle pits as me.

Not to say that the pit size wasnt impressive because well it was most impressive.

Windmilling is easy u just gotta get the hair going in the right direction and then u can speed it up :)

Hehehe Windmilling arms i saw that at Grasspop some Belgiun dude was doing it he hit some really big dutch guy and got pummeled :p Was very very very funny.

hardcore windmilling > metal windmilling.

Pfft, oh you kids and your wild ways. The chances of getting a smack from someone's hair, I think, is a tad better then some hardcore brat smacking you with his/her fist.

So, I shall take my metal windmilling, and bid you good day sir!

I think a lot of scene kids might actually be fond of Regina Spektor.

SH!t :p

at a certain trance/hardcore hybrid gig i was at i nearly died (but that wasnt just scene kids, absolute scumbags there too ''for the dance bits'', and bear in mind i was in the very middle up the front).

DOD id presume attracts all the nice and friendly metal heads, who may frighten people but are actually helpful.

Fad wrote:

DOD id presume attracts all the nice and friendly metal heads, who may frighten people but are actually helpful.

Yeah I'm hopeing thats how its going to be. I really dont want to get pissed off too much this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

If your not that tall, a smack of the elbow can happen very easily...unintentionally, so dont go fighting if some tall dude hits you with one purely by accident.

• Advertisement

Anything like this gets me so ****ing pissed off!

These guys are a bunch of ****ing retards!!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=T7dnWB1BiRA

Advertisement